Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #71
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
After watching HellDaFiel vids, I pulled the trigger on the kdlinks as well. Damn good dash cam

I lucked up because this dash cam is currently out of stock on Amazon and it's back-ordered on the official website. I just so happen to watch hell's video and went to Amazon and it was out of stock. Checked back 10 minutes later and someone was selling in like new condition. Basically an open box. So, I hopped on that and got about $15 off since it was "used". Everything was in working ordered, no cosmetic damage of any kind. The videos are beautiful. My wife can't believe how clear it is. She loves it!

Their customer support is great. I emailed them last night around 10PM, on a Saturday about some direct sun contrast issue and received a response about 15 minutes later with an answer not from a bot. If you check it out on Amazon you will notice it has a 5 star rating out of over 200 reviews. That says something. If you're in the market for a dash cam, I highly recommend this one. You can't go wrong.

The program that comes with this cam is great. It syncs all your GPS information on the video with Google maps. Pretty neat to see how long your route was, along with your average and max MPH. May help with speeding tickets . Anywho, I give this dash cam 5 stars so far. I will upload a video of night and day driving once I figure everything out and get it properly adjusted.
Awesome. The good maps thing is cool isn't it? Yeah the reviews on Amazon that made take the leap, and I am glad I did. Can't wait to use it on Pony Wars and Camarofest.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #72
USMCSSGT-RET

Drives: '14 SIM 2LT/RS Vert
Has anyone hardwired a dash cam? I have the G1W-C and bought a hardwire kit with plans to wire it into the interior fuse panel next to the driver's side door. I need to wire it to a switched hot that powers on when the car is on, and off when it's off. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #73
ZeuSS2011

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS / Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post
Has anyone hardwired a dash cam? I have the G1W-C and bought a hardwire kit with plans to wire it into the interior fuse panel next to the driver's side door. I need to wire it to a switched hot that powers on when the car is on, and off when it's off. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Used a Power Magic Pro for mine. Tapped into fuse 18 (power outlet) for the ACC (+) wire and fuse 23 (trunk) for the BATTERY (+) wire.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1428852406555.jpeg
Views: 1012
Size:  98.3 KB
ZeuSS2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #74
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSSGT-RET View Post

Thanks.
I ended up hardwiring mine to the fuse panel by the driver's door. It took about ten minutes and was very easy to do...

I used an add-a-fuse, piggyback fuse holder. (It's been over a month ago, so I am trying to remember) - I think I piggybacked a ten amp fuse, then put a 5amp fuse into the add-a-fuse. There is a small bolt right there at the box that I used for a ground. Ran the wire up the pillar, hid it behind the plastic and under the headliner. The wire drops out at the mirror. Works like a charm. Took ten minutes, tops. If you use an add-a-fuse, it really doesn't matter which fuse you piggyback, as long as it's a keyed circuit. Finding a spot where the add-a-fuse will fit is the only challenge.

My camera is the Papago GoSafe 200. It has a nice mount that clips on the back of the rearview mirror. You really don't even know it's there. It has a drop down screen for setup, adjustment, etc. The quality of the video is excellent. You can watch videos right on the camera, or remove the memory card and watch on a computer. It also has motion detection, so it keeps an eye on things when I am away.

If I had to buy another one, I think I'd look for one with GPS. Mine doesn't have that, so there is no location or speed associated with the footage. The motion detection is nice, but it only records from the front of the car. It's a nice feature, but limited usefulness. The cameras with GPS will associate the videos with Google maps and display your speed too.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #75
USMCSSGT-RET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
I ended up hardwiring mine to the fuse panel by the driver's door. It took about ten minutes and was very easy to do...

I used an add-a-fuse, piggyback fuse holder. (It's been over a month ago, so I am trying to remember) - I think I piggybacked a ten amp fuse, then put a 5amp fuse into the add-a-fuse. There is a small bolt right there at the box that I used for a ground. Ran the wire up the pillar, hid it behind the plastic and under the headliner. The wire drops out at the mirror. Works like a charm. Took ten minutes, tops. If you use an add-a-fuse, it really doesn't matter which fuse you piggyback, as long as it's a keyed circuit. Finding a spot where the add-a-fuse will fit is the only challenge.

