Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #43
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
^^^ actually no it doesn't this thread was going very well until you two came in and couldn't keep your mouths shut and started being ignorant . What are you guys going to do in your SS when a v6 Porsche and gtr roll up. See what I did there. There is always something faster out there regardless of engine size. I have a 4,6,8 and they are all quick and fast. Two of which are faster than a lot of vehicles today. Now back to the op nice read liked it and good for you to sticking to your first love of he car and not getting rid of it
There are plenty of 6 cylinder powered cars that are faster than 8 cylinder cars.

Persoanlly i have never REALLY loved the way a GTR sounds or any Porsche for that matter. Even though i would probably buy a GTR. sounds good, but great to me.

We are talking about sound right?
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #44
jlrtexas

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
When buying anything you should always get what satisfies you and only you. Rather it be a v6 or v8 Camaro. Op do you and everybody can do themselves. Great post!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #45
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
love this thread lots of laughs.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #46
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullDuggery View Post
Whats not to love?
The front plate. Lol!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 04-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #47
SkullDuggery

Drives: 2011 Black LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
The front plate. Lol!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
ouch
so true, hate the dealer already installed it before I came along.
Not a great pic either, crappy cell phone pic and the sun was glaring, that don't happen often in NE Ohio
SkullDuggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #48
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
^^^ actually no it doesn't this thread was going very well until you two came in and couldn't keep your mouths shut and started being ignorant . What are you guys going to do in your SS when a v6 Porsche and gtr roll up. See what I did there. There is always something faster out there regardless of engine size. I have a 4,6,8 and they are all quick and fast. Two of which are faster than a lot of vehicles today. Now back to the op nice read liked it and good for you to sticking to your first love of he car and not getting rid of it
Porches all sound like a toolbox - straight 6 btw, and gtr's hardly sound like anything at all. Would have been nice if they included some turbo acoustics. Respectable performance, but lackluster in everything else.
Sounds like someone regrets not having the purr of an 8cyl. It ain't about speed, but how much you enjoy the entire experience.
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #49
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Be careful, once the V8 bug bites, there's only one cure

There HP difference between the V6 and SS might not be huge, although it's still considerable. The TQ is where it's at, and the SS has it in spades. You open the door on an SS, and TQ just pours out The other big improvement is sound.

The V6 is still a great car, just in a different way.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #50
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
sometimes I actually prefer the V6, I can actually drive it in the winter and wont get stranded if is snows. How often do you really use that extra 100 horses anyway? v6 Sound is great on a stock exhaust, at least from the inside, plus the savings on gas & insurance. for normal driving I think the v6 drives better.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #51
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRain View Post
Porches all sound like a toolbox - straight 6 btw, and gtr's hardly sound like anything at all. Would have been nice if they included some turbo acoustics. Respectable performance, but lackluster in everything else.
Sounds like someone regrets not having the purr of an 8cyl. It ain't about speed, but how much you enjoy the entire experience.
Not only are you ignorant your illiterate. If you could read you would have seen that I said I have a 4,6, and 8 cylinder vehicles. Which the 8 is cammed and supercharged. So I'm pretty sure I have more than a purr there chief and well covered in speed. All I'm stating is there are great sounding 6's and the v8 isn't the end all e all on sound even though I love the roar of my LS engine

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #52
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
There are plenty of 6 cylinder powered cars that are faster than 8 cylinder cars.

Persoanlly i have never REALLY loved the way a GTR sounds or any Porsche for that matter. Even though i would probably buy a GTR. sounds good, but great to me.

We are talking about sound right?
I have no clue anymore it sounded like the dude was talking about power, but regardless a lot of 6 cars sound good in person along with 8,10,12 ect....

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #53
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
I just traded up today and my analogy would be the SS is a 71 350 4 barrel muscle car with tons of power while the my RS V6 would compare to a 73 350 2 barrel when the motors lost power due to the Energy Crisis and government EPA mandates. Night and day. My car is too new to really hammer but I passed a geezer on a rural road and the car jumped to life where the 6 would go faster but a lot less punch. Both my cars are automatics.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #54
markas214

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Props to OP to keep the v6. I wish I was like you, Id be rich!!!
Amen to that brother!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:48 AM   #55
markas214

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
I think there is one question to answer.

Is 130 horsepower worth 8 thousand dollars extra?

To me it's not, to someone else it might be. There is no wrong answer.
That's relative. I'd rather drive a '68 VW Beatle than ride a bike everywhere.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #56
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Firstly, I don't know what drives other people to buy the type of car they buy. But you want to end up with a car that 1) you can afford without starving the kids and skipping house payments, and 2) one that you are happy with. Someone said it was the entire ownership experience. To which I agree.

I have driven V6 Camaros and have an SS. There IS a difference. Although I do like both. I guess I'm a Camaro fan first, engine choice 2nd. I've owned V8s my entire driving life, and to me, that's what I know I needed, so that's what I chose. The OP basically was asking himself if he felt the difference in price was worth it to him to trade. He was curious. Who wouldn't be? To him he landed on the car he has is satisfying enough. That's good enough for me.

But there was also a tone of liking the SS in the first post. Terms of "me want" and "awesome" are words you don't use if you don't think it's worthy of a purchase. I think one question needs asking SkullDuggery though...If you had the $$$ in your pocket to make that trade that day, would you have?

I'm glad that you didn't let impulse rule the day and take time to think about it. Either way, you were going to be driving a Camaro! And that's cool.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote