Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #15
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
99% of the people who buy v6 Camaros won't be modding the engine. Plus it's GM's global V6 engine.
wrong, modded mine. I am getting a IPS Twin turbo setup, that will give any modded v8 muscle a run for its money (that is unless they are ridiculously modded with forced induction). I like to think of it as a modern muscle car using more efficiency and getting more mpgs. Also adding 11hp by adding an ingenious design to the LLT is a bad thing?
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #16
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
wrong, modded mine. I am getting a IPS Twin turbo setup, that will give any modded v8 muscle a run for its money (that is unless they are ridiculously modded with forced induction). I like to think of it as a modern muscle car using more efficiency and getting more mpgs. Also adding 11hp by adding an ingenious design to the LLT is a bad thing?
you're the 1%. eventually you'll give up and move to a V8. cut your losses now and move up. my bike runs stock low 10's... Camaros are slow. My 929CBR was $8k out the door... probably a drop in the bucket for all your mods that you'll never get your money back. but hey... it's your $$$$
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #17
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Quote:
you're the 1%. eventually you'll give up and move to a V8. cut your losses now and move up. my bike runs stock low 10's... Camaros are slow. My 929CBR was $8k out the door... probably a drop in the bucket for all your mods that you'll never get your money back. but hey... it's your $$$$
And I'll use it how I want to :P Not a waste to me at all. I think bikes are a waste of money but to each his own, and don't compare bikes to cars. Car=whole different experience from bike. It is not all about speed. It's All about the fun that can be had. For some people bikes don't thrill them.
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #18
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
(Not that it applies to SS guys) But us V6 guys really got screwed when they rolled out the LFX engine and decided to integrate the exhaust manifold. Not having long tube headers is awful.

You certainly didn't see Ford taking away long tubes for the Mustang V6...
I think...in the case of a corporate V6 engine (which is what it is)...lower weight, increased power, and fuel economy won vs the "can the customer replace the manifolds" argument.

For what it's worth - the Camaro team listens to it's customers (and enthusiasts) more than many other car lines put together. You might be familiar with the disciples...or the company's presence at the Camaro5 Fest and many other shows.

They're constantly listening...as I'm sure they've read this thread already.

But they're not about to let the customers design or engineer the car. Because we have no idea what we're talking about in the big picture, and that results in an Aztek.

Also...careful what you ask for...Ford may still have manifolds on their V6, but that doesn't, inherently make it better. The two companies take wildly different approaches to the same problems. It's really very interesting.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
But they're not about to let the customers design or engineer the car.
You mean the 6th Gen won't have a microwave and mini fridge as an option for the passenger seat?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #20
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Randy you know Camaro rules say no eating in the Camaro
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
lol
Old 03-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #22
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Just sayin, but only those in a constang pursuit of endless power would feel the need to move up from a properly done TT LFX to a V8. I know everyone says you can't ever have enough power, but in reality you need to hit a point somewhere...otherwise you'd better have deep pockets. I've seen a TT LFX outrun a cammed V8, so if you really want to move up, that means your looking at an FI V8.

Not sure how you can compare a bike to a car. Not really fair don't you think?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #23
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
99% of the people who buy v6 Camaros won't be modding the engine. Plus it's GM's global V6 engine.
Let's be honest here...99% of the people that buy Camaros won't modify the engine regardless of how many cylinders hit has.

Quote:
Your bike has a V8? WOW, I'd like to see it. J/K!
Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #24
GretchenGotGrowl

I was originally a little skeptical of the integrated exhaust manifolds, but now I think it is six of one/half dozen of another. It lowers weight and reduces manufacturing cost. You will probably never make the LFX sound as aggressive as an LLT with tuned headers, but you can get as much gain with a down pipe and high-flow cats on the LFX as headers and high-flow cats on a LLT. Given you start out with 11 hp more, that seems to be a plus if your goal is more power. If your goal is the most aggressive sounding V6 then yeah, it is a negative.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #25
Auto Motive

Drives: 1995 Corvette Coupe Artic White
Never buy a V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
(Not that it applies to SS guys) But us V6 guys really got screwed when they rolled out the LFX engine and decided to integrate the exhaust manifold. Not having long tube headers is awful.

You certainly didn't see Ford taking away long tubes for the Mustang V6...
I am not knocking any guys that own a V6 but....as a senior who has been into cars for 50 years I tell every young person the only way to fly is the V8. If you don't have enough money to buy a new one, find a low mileage used one or save enough to get the V8.

Every car I ever bought was a V8 and yes I saved an extra couple years to get one. Sacrifice is a word young people need to get used to. Two jobs was a no brainer during my younger years raising a family and both me and my wife working those long hours.

When my daughter was looking for a modern muscle car it was between the Camaro SS, Mustang GT and Challenger 392. She test drove all three cars and decided on finding a Challenger online. Eventually after a year a leftover 2012 in the color combo she wanted was discounted $10k from Landmark Dodge in Morrow GA 700 miles away.

Last April 2013 the car was delivered. She saved and saved and yes saved and got the car of her dreams with a V8. Blue with silver stripes and its a true touring car.

So now you have the V6 and want some more performance. Get another job and pay the car off. Save for a V8. Sacrifice and waiting are two very important attributes in getting the car you really want not the one you settle on.
Auto Motive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #26
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Motive View Post
I am not knocking any guys that own a V6 but....as a senior who has been into cars for 50 years I tell every young person the only way to fly is the V8. If you don't have enough money to buy a new one, find a low mileage used one or save enough to get the V8.

Every car I ever bought was a V8 and yes I saved an extra couple years to get one. Sacrifice is a word young people need to get used to. Two jobs was a no brainer during my younger years raising a family and both me and my wife working those long hours.

When my daughter was looking for a modern muscle car it was between the Camaro SS, Mustang GT and Challenger 392. She test drove all three cars and decided on finding a Challenger online. Eventually after a year a leftover 2012 in the color combo she wanted was discounted $10k from Landmark Dodge in Morrow GA 700 miles away.

Last April 2013 the car was delivered. She saved and saved and yes saved and got the car of her dreams with a V8. Blue with silver stripes and its a true touring car.

So now you have the V6 and want some more performance. Get another job and pay the car off. Save for a V8. Sacrifice and waiting are two very important attributes in getting the car you really want not the one you settle on.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #27
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Motive View Post

I've been saving for my first car since I can remember. All the birthday money I ever got I always told my dad I'm going to buy a "cool" car when I was 16. Well, 16 came and I got a pretty decent car all things considered, but I knew I wanted better. So I saved ALL my money over the next year and a half from an awesome restaurant job I had and I bought a 2LT/RS camaro when I was 17 years old. My parents paid for the extended warranty as a graduation gift.

I by no means settled, there was actually a 1SS that they would have sold to me for less, but I prefer the 2 over the 1. Yes I would like a 2SS but that'll be down the road. If I always waited and saved up for the car I wanted I would never buy a car. When I had enough for a SS why not save more and buy a ZL1? When I get to that point whey should I waste the money on a ZL1 when I could get a SRT Jeep? When I get to jeep money, now I want a Porsche 911.....
Old 03-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #28
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
lol
with that avatar, you've lost all credibility points for creativity though

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote