Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #57
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
I put the intake/K&N combo on almost a year ago. A couple of weeks before, I installed the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back. Can't really comment on the sound difference from soundtube delete because the Flowmaster made a huge difference in sound by itself. I do feel like the car pulled stronger in 3rd getting on the highway just from those mods.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:53 AM   #58
sadboyleo

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT
I doubt you'll see any power gains without a tune. Maybe better throttle response and tad bit of torque on the higher end.
sadboyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 05:28 PM   #59
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I just did this Airaid tube today, so I figured I'd bump this back up. Long story short, everything went fine, except I had to switch the rubber couplers to make it fit. In other words the one that was supposed to go on the throttle body had to go on the air box and vice versa. It would not fit otherwise due to the longer length of the one coupler. So as far as fitment goes it's not the greatest. Other than that all else went fine. I notice a slight difference in sound, since it deletes the sound tube, but hear my exhaust maybe just as tad more. And being that I have the Flowmaster axle back, the lack of sound from the sound tube delete was not a big difference at all. Don't really feel any difference, but I can't imagine feeling 5 hp anyways. All in all I'm happy with it so far, and for the money I think it's worth it. I mean a axle back, K&N filter, and Airaid tube might be good for 15 hp or so. So now I can say my car has an even 350 hp instead of 335 hp lol
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote