Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #43
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I wonder what the Pill and other haters are going to say when the car does end up 200lbs less. Funny thing is that guy kept spouting off that the Mustang wasn't going to gain weight but was dead wrong. Now he is saying no way is the 6th gen going to lose that much weight and I'm pretty sure he will be dead wrong again. I think the only reason his followers look at his post is because he tells them what they want to hear. I'm sure the intelligent realist know he is full of BS.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #44
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I wonder what the Pill and other haters are going to say when the car does end up 200lbs less. Funny thing is that guy kept spouting off that the Mustang wasn't going to gain weight but was dead wrong. Now he is saying no way is the 6th gen going to lose that much weight and I'm pretty sure he will be dead wrong again. I think the only reason his followers look at his post is because he tells them what they want to hear. I'm sure the intelligent realist know he is full of BS.
I stopped wondering about what the Pill was going to say long before he was booted from Camaro5
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #45
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
If the standard 2ss ( no extra options) manual weighs an ounce over 3735 GM blatantly lied to everyone. 2ss manual curb starts at 3935 in the 2015.

I think the new auto tranny is even lighter than the manual now. The curb on a 2015 auto 2ss is like ~3970. ( gm states the 1ss auto weighs 3946) so that's going to be even easier to hit for the new auto.

I also notice people keep saying less brakes like it's only a negative sign... Anyone ever think it could be a sign the car truly is significantly lighter....? The braking on even the standard SS will be sufficient. Excellent probably if I had to guess.
I agree with you. I think once a track pack comes (1LE) out that it'll weigh more than ATS-V. Based on the 200 pound thing, it should weigh less than the tested weight of the ATS-V I've seen.. Which I think is pretty remarkable.

I have a feeling the 1LE this time around, if it exists, will add weight instead of be lighter.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:15 PM   #46
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Looks like a sedan.. Etc. Etc.. Lol.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:26 PM   #47
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Looks like a good 30 percent of them sit around his fire every night.

It's clearly obvious even when GM publishes the numbers it will be far from over. Pill popper has stated as such.
Guessing they will find one and weigh one to prove otherwise due to some type of trickery, dishonesty and or error and claim it as truth to the rest of the community. About 30 percent of them will follow it like sheep.

Remember a decent number of them
Believe that... ( looking at recent threads)

- GM lies about everything and the curb weights published aren't worth wiping your ass with.

-Their curb weights are actually on the heavy side and ford is overly honest. The mustang doesn't even weigh as much as what is published to some of them! They know the weight better than the company that built it!

-The handling of the 5th gens such as the 1le is literally a conspiracy of some sort. They are absolutely terrible on a track.

- The 4th gen is a far superior car for track duty/road racing than the 5th.

- I also recently learned that ls1 cars only dyno 220-250 rwhp, they run equal with an 05 4.6, were never under rated and no one has ever run a high 12 in all of history in a stock one... It's impossible. Your a member of a cult if you believe an ls1 could ever make 300 rwhp or squeak out a 12 stock.

- Plenty more just as amazing got tired of typing...go take a look...

I know every site has people with blinders and fanboys... But wow... It's something incredible on that forum right now. Over 100 pages discussing camaro vs mustang.... It's obvious they are VERY nervous and grasping at everything they can ( some of them)

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 05-20-2015 at 06:57 PM.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:37 PM   #48
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I agree with you. I think once a track pack comes (1LE) out that it'll weigh more than ATS-V. Based on the 200 pound thing, it should weigh less than the tested weight of the ATS-V I've seen.. Which I think is pretty remarkable.

I have a feeling the 1LE this time around, if it exists, will add weight instead of be lighter.
One thing I have seen pill popper say that could have merit (1le weight) like you are saying as well. But depending on the price of the option... They could counter extra weight from something like bigger brakes with something like a cf hood. Or the parts they add in general could be very light weight etc. Just depends how clever they are and how much these options will cost etc
Old 05-20-2015, 06:45 PM   #49
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
. I gotta be honest, all this hysteria over 200lbs is a bit blown out of proportion. Its not that big of a deal.

INCOMING!!!!

200 lbs IS a big deal.... I hope none of the track guys see this.

Last edited by ShnOmac; 05-20-2015 at 06:57 PM.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #50
ULTRAZLS1

Also funny all the talk about brakes now. They gave two shits ( or just lied to themselves and jumped on pill poppers nuts) when the early 5.0 cars could make more than a few laps without fading out as published by several testers.

Now the SS could possibly have some braking issues (according to them) so hold the phone it's garbage. Very next sentence a fanboy will then comment no one tracks a car anyway...( if you find someone that actually admits the 1le handles this is the other default excuse)

Someone even mentioned that the thread on mustang6 of mustang vs camaro had ....
"gone full retard"
LMFAO!!!....
Which was immediately proclaimed by one of the fanboys to be the fault of Chevy fanboys soiling their fact filled thread... I'm still laughing about it

Last edited by ULTRAZLS1; 05-20-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:59 PM   #51
Big reg

Drives: Infiniti FX50S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Also funny all the talk about brakes now. They gave two shits ( or just lied to themselves and jumped on pill poppers nuts) when the early 5.0 cars could make more than a few laps without fading out as published by several testers.

Now the SS could possibly have some braking issues (according to them) so hold the phone it's garbage. Very next sentence a fanboy will then comment no one tracks a car anyway...

Someone even mentioned that the thread on mustang6 of mustang vs camaro had ....
"gone full retard"
LMFAO!!!....
Which was immediately proclaimed by one of the fanboys to be the fault of Chevy fanboys soiling their fact filled thread... I'm still laughing about it
Lol, that was me.
Big reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #52
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big reg View Post
Lol, that was me.
Lol... Nice one for sure...perfect actually

Just noticed the couple geniuses talking about the ls1 actually got shot down by some of their own... With video proof. Doubt it will phase the guys who have truly
gone " full retard " ....facts will be used as ass wiping material.
good times

Old 05-20-2015, 07:06 PM   #53
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Please do not troll other boards. It makes life harder for moderators (on other sites), and can lead to forum wars -which make life harder for moderators on all sites.

Thank you

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #54
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
I promise!!

Now can i get a link to the thread??
Old 05-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #55
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Please do not troll other boards. It makes life harder for moderators (on other sites), and can lead to forum wars -which make life harder for moderators on all sites.

Thank you

-DG
Are you saying that I can't look? (not gonna happen) .....or to just stop reporting what I see?

If that's what you want no problem... I understand.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #56
Big reg

Drives: Infiniti FX50S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Thank you

-DG
No trolling on my part sir. I've been a member there for a year mainly for the GT350 section.

Joined here for more info on the 6th gen.
Big reg is offline   Reply With Quote