Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-13-2016, 06:21 AM   #29
monkeychops

Drives: 2016 V6 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276209 View Post
Just took delivery Saturday of a "new" 2016 Garnet red tintcoat 2LT/RS. I traded in a 2014 ZL1.
monkeychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #30
pockysama

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro 2SS
Those V6s put plenty of power down. Enough muscle to get the job done and they sound good. Congrats on the massive upgrade!

E.T.

- Free the horses and let them eagles fly! 'Murica!

pockysama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #31
byebye

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT
Congrats and welcome to the club!
Old 12-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #32
STR8ATL

Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M SPORT
This seems to be a trend its just something about these new Camaros. I'll be switching soon too. Any noticeable difference? Likes/dislikes? Im probably going to go for the 2ss but what do you think so far?
STR8ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:17 PM   #33
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Congrats. Former 335i convertible owner here. Nice car but we became worried about maintenance costs. I think that the V6 Camaro is a great car. It will be fun and give you plenty of grins.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:14 PM   #34
'Merica

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8ATL View Post
This seems to be a trend its just something about these new Camaros. I'll be switching soon too. Any noticeable difference? Likes/dislikes? Im probably going to go for the 2ss but what do you think so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
Congrats. Former 335i convertible owner here. Nice car but we became worried about maintenance costs. I think that the V6 Camaro is a great car. It will be fun and give you plenty of grins.
Agreed, I actually had a 335is before the M3 and had constant problems with the charge pipe and turbos. I am still super happy with my decision. The V6 is a great platform, and I am going to stick with my opinion that I believe the SS isn't completely necessary if you're not going to the track. However, the same thing could have been said for me having the M3 haha; so I definitely get wanting the SS and at the end of the day it just comes down to what you really want. I find that a lot of the hate and criticism about the V6 comes from people who either A) lack the knowledge about the Gen 6's, or B) Are haters and don't even have a sports car

The only noticeable difference so far are a few more rattles than the BMW. For instance, I have the Bose system in the Camaro, and if I crank it up the doors will rattle and vibrate noticeably. Whereas, the BMW never had an issue like that. That being said however, I still feel that the Camaro is a lot sportier inside and feels more updated than the E92 (the new F30s are a little more comparable). However let's not forget, the Camaro is at least half the price of any comparable BMW.
'Merica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:33 PM   #35
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
not necessary? bah!!

Well - OK, but it's available, so we take the power!! Never enough power!!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:35 PM   #36
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Merica View Post
Agreed, I actually had a 335is before the M3 and had constant problems with the charge pipe and turbos. I am still super happy with my decision. The V6 is a great platform, and I am going to stick with my opinion that I believe the SS isn't completely necessary if you're not going to the track. However, the same thing could have been said for me having the M3 haha; so I definitely get wanting the SS and at the end of the day it just comes down to what you really want. I find that a lot of the hate and criticism about the V6 comes from people who either A) lack the knowledge about the Gen 6's, or B) Are haters and don't even have a sports car

The only noticeable difference so far are a few more rattles than the BMW. For instance, I have the Bose system in the Camaro, and if I crank it up the doors will rattle and vibrate noticeably. Whereas, the BMW never had an issue like that. That being said however, I still feel that the Camaro is a lot sportier inside and feels more updated than the E92 (the new F30s are a little more comparable). However let's not forget, the Camaro is at least half the price of any comparable BMW.
ya - I am getting a rattle from my door speaker in my Colorado too. Also BOSE. Wasn't sure if maybe a speaker was even blown. Not sure if I will take it to the dealer or open things up and have a look. I'm guessing a little bit of dynamat would go a long way
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:13 PM   #37
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
The only noticeable difference so far are a few more rattles than the BMW. For instance, I have the Bose system in the Camaro, and if I crank it up the doors will rattle and vibrate noticeably.
The rattle comes from the 2 loose fitting, plastic plugs on the underside of each door. Check out the last couple pages of this thread. It's an easy fix.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=444373&page=4
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:14 PM   #38
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8ATL View Post
I can only speak to the difference between the 335i and the SS. The LT1 is just an amazing mill (NO disrespect to the other engines, I just picked the LT1). Even with the twin turbos, you waited for them to deliver the power. With the LT1, it is always there (big V8 torque is addictive). The magnetic ride control is just an amazing piece of technology, too.

I will just add that I grew tired of the BMW steering wheel is an option pricing model. With the Camaro you either choose the 1SS or 2SS and there is your stuff. I have three options on the 2SS. MRC, NPP and Nav. Everything else was just like a good gumbo, it was already in there.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #39
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
I am with you, too. Glad you are happy with your new Camaro. I do not miss my German cars either. They are great but the expense doesn't balance truly with the benefit. Now that I have to be more realistic with money being retired I am Glad Chevy has us covered !!
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #40
'Merica

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemo View Post
The rattle comes from the 2 loose fitting, plastic plugs on the underside of each door. Check out the last couple pages of this thread. It's an easy fix.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...=444373&page=4
Thanks for the link. I will definitely check this out in the morning! The rattle has been driving me crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I can only speak to the difference between the 335i and the SS. The LT1 is just an amazing mill (NO disrespect to the other engines, I just picked the LT1). Even with the twin turbos, you waited for them to deliver the power. With the LT1, it is always there (big V8 torque is addictive). The magnetic ride control is just an amazing piece of technology, too.

I will just add that I grew tired of the BMW steering wheel is an option pricing model. With the Camaro you either choose the 1SS or 2SS and there is your stuff. I have three options on the 2SS. MRC, NPP and Nav. Everything else was just like a good gumbo, it was already in there.
Absolutely. I loved the V8 in the M; its intoxicating. The SS is one hell of a car/powerplant. I would love to check out the MR, but I purposely didn't test drive one so I wasn't tempted to go with the SS haha.

Yep. The German auto manufacturers definitely "nickel and dime you." My favorite was how satellite radio and a backup camera were options in a car that was 50,000+ lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred25 View Post
I am with you, too. Glad you are happy with your new Camaro. I do not miss my German cars either. They are great but the expense doesn't balance truly with the benefit. Now that I have to be more realistic with money being retired I am Glad Chevy has us covered !!
Yes, definitely. I have had quite a few cars already and with this purchase I was trying to find the happy medium between driving something fun while still planning for the future
'Merica is offline   Reply With Quote