Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-20-2015, 03:19 PM   #15
Gcashwell

Drives: F250
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
. I gotta be honest, all this hysteria over 200lbs is a bit blown out of proportion. Its not that big of a deal.
I challenge you to take 200 lbs out of your car, increase performance, safety comfort and good looks, and spend $1000.

Last edited by Gcashwell; 05-20-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Gcashwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #16
Big reg

Drives: Infiniti FX50S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
it's AT LEAST 200 lbs lost model to model.
I thought that too until this article was brought to my attention. They are claiming the V6 only lost 100lbs which calls into question all the other figures as well. They directly interviewed Al O in the story too. I really hope it's a misquote, typo or something else.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...hotos-details/
Big reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #17
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big reg View Post
I thought that too until this article was brought to my attention. They are claiming the V6 only lost 100lbs which calls into question all the other figures as well. They directly interviewed Al O in the story too. I really hope it's a misquote, typo or something else.

I found this in another thread, which contradicts what you have above:

Quote:
FYI, according to the Autoblog test drive:

Though the new car is said to be more than 200 pounds lighter, that's a blanket number that applies to the entire Camaro range. The V6 model is actually about 300 pounds lighter, and that difference is apparent in our back-to-back drives. After all, the 335-horsepower six-cylinder has only 12 more ponies than last year's V6, but it feels much stronger and more capable.
But perhaps this is from confusion...and it really means the T4 is nearly 300 pounds lighter.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #18
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Why??? You do realize the car is completely wired on all models for all those extras?? So all we r talking about is some extra plastic switches. I gotta be honest, all this hysteria over 200lbs is a bit blown out of proportion. Its not that big of a deal.
200+lbs less weight on a performance car is a big deal.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #19
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:

Too many posts from Pill and his drivel. It has been stated over and over by GM that the car has lost 200 pounds or more, depending on model. I can only interpret that one way. If I were a Ford fanboy and a GM basher, I'd try to twist that somehow.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:40 PM   #20
Big reg

Drives: Infiniti FX50S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Too many posts from Pill and his drivel. It has been stated over and over by GM that the car has lost 200 pounds or more, depending on model. I can only interpret that one way. If I were a Ford fanboy and a GM basher, I'd try to twist that somehow.
Trust me I called him out twice on it and when I read the article was shocked. I've been waiting for this car as I passed at the last minute on a '14 ZL1. Everything I've seen and heard has been minimum 200lbs per model. I assume the article was a misqoute but the pill popper didn't write it unfortunately.
Big reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #21
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
GM has said it multiple ways to try and clear up any confusion but the Mustang boys seem to be very sour and trying to rain on Chevys parade. Even when Chevy releases the numbers some will still try and twist it.

But a fully loaded 2ss will probably not be 200lbs lighter than a base 2ss from last year. Options like heated and cooled seats, sunroof and such do add weight.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #22
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Seems pretty straightforward to me.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #23
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Trust me I called him out twice on it and when I read the article was shocked. I've been waiting for this car as I passed at the last minute on a '14 ZL1. Everything I've seen and heard has been minimum 200lbs per model. I assume the article was a misqoute but the pill popper didn't write it unfortunately.
I don't think he was quoted anywhere in the article stating anything about weight. Where in multiple other articles and press releases they say at least a 200 pound from model to model.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:56 PM   #24
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcashwell View Post
I challenge you to take 200 lbs out of your car, increase performance, safety comfort and good looks, and spend $1000.

I can do it for free... by getting out of the car.

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #25
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I doubt heated and cooled seats and a heated steering wheel is going be enough weight to offset the fact the car is in a lighter platform and engineers strived for as much weight saving as possible. If a 2ss 5gen and 2ss 6 gen are compared I'm confident it will be a 200+ pound loss, the only people that would like you to think otherwise are the mustang fanboys whose last string of hope is that the 6gen is heavier than the mustang.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #26
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
GM has said it multiple ways to try and clear up any confusion but the Mustang boys seem to be very sour and trying to rain on Chevys parade. Even when Chevy releases the numbers some will still try and twist it.

But a fully loaded 2ss will probably not be 200lbs lighter than a base 2ss from last year. Options like heated and cooled seats, sunroof and such do add weight.
As long as it is compared standard 2ss to standard 2ss. Some will compare base 2ss from this year to base 2ss next year and additional extra cost options... Not apples to apples.
If that's what your saying I agree...
Is heated steering wheel and heated/ cooled seats standard on 2ss? If so that won't add shit for weight anyways. Do you know if it's standard can't recall? And if it's not why is anyone even talking about it... Won't effect the 200 lb claim base to base.... Smoke and mirrors...
I would be surprised my nearly loaded 14 Silverado didn't have heated and cooled seats and steering wheel standard and it was about ~46 k. Heated yes...cooled was an additional 500... I passed lol
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #27
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I think we are saying the same thing, that a 15 and a 16 with the same options will be a minimum of 200lbs apart.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #28
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Are heated and cooled seats and heated steering wheel standard on 2ss? If so I'm very impressed...
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote