Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #15
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Homelink
Dual Zone Climate Control
Blind side advisories
Auto-dimming side view mirrors
Rear backup sensors
Leather
Heated/cooled seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Ambient light
Illuminated Camaro lower door jamb trim
Bose 9 speaker stereo system
2 position memory driver's seat with exit feature

That is a LOT of features you get extra for the 2SS. If you can afford the extra 5k you are getting a lot more than 5k worth of goodies.
Good point on the additional options for the money, especially if someone really wants 75% or more of what is on that list. But not all of those features provide value for everyone that loves the performance and looks of the Gen 6.

If I wasn't going 1LE, I would be paying $5K extra for leather and HUD. Too much to pay for those two things, which would be all I really care about.

Whether I can afford it or not only matters if I want it.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #16
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryMan View Post
It's really what you like and what you can afford.
I was close to buying the 1SS, but I got the 2SS since I really liked the leather seats, the stereo, and the HUD. The blind side alert on the 2SS is also a really nice feature.
Now that I have the 2SS, I am glad I went with it.
Hope this helps you.
Same here. If you plan to keep it a long time I would stretch or save more and get what you really want.

The features I am really appreciating from the 2SS.

- Ventilated leather seats with the SS logos, also the leather seats are much more comfortable than the seats in my Gen5.
- Blind Spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert
- Color HUD with G-Meter is kinda cool
- Bose audio upgrade
- Backup sensors come in handy.
- The interior lighting is pretty cool at night, it makes the cabin feel more special.
- I like the soft touch material on the door sill, where I put my left elbow a lot.
- I am not sure if the 1SS has the frameless rear-view mirror, but that is a nice touch.

One feature I got that has exceeded my expectations is the NAV option. It is much improved over the GEN 5 model. It has fast response times, it also shows the speed limit on the dash for the particular road you are on and it will provide real-time traffic and weather alerts as well. You also get integrated turn by turn in integrated with HUD. Definitely worth the $500.

Not so much...
- I am on the only driver so I don't need the memory seat feature.
- The wireless phone charging thing is a waste.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #17
DeliveryMan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Same here. If you plan to keep it a long time I would stretch or save more and get what you really want.

The features I am really appreciating from the 2SS.

- Ventilated leather seats with the SS logos, also the leather seats are much more comfortable than the seats in my Gen5.
- Blind Spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert
- Color HUD with G-Meter is kinda cool
- Bose audio upgrade
- Backup sensors come in handy.
- The interior lighting is pretty cool at night, it makes the cabin feel more special.
- I like the soft touch material on the door sill, where I put my left elbow a lot.
- I am not sure if the 1SS has the frameless rear-view mirror, but that is a nice touch.

One feature I got that has exceeded my expectations is the NAV option. It is much improved over the GEN 5 model. It has fast response times, it also shows the speed limit on the dash for the particular road you are on and it will provide real-time traffic and weather alerts as well. You also get integrated turn by turn in integrated with HUD. Definitely worth the $500.

Not so much...
- I am on the only driver so I don't need the memory seat feature.
- The wireless phone charging thing is a waste.
Everything you mentioned is what I now love about the 2SS, the SS logo on the seats looks slick.
I also got the NAV and it was worth it.
DeliveryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #18
02fbody35th

Drives: 2018 ZL1
[QUOTE=fastball;9135016]Homelink -can't use my garage is a manual door
Dual Zone Climate Control -useless to me never use it
Blind side advisories -can live without
Auto-dimming side view mirrors -can live without
Rear backup sensors. -are these even needed with a camera
Leather - I would miss this but is it worth 5k?
Heated/cooled seats -don't need unless you have leather
Heated Steering Wheel. - I'm not using the car in the winter
Ambient light -nice but worth the 5k?
Illuminated Camaro lower door jamb trim " "
Bose 9 speaker stereo system -rarely use radio. I want to hear the V8
2 position memory driver's seat with exit feature. -don't need I'm the only driver

These are my responses to the 2ss features. The more I think about it, it seems to make more sense for me to get a 1ss. If I was gonna spend the extra money I think i would rather spend it on a 1le. But that's a whole other story because I would probably never track it so wouldn't need that either lol. Decisions Decisions
02fbody35th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #19
16NPP1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I test drove a 2SS and the Hud was about the only thing i would have liked in my 1SS. The 1SS comes well equipped for being a "Base" model SS. Only option i had to have was Npp anyway. I do not regret the 1SS at all ,until they announced the new 1LE package errr.

I guess if i hadn't bought my 1SS in early feb.... and saw that the 1LE package is coming for what looks like the 1SS only..... I would have prolly spent 2SS money for the upcoming 1LE.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #20
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
We figured if we're gonna spend that much on a car, what's a little more to get EVERYTHING we want. Haven't regretted it for a second. I love the leather, seats, dash, doors, just all of it. Lighting is pretty cool, and the ventilated seats keep that nasty back sweat away. That alone is worth it to me. The HUD is pretty awesome, especially at high speeds, never have to take your eyes off the road.

Do a little haggling, got my 2SS for a smidge under $40k. Give the salesman YOUR terms, what you want and what you'll pay for it. That's what we did and our sales guy bent over backwards to get it for us. No sale = no commission.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #21
Drags1998

Drives: 15 SilveradoLTZ,162SSVert BlazerRS
I Think the OP needs to wait until He's ready to buy, and run ALL of the Numbers with REAL numbers and then make the choice. Asking that Question here is only going to confuse Him, Good Luck with your choice!!!
Drags1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #22
CAMAR0STEVE

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
I couldn't justify the extra $100 a month in payment so I went with a 1ss and had aftermarket leather put in identical to the adrenaline red. I've been nothing but happy. Only thing I miss is the blind/cross traffic and Bose and only because I had it on my impala so I was use to it. 4 months later I've done well in using mirrors and I'd rather hear the exhaust then the radio. Happy as hell with my 1ss. Go with what you can afford
CAMAR0STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #23
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
[QUOTE=02fbody35th;9135167]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Homelink -can't use my garage is a manual door
Dual Zone Climate Control -useless to me never use it
Blind side advisories -can live without -Same Here
Auto-dimming side view mirrors -can live without
Rear backup sensors. -are these even needed with a camera
Leather - I would miss this but is it worth 5k?
Heated/cooled seats -don't need unless you have leather
Heated Steering Wheel. - I'm not using the car in the winter
Ambient light -nice but worth the 5k?
Illuminated Camaro lower door jamb trim " "
2 position memory driver's seat with exit feature. -don't need I'm the only driver

These are my responses to the 2ss features. The more I think about it, it seems to make more sense for me to get a 1ss. If I was gonna spend the extra money I think i would rather spend it on a 1le. But that's a whole other story because I would probably never track it so wouldn't need that either lol. Decisions Decisions
Jeeze, you sure you're not my twin!!?? We're pretty much spot on in terms off needed and not needed LOL

My girlfriend said your stereo is not as loud.. I said all I want to hear is the V8! LOL
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #24
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
$15k down payment? My gosh do I wish I lived in that world! lol

Otherwise the monthly is $900 bucks so....
Old 06-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #25
tcal780

Drives: 16 1SS White M6
As for me, I chose the 1SS.
I don't like leater seats, the disco lighting didn't appeal to me, and I really don't like the round thingys on the 2SS rear bumper for the backup beeper.

The only thing I wish I had from the 2SS is dual climate control.

I spent the extra cash on the MRC, NPP, brakes, and black split 5 spoke rims.
tcal780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:35 PM   #26
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
I still feel like i am not missing any features on my 1ss except for dual climate control which should have been on the 1ss standard imo.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:38 PM   #27
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
My wife and I chose the 1SS. It has all the features we need. The only thing we wanted from the 2SS is the lighting features (as odd as that sounds). Dual climate control in an interior so small was weird to us and we don't like leather seats. HUD is cool, but definitely was not worth the up charge to us. The other features made no difference to us. Each person is different, but all the features the 1SS carries is "loaded" enough for us and we are extremely happy with no regrets at all. Our decision was purely based on what we were happy with and had nothing to do with cost - we could have afforded the 2SS. I would say drive both and make the decision based on what you like. Our wants may not be the same as yours. Good luck with your purchase when the time comes. Either way, you'll love the car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Sorry man but I almost choked on my food lol!!

I thought the lighting feature is one of the "Least wanted options".. but hey, to each of their own!

HUD, Redline interior is probably what I only really want from a 2SS.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:40 PM   #28
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
I ordered the 1SS, and the only features I think I would like to have (if I could order them ala carte), would be the HUD and the upgraded stereo. I don't like leather, don't want disco lighting, memory seats? don't care, lane nannies? don't want to hear beeping when I hit the apex, etc., etc. Most of the stuff the 2SS comes with, I would probably pay to NOT have in my car. Did I mention I HATE leather?

But that is just my opinion. The OP will have other opinions about these options (and others will have their's as well), so this is a very personal decision. Most folks love leather seats, and all the other bells and whistles. I never use any of that stuff after the first day or two, so it will mostly be wasted money for me. But for others, it is money well spent, because they enjoy using those features.

So to the OP, you really have to consider if you would really use and enjoy the various items that come with a 2SS. It is a good deal if you want all that stuff, but if you don't want it, any price is too much to pay.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote