2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Can't we all just get along?

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #30
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Who cares what people say about your car. If you think that your SS could beat him, then don't even waste your time.

But just so you know, not all imports are slow..
Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #31
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
I guess your unaware your car is imported?? And why judge a car based on its owner?? A sti isn't a slow car. Don't talk down on him until you race him and win. Anybody can compare a race on paper but until you doit for real you don't have a leg to stand on.
a car made in other countries then shipped to north america is considered an import...cars built in the us by americans for americans are not imports,yes the camaro is made here in canada so it is an import im not sure why gm doesnt spread the production around to all the north american plants.....but ill change the..camaro is an import to...the camaro is north american made in canada ..just sounds better
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #32
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion12ss View Post
It's a 2003 sti.
No it's not unless it is right-hand drive.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #33
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
What 4cyl import owners feel, is a sense of integrated product when they drive their lighter vehicles; forgetting that it take TQ to accelerate quickly... fast is a product of post acceleration.

TQ is relevant to acceleration from a stand still.
HP is relevant to corner and straight away speed acceleration

What most domestic v8 owners forget is the weight difference, while we toast these little 4cyl from light to light, things lighter catch us in the corners.

A road track is the real testament to any car- all things being stock of course between the contenders.

I like both cars for what they are, and a competent driver can really make each one work in their element.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #34
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Several weeks ago I watched a newer model wrx run a 12.59. I'm sure it couldn't have been stock, but it was impressive just the same.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #35
Cruuzin LV

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
I had a 2008 WRX with intake, catless downpipe, exhaust, lightened pulley, short shifter, wider tires, and an E85 tune and I could pull on stock STI's with no problem. The WRX was for sure faster than my stock SS from 0-60. It even kept up with my buddies 6.0L GTO from 0-60 which has intake/intake manifold, mildcam, full suspension, headers/exhaust/tune. However after 60mph when AWD and TQ drop off due to the turbo running out of breath the car is now working with a much lower HP than the Camaro and they would walk me all day long from 60+
So if you are going a short distance like 1/8 of a mile it may get you 1/4mile you will take him unless he has a massive turbo swap. Those cars can make 400+ HP with a decent turbo/ fuel pump and tune.
Cruuzin LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #36
Cruuzin LV

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
What 4cyl import owners feel, is a sense of integrated product when they drive their lighter vehicles; forgetting that it take TQ to accelerate quickly... fast is a product of post acceleration.

TQ is relevant to acceleration from a stand still.
HP is relevant to corner and straight away speed acceleration

What most domestic v8 owners forget is the weight difference, while we toast these little 4cyl from light to light, things lighter catch us in the corners.

A road track is the real testament to any car- all things being stock of course between the contenders.

I like both cars for what they are, and a competent driver can really make each one work in their element.

By the way just a tune on a WRX or STI massivly increases their TQ numbers. My 2008 WRX went from 200TQ to 360TQ with just a tune to go from stock boost 13psi to 19psi and leaning out the car a little. On E85 I was putting down over 400TQ to the wheels. However the short comming was the HP and top end not the bottom end. HP maxed out around 280hp on the stock turbo.
Cruuzin LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #37
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
OP - all you have to do to "win" the argument is to ask him the stock 0-60 of his car, and then tell him yours - or Google it on your phone. I had these kind of stupid arguments as a kid because there was no internet, now with the entirety of the world's knowledge accessible from your pocket, your inability to win an argument on fact speaks of your level.

Brettzel: you were name-calling. You applied a label on him: "ignorant". You can say that "statements" or "ideas" are "ignorant", but calling someone "ignorant" is to say that his entirety is "ignorant" (not just a statement or idea), and is therefore name-calling and gross generalization.

"I have a device in my pocket that can access the entirety of knowledge known to man.
I use it to look at pictures of cars and have arguments with strangers."
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #38
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Lol. What an ignorant person you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
I am not attacking you personally, or calling you names. I am sorry you see things that way, and feel it necessary to react like you have.
Pretty much everywhere I've been, if you call someone ignorant, you're insulting them.

So, yes, you are attacking him personally based on limited information.

But to the OP:

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #39
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuzin LV View Post
By the way just a tune on a WRX or STI massivly increases their TQ numbers. My 2008 WRX went from 200TQ to 360TQ with just a tune to go from stock boost 13psi to 19psi and leaning out the car a little. On E85 I was putting down over 400TQ to the wheels. However the short comming was the HP and top end not the bottom end. HP maxed out around 280hp on the stock turbo.
Yes, like boost too,

I had the NA model in mind as I wrote