Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #2241
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosher View Post
Hehe Good times!!
Indeed, we'll never pass this way again LOL.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #2242
cubican

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
If the audio in this video is for real I would be a bit worried. THAT car sounds awesome. Kinda scary because this video makes it sound like the mustang is a sleeper.

Anothr video of the interior sound
cubican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #2243
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
"top end advantage?"

The camaro does not have any advantage. If I had to pick something the camaro MAY do better, it would be on the LOW end. But with the better grearing and lighter weight of the mustang, that may not even be true. The "top end" would be a wash AT BEST.
If the Mustang is quicker to 60 by 3 tenths, yet only one tenth ahead in the 1/4 the Camaro is making up ground somewhere and it ain't low.
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #2244
0-60n4.6

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Dont mean to get off subject but 0-60n4.6 , thats one of the most badass mustangs ive seen in a long time i love that red on black look with the boss styling and all, throw a shaker hood on it and i'll be in love haha
Thanks VEGA....i thought about the boss style hood but i went with a supersnake style hood it looks good i love my car but the 4.6 needed some mods for me to be happy with its acceleration hahaha but the look was for me
0-60n4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #2245
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
For the life of me I don't understand how the Challenger doesn't sell better. I have two relatives both of whom are partial to both GM and Mopar, both of whom said that they would rather have the Camaro based on superior handling and superior straight line performance.

My issue with that argument? You could put either of them in a Camaro SS and me in a 2010 Mustang GT or a Challenger RT and I would whip the Hades out of 'em in any venue despite the fact that the Camaro is faster because they can't drive and don't care enough to learn how to.

If you don't care enough about these things to learn how to be good at it then why does it matter if one car is two tenths faster than the other? It's like arguing about who is the better cook when you burn Easy Mac.
The car is superior, but sometimes the driver isn't. If a car has a driver who can't reach its potential, then what's the point of comparing it to another vehicle?
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #2246
snakekiller

Drives: f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrun2000 View Post
Not sure what else you are waiting to see. The specs show that the Mustang is going to out run the Camaro unless something drastic happens to the Camaro. In my opinion it is a little late in the game for GM to be making any kind of big changes to the Camaro for the next year and not have said anything about it yet. And as for the rear end comparison. Sure the Camaro my launch better in stock form, but when you start to throw some real power at it I think a solid axle like the Ford 8" is going to look much better. Those can handle crazy levels of hp where any IRS is going to have trouble keeping half shafts intact at the same level.
i agree all test of the camaro i seen never got 12.9 on the 1/4 mile until later
on when they retest it. the 2011 mustang First test got a impressive 12.8 in the 1/4 mile, which leaves me to believe the mustang is capable of faster times. both car will be even, but in the hans of a good driver the mustang
might come out on top. there 3 moths until 2011 cars get released to the public, the camaro seems its going to stay the same.
snakekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #2247
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super83Z View Post
If the Mustang is quicker to 60 by 3 tenths, yet only one tenth ahead in the 1/4 the Camaro is making up ground somewhere and it ain't low.
different cars on different days on different tracks.
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #2248
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
Ill give the mustang credit for not looking to bad , but when youre up against a car that wasnt drove to its potiential its going to look good. I dont blame anyone for being skeptial on the 12.5 or 12.6 passes especially if you havent seen one even close to that at the track. That vid proves absolutly NOTHING!
You need to take my car for a couple passes at the C5 Fest because I am obviously not as good at drag racing as you are!!

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #2249
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
The car is superior, but sometimes the driver isn't. If a car has a driver who can't reach its potential, then what's the point of comparing it to another vehicle?
My point exactly.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #2250
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
The Challenger doesn't sell better because the Camaro and mustang were always more popular. The Firebird was more popular. MOPAR was always third. My dad told me he knew guys in the 60's that had Fords, and he knew guys with Chevy's, but he really didn't know anyone with Chrysler's and Dodge's. It doesn't help that to get the same HP as the Camaro SS you have to pay 10K more for the Challenger.
As far as people HERE still being partial to the Camaro. This is called Camaro5. I didn't expect when the Camaro came back with more power for mustang fans to all run out and buy Camaro's either. I give ford credit for finally doing something with the mustang after neglecting it for decades. So it's a couple ticks faster than the Camaro and it handles good. The Camaro has pluses too. It has IRS, rides very refined, and it is better looking. My allegiance to the Camaro started when i was a kid. The 2nd and 3rd gen Camaro's were great looking. Go look at the mustang from the 70s- the 80s. Even in the 90s it was okay looking ,but hardly a classic.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #2251
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Now you sound like a Challenger owner. We've been saying that ever since the Camaro came out, and Camaro owners just bashed that left, right and center.

"Looks dont mean a thing if you cant win" was heard often. "Good looking car, but not as fast as the competition" was another.

Funny how life makes a person humble, eh?
everyone has their brand and most will stick to it no matter what. others will give credit where credit is due.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 PM   #2252
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
No, there's a difference. The SRT8 cost $6-10k more and was slightly slower/equal with the SS. The R/T is a bit further behind than that. The GT and SS are roughly equal in price and the GT is a tenth or two ahead last years Camaro.
same excuse always.

either way im so glad i got to live the muscle car wars all over again, i honeslty grew up thinking im gonna buy a classic muscle car because the wars will never come back in full force. and now it is.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #2253
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Now you sound like a Challenger owner. We've been saying that ever since the Camaro came out, and Camaro owners just bashed that left, right and center.

"Looks dont mean a thing if you cant win" was heard often. "Good looking car, but not as fast as the competition" was another.

Funny how life makes a person humble, eh?
I am not a fanboy of any company, I had a mustang before this Camaro. It is true though, the average person is going to look at the camaro over the mustang. And I do not race so I really could care less how much faster the competition is. I am not a fan of the challenger at all, no offense. I would take a 370z over the GT or the SRT8.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #2254
06x6spdGTO

Drives: 06 S/C GTO, 01 H/C/I Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrun2000 View Post
Not sure what else you are waiting to see. The specs show that the Mustang is going to out run the Camaro unless something drastic happens to the Camaro. In my opinion it is a little late in the game for GM to be making any kind of big changes to the Camaro for the next year and not have said anything about it yet. And as for the rear end comparison. Sure the Camaro my launch better in stock form, but when you start to throw some real power at it I think a solid axle like the Ford 8" is going to look much better. Those can handle crazy levels of hp where any IRS is going to have trouble keeping half shafts intact at the same level.
Something drastic happen to the Camaro!?!? all they'd have to do is up the compression to the 10.9:1 mark and a little bit of Intake work. Hell put some headers on your Camaro the 2011 GT has them already, lets not forget upgrading to some 3.73's. Then lets race!!
06 GTO - Maggie 112H (Stock Pullies), LPE CAI, SLP LMII Catback, suspension and Drivetrain STuff, Monster Stg 3 clutch, ETMC Stg II Cam, 60lb inj, IW 8" Lower, PRC .650 Springs, Trickflow Pushrods, Kooks 1 7/8 LTs, AIS WasherFluid inj, 530whp/537wtq SAE. Self Tuned via HPTpro
01 Z06 - Forged 347ci LS6 - H/C/I 460RWHP / 418 RWTQ (Self TUNED via HPTpro)
06x6spdGTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video