#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-29-2024, 03:25 PM   #29
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryZL1 View Post
Dot3 absorbs less moisture so I’m guessing no on dot4 from the factory. GM does not want to be like Ferrari were they demand a $10,000 service every year. Besides probably listed on the fill cap.
Understood about the DOT3 absorbing less water. That's easy knowledge to find anywhere on the internet.

I looked it up but it seems that maybe around 2021 GM started putting DOT4 in the ZL1. They also have put it in the C8 so....I highly doubt they are going to charge $10k for a brake fluid servicing. Probably a couple hundred $$$ but I don't think the factory DOT4 is anywhere as good as RBF600 or Castrol SRF.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 04:11 PM   #30
swisstyphoon
Former GM Technician

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10, 06 Silverado Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
Mmmm. I'll try the 660 out first. Castrol SRF here in Canada is rediculously priced. $170 for 1 litre. I got a deal on the 660 at $50 a litre. The track I frequent is somewhat low speed. The fastest point b4 breaking is around 120kmh. I'll give the Motul a shot first. The OEM dot3 didnt give up until the 6th session. I'm reasoning this was because I only had 10 minutes cool down, as opposed to 40.

Keep the discussion going... I'm learnig lots. I hope others are too?
I run the ATE Typ 200 in mine.
Best of both worlds, good boiling points, but also long changing intervals. Check it out:
https://www.amazon.ca/ATE-706202-Ori.../dp/B003VXRPL0

Ate Typ 200 Performance Brake Fluid is a popular choice for many driving and track enthusiasts because of its wet and dry boiling points being higher than stock brake fluid. Ate is the OE supplier to BMW for most of the brake systems and components on your car. This is just like an OEM brake fluid but better. Ate Type 200 has boiling points that exceed DOT5 specs, making this one of the best brake fluids around for street and track use. As with any brake fluid, its quality is only as good as its freshness. That's why it's important to change your brake fluid often, especially with regular track use.
Rotofab Big Gulp, Nick Williams 103, Magnuson 2650, 9.17" (14%) lower, 90mm upper, Vengeance Racing Heads (LME) Cam Package (Cammotion Stage 1), Johnson Lifters, JMS Voltage Booster, Lingenfelter high flow check valve, BBK shorