Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #15
Chrisco22

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
I do and i don't wish there was a video lol. Its not like i freaked out in the cockpit was just not thinking and the nerves got the best of me. Yeah the stang belonged to a kid who works at the track.. Like big into racing obviously. He had CAI, suspension mods (he stressed that, but didn't tell me exactly), tune, throttle body work i believe, catback and perhaps long tubes but i spoke to ALOT of people so i may be confusing cars at this point. All the but headers I'm sure of. He said he had a best of 12.91 in it.. Pretty damn impressive.

2011 Camaro LS: [Rally Yellow] [22" Status Rims] [BBK Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats] [Trifecta Tune] [K&N CAI] [Blacked out Bow Ties and Tail Lights] [15% Tint] [MAC Mufflers] [Rear Cat Delete] [Vmax Black Ice]
Chrisco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:18 AM   #16
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Well if he's got some decent power gains over stock with suspension upgrades and maybe some slicks I could believe that. On a side note I saw my first 2015 mustang today. Gotta say I was underwhelmed.

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #17
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Happen to me - thinking I'm not going anywhere but my mph are going up...
Oh! Let up off the gas! smoke show in my rear view- did a 16.xx.
Slightly embarrassed but I knew what I did wrong. Excitement and nervous will get you sometimes.
Old 11-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #18
williamp78

Drives: 2011 2ss blk/wht strp
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak55 View Post
Jesus, where I'm from I remember when a 14 second flat car was realtively speaking; fast. You had to have serious money to get into the 12's or better and that was the fastest car around then. Those are common for a first timer. You did well. Practice and learn.

Save your money. You're gonna need it.
Ya right! Damn technology. First time I broke 11's yrs ago when I was a teen I thought i was the sht. Now i put a cam and headers in this camaro and have 11's. Rediculous...
williamp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #19
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisco22 View Post
I do and i don't wish there was a video lol. Its not like i freaked out in the cockpit was just not thinking and the nerves got the best of me. Yeah the stang belonged to a kid who works at the track.. Like big into racing obviously. He had CAI, suspension mods (he stressed that, but didn't tell me exactly), tune, throttle body work i believe, catback and perhaps long tubes but i spoke to ALOT of people so i may be confusing cars at this point. All the but headers I'm sure of. He said he had a best of 12.91 in it.. Pretty damn impressive.
Nerves are something EVERYONE has their first time out. Watch how many other guys with stock tires roll through the water, fail to do a proper burnout, and fail to stage "in the groove".
You're not alone, so HAVE FUN!