My camera is the Papago GoSafe 200. It has a nice mount that clips on the back of the rearview mirror. You really don't even know it's there. It has a drop down screen for setup, adjustment, etc. The quality of the video is excellent. You can watch videos right on the camera, or remove the memory card and watch on a computer. It also has motion detection, so it keeps an eye on things when I am away.

If I had to buy another one, I think I'd look for one with GPS. Mine doesn't have that, so there is no location or speed associated with the footage. The motion detection is nice, but it only records from the front of the car. It's a nice feature, but limited usefulness. The cameras with GPS will associate the videos with Google maps and display your speed too.
Cool, thanks. Do you know which fuse you tapped into specifically? I want to make sure I tap a fuse that's only on when the car is on. I could do some trial and error testing as I fried my voltmeter a while back. But if you know which one you're using, that would help.

Thanks again!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #76
USMCSSGT-RET

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeuSS2011 View Post
Used a Power Magic Pro for mine. Tapped into fuse 18 (power outlet) for the ACC (+) wire and fuse 23 (trunk) for the BATTERY (+) wire.

Attachment 708047
Thanks!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #77
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
I just ordered the DOD LS460W. It has great reviews so this will be a new toy to play with...
Old 04-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #78
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Just ordered one of these last night. It should be here tomorrow. I've read good things about it. I plan to mount it directly in front of the rear view mirror and hard-wire it into the overhead console.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #79
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I hardwired my Falcon 360 by tapping into the cigarette lighter plug... getting under the console was the hardest part. That does a great job for running only while the ignition is on.

Incidentally, I emailed the manufacturer of the Falcon (Incredisonic)... Asked them if I could purchase an additional power cord, so that I can use the dashcam unit in other vehicles (since my original power cord is now permanently installed in my Camaro). I was told that purchasing would not be necessary; they immediately sent me a new cord, no charge, no cost, nothing...

Now THAT is customer service!

(Oh, and I love the camera, too...)
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:34 PM   #80
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Yes, don't remember the name but it has a video output which I have connected to The MyLink in My car. I can view the cam while driving or play back on the mylink. I also have it on a voltage regulator for parking mode.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:15 PM   #81
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Love mine. Has forward facing and rear facing cameras. Most of it fits behind my rear view mirror. Just need to hard wire it.
SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:23 PM   #82
2SSCamaroChris
Making heads turn!

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Friend of mine uses Mobius. They are extremely affordable and the quality is awesome.
https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/

Video:
https://youtu.be/9wqn8ns9ftQ
2SSCamaroChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #83
Blessyouboys13

Drives: 2014 2ls
Having an issue with my G1W cam. It works fine until the SD card is full and then it wont record after that. Shouldn't it record over the saved data automatically? I looked all in the settings and don't see anything for this. My loop recording is on 3 minutes. Not sure if that makes a difference. Anyone able to help me with this?
K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake/SLP Loudmouth 2 axle back/Touren TR60 Series Rims/Elite Catch Can/Vitesse Throttle Controller/Eibach 1" Drop Springs/GM GFX Splitter/Gen5DIY Fog Lights/4 Pack Gauge Cluster
Blessyouboys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #84
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessyouboys13 View Post
Having an issue with my G1W cam. It works fine until the SD card is full and then it wont record after that. Shouldn't it record over the saved data automatically? I looked all in the settings and don't see anything for this. My loop recording is on 3 minutes. Not sure if that makes a difference. Anyone able to help me with this?
It should write over the old recordings with a new one. I don't have the same camera as you do, but mine saves 5 minutes of recording in a file, then creates a new file every five minutes. When the card gets full (about 24 hours I think), it starts recording over the oldest file.