Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2023, 01:09 PM   #29
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
dude that is so uncalled for and inappropriate.
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 07:59 PM   #30
jollymon

Drives: '23 RRT 2SS 1LE M6, '15 SIM 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollymon View Post
Another vote for ProClip. Fourth vehicle I've put one of them in, always a clean and quality looking/working install.

Used this iPhone Lightning charge dock for my "dinosaur" iPhone XS
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q9F5NK2...roduct_details

Ran the cable under the lip on the console and drilled hole into the console compartment side wall, filled with a snap-in hole plug with 1/8" hole to feed wire thru to connect to the USB port.

Works slick.
Okay, so a year later... Saw the Course Motorsports mounts and became intrigued. The Proclip worked fine but I don't care for the phone being way down low and blocking the passenger seat heat/cool button.
And, came out of the "dark ages" upgrading to a new iPhone w/ MagSafe, so didn't need the Lightning charge cradle anymore.

So out with the old, in with the new today!

Course Motorsport mount installed. Had to put a few washers as spacers between the phone mount ball and the stud on the bracket to bring the MagSafe mount farther from the dash as my phone was rubbing the edge of the infotainment center otherwise.

Then routed the MagSafe charger cable behind the infotainment and out under the trim next to the glovebox.

And then along the right side of the console. Used a Battery Tender 12V to USB A adapter. Provides 2A to give reasonable MagSafe charging, not great but will more than keep up with the phone while streaming music and Google amps, etc. This all gets tucked up under the console when the trim is reinstalled.

Powered by the 12V Accy outlet in the console using a splitter adapter

Will see how this works out. Definitely like the new position of the phone.
Attached Images

2015 SIM 1LS M6 - fun DD commute car
2023 RRT 2SS 1LE M6 w/PDR - FUN!!
jollymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 10:23 AM   #31
Rogueleader_92

Drives: Chevy camaro, Chevy cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Phone nets from Amazon @ $11 a pair. Replaced the crappy included double-sided tape with velcro pads, and these nets haven't moved a hair since original installation, even though I do slap the phone in there real good sometimes.
I like this solution, I don't want to have my phone visible or on a mount and when I need to charge it goes in the cup holder but that gets in the way if we have drinks and it doesn't fit very well with the cord plugged in, this will fix both issues.

Blue 2023 Camaro, 3LT, RS.
Rogueleader_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 06:56 PM   #32
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Seems like a moot point with Apple CarPlay.

On short rides the phone is in my jacket pocket. Otherwise, it's in a Weathertech cupholder so I can charge it. Either way, i don't need to see the phone screen.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:09 PM   #33
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Phone nets from Amazon @ $11 a pair. Replaced the crappy included double-sided tape with velcro pads, and these nets haven't moved a hair since original installation, even though I do slap the phone in there real good sometimes.
After 4 years of my phone flying around whenever having a little fun, I finally followed arpad_m's lead and got the same holders... Just like he did, I removed all the crappy double sided tape they put on them and added 100% coverage of some good velcro hooks with really good adhesive on the back...

Once they are in, they really look EOM... and they hold on tight...

About $15 total including a huge roll of Velcro...

The holders ($7.19 with a discount code for 10% off):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GXL2KZT...t_details&th=1

The velcro I bought (the adhesive seems really strong) ($7.59 and I have a bunch left):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:33 AM   #34
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Always just tossed mine in the seat
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote