Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #365
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post

6th gen design was decided years ago per Fbod. They don't do this shit overnight.

( or at least I think that's what he said. I was partially inebriated at the time. Swear he said three years )
Old 05-22-2015, 10:49 PM   #366
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Ive only heard 1 other person say the new Camaro looks like a Stang. He conveniently just bought a new Stang. That car is HIDEOUS. There is ZERO similarity, aside from 4 wheels, 2 doors, has headlights, and is a coupe. But I can understand why they would hope something looked like the S550. No one wants to be the only turd in the toilet.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #367
TIMMY22

Drives: camaro
These are some in the flesh pics from another site

Not sure if its been posted here before so anyway...

TIMMY22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #368
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valve-snake View Post
...I didn't read every post (again, not a Camaro guy) but I can't believe you guys aren't upset by how much they copied the new Mustang. I have shown pictures to several non-car guy neighbors and they all say "Is that the new Mustang?" Now, you and I know very well it isn't but if the average Joe neighbor people think it's a Mustang.......
The back especially copies the Mustang. The dash also. The turbo 4, what a brilliant idea. Glad they thought of it............ohhh wait.
I just can't believe you guys are not upset. I guess after it being killed once you are just happy to have the Camaro and I don't blame you. But REALLY? Nobody here sees the Mustang in the new design?
I welcome adult and polite conversation.
I'm not at all surprised that non-car guys thought it was a Mustang, when I had the 5th gen in 2011 people thought it was also a Mustang. It seems the general public just isn't as bombarded with Camaro ads as they are with Mustang, which is fine since that money can stay in the car's development.

As for the backend's looking the same, well there's a prior post a higher in the page that shoes how different they actually are. The dashes look the same? That's reaching. And the 2.0T... What did you expect? A six cylinder turbo? Not when the gov't is requiring higher mpg vehicles.

I'm fine with the new model since it still has a semblance of the 5th gen lots of people liked. Compound that with the new tech and I'm a happy customer.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:10 AM   #369
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Ford took styling cues from the 5th gen camaro, how can the 6 gen be copying the mustang? The two cars look nothing alike.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #370
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valve-snake View Post
Thank you for allowing me to be on your forum. Obviously you can tell by my screen name that I am not a Camaro fan. But I am certainly glad they are around. I had a lot of F-body friends in high school and I spent many a night cruising around in a T top GTA and also a Z28. I am not a kid. I am WAY over 40 and not an E-Thug or here to start a fight. I honestly thought I would find you guys all in an uproar because of the new Camaro. I joined to see what you all thought of the new design. I didn't read every post (again, not a Camaro guy) but I can't believe you guys aren't upset by how much they copied the new Mustang. I have shown pictures to several non-car guy neighbors and they all say "Is that the new Mustang?" Now, you and I know very well it isn't but if the average Joe neighbor people think it's a Mustang.......
The back especially copies the Mustang. The dash also. The turbo 4, what a brilliant idea. Glad they thought of it............ohhh wait.
I just can't believe you guys are not upset. I guess after it being killed once you are just happy to have the Camaro and I don't blame you. But REALLY? Nobody here sees the Mustang in the new design?
I welcome adult and polite conversation.

They don't think it's the new Mustang they are just WISHING it as the new Mustang!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #371
grkjet

Drives: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia/2022 LT1 otw
Don't see many similarities between both cars, mustangs roof slopes a lot more in my opinion while the camaro, although transitioning to a fastback design, still retains more distinct lines rather slopping lines. Also the tri bar lights that the mustang has look nothing like the lights of the camaro.
grkjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #372
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Ford took styling cues from the 5th gen camaro, how can the 6 gen be copying the mustang? The two cars look nothing alike.
No they didnt.

Ford took their styling cues from the 67-68 Fastback Mustang along with the 69 and 70 Fastback Mustang.

Likewise, Chevy took the inspiration for the 5th gen from the idea of what would happen if the 69 Camaro continued evolving and never stopped production. The 6th Generation is an evolution of the 5th gen design, just as Chevy said it would be.

Ford didnt steal from Chevy, Chevy didnt steal from Ford. Both companies drew on the heritage of their own designs.

The arrogance on both sides of this is astounding, holy crap.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:19 AM   #373
Tim Adams

Drives: 2020 Elkhart Lake Blue 1LT Z51 C8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
No they didnt.

Ford took their styling cues from the 67-68 Fastback Mustang along with the 69 and 70 Fastback Mustang.

Likewise, Chevy took the inspiration for the 5th gen from the idea of what would happen if the 69 Camaro continued evolving and never stopped production. The 6th Generation is an evolution of the 5th gen design, just as Chevy said it would be.

Ford didnt steal from Chevy, Chevy didnt steal from Ford. Both companies drew on the heritage of their own designs.

What he said!!

2020 C8 ordered!!

"The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches"

www.timadamsphotography.com
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:13 AM   #374
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
No they didnt.

I know, I was being sarcastic. The mustang guy was obviously trolling, I was just stirring the pot
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:14 AM   #375

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'm pretty sure the photo below shows the new Camaro emblem in the wheel center....I enlarged it best I could....Looks like it's there to me....Just something different than the wheel options above....

90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #376
GraveWhisperer

Drives: Porsche 911 C4
Is this the Grey Color or the Metallic Black?
GraveWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #377
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Well...I was thinking more along the lines of...
Attached Images

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:51 PM   #378
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
This is what I see...as far as the roof line is concerned. Aero cues from the 1970 Camaro...and I like it a lot.
Attached Images

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote