Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #267
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamooth View Post
"Why did you get that ugly a$$ yellow color like BumbleBee???"
(yellow was actually not my first choice but the price was right and the options were perfect. I've learned to love it.)

"You know you'll never get consistent 1/4 mile times with that manual?"

"It's too soon to have a mid-life crisis."

"Cool car, small dick."

And in the last few days- "Jesus CHRIST why is that thing so loud? You're an a$$hole!"

Unfortunately for these people, I bought my car for my enjoyment and not theirs.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #268
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamooth View Post
"Why did you get that ugly a$$ yellow color like BumbleBee???"
(yellow was actually not my first choice but the price was right and the options were perfect. I've learned to love it.)

"You know you'll never get consistent 1/4 mile times with that manual?"

"It's too soon to have a mid-life crisis."

"Cool car, small dick."

And in the last few days- "Jesus CHRIST why is that thing so loud? You're an a$$hole!"

Always chuckle at small dick comments. Why cant someone with a normal size rig enjoy nice cars? lol
Old 10-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #269
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyone View Post
I don't understand what you are trying to say. Are you stating that if you go to Philly you automatically get your ass beat? Lol
I walked around Philly for 2 days wearing Dallas Cowboys gear expecting to catch crap and really only got a couple of remarks but mostly everyone was cool.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #270
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPilot View Post
Good one! I actually do ride, just not a Harley and no tats, so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

There are more RUBs (Rich Urban Biker) on Harleys than ever before and rarely does anyone give them grief.
I am tatt'd up and ride a Harley and a Big Dog but I also drive a blown Chebby!!! I get no flak.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #271
BRUKSHOT

Drives: 2014 Yellow Camaro 2SS RS M6
Well, my story starts with my wife's "liberal" never married sister. When I bought my 2004 Millenium Yellow Corvette back a couple of years ago, she went on a rant about it and me! Evidently, according to her, I, age 53, am going through some kind of mid life crisis? Not in a nice and cordial jokingly way mind you, but really nasty. I have owned muscle cars up until I got married 29 years ago at the age of 24. In the late 70's to early 80's I used to build engines for racing and had a blast running them out here on our country roads. (Big Dukes of Hazzard fan if you get my drift-hahaha) I have loved muscle cars all my life and always dreamed about building a big block and dumping it into a Chevy Chevelle but just never found the time while raising kids and running my own businesses. Well, one day shortly after I traded the Vette for the Camaro, my wife wanted to take the car over to her sisters residence for a visit, and, well, let's just say this...my sister-in-law wasn't impressed in the least. I informed my wife beforehand that I didn't think it was a good idea, but she wanted to anyway so I agreed. I won't state what my S-I-L said, but I will state that she has numerous cats and she enjoys them immensely!!!

And, just as a side note...this is the only bad compliment I have received so far since I bought this car last month! All other comments have been very positive.
BRUKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #272
mat300z
Emerald Coast Camaro's

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I've gotten the midlife crisis thing once but I'm only 37? Is that midlife I didn't think so. When I had jba hfc's with muffler delete on it the college kids vacationing around here said it sounded like shi@t. Now with the kooks headers and no cats and 3.91's I haven't heard anything. Probably cause I can't hear them over the exhaust But for the most part I get the bad ass ride compliments but the haters are out there.
mat300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #273
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
"You are having a midlife crisis" from brother in law.
"You gonna grow a mullet now too?" from friend who hates Camaros.
"Ever heard of Mopar or no car?" from my Mopar friends (I also have a Challenger)

I love my car so I just laugh and think "jealous" if anyone says anything negative.

Mostly, though, all comments have been really positive. My SRT friends are dying to race me at the track. Got pulled over the second day I had it and the cop LOVED it so much he said he [jokingly] wanted a turn driving it, told me where to go so I can fly without being pulled over, gave advice on brakes, and let me go without even running anything. I think he just wanted to see the car. lol
Old 10-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #274
Ides of March

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post
"Ever heard of Mopar or no car?" from my Mopar friends (I also have a Challenger)

I love my car so I just laugh and think "jealous" if anyone says anything negative.

Mostly, though, all comments have been really positive. My SRT friends are dying to race me at the track. Got pulled over the second day I had it and the cop LOVED it so much he said he [jokingly] wanted a turn driving it, told me where to go so I can fly without being pulled over, gave advice on brakes, and let me go without even running anything. I think he just wanted to see the car. lol
Wow what a cool cop.
Ides of March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #275
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
One day i stopped by my buddies wheel shop to BS with him, i do it quite often and everytime time i do everyone hears me pulling in and they all walk outside and gawk

Anyways, i get out and walk inside for a while and visit. When i walk outside one of his newer employees is standing outside still looking and he says "hey man, where do you work to afford this sh!t?" I say " i work at a glass manufacturing plant man" he says " ya but still, you cant make enough to afford this" i just facepalmed, yes i actually facepalmed, shook my head and said " i make decent money man, you dont have to be a millionaire to afford a camaro" he looked at me bewildered and i got in my car and left.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #276
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
[QUOTE=Cobra Kai;7098374]
He drives a bmw and I replied something to the effect of: "No I got it because it kicks a$$"
QUOTE]

Ugh, a BMW... People say that those who drive BMWs are the ultimate pricks. I used to think that was just a stereotype. But lately it's proving to be true, judging by how they drive in traffic and how they park.
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #277
Macky

Drives: 2016 1SS, Garnet Red Tintcoat
My daughter works as a graduate assistant and one of the other GAs asked her what kind of car she drives. When she said a Camaro, he went off on a rant about "people who drive Camaros." When she told him that her dad and uncle also own Camaros, he said, and I quote: "Oh, your whole family are douche bags."

WTF?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #278
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky View Post
My daughter works as a graduate assistant and one of the other GAs asked her what kind of car she drives. When she said a Camaro, he went off on a rant about "people who drive Camaros." When she told him that her dad and uncle also own Camaros, he said, and I quote: "Oh, your whole family are douche bags."

WTF?
I would have kicked his ass. Them theres fightin words.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #279
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post

The saying should be, "Mopar is NO CAR". I always joked that MoPar meant you always need More Parts to keep it running.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #280
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The saying should be, "Mopar is NO CAR". I always joked that MoPar meant you always need More Parts to keep it running.
lol Oh one of them called my car a Slomaro. Whatever, it's fast enough for me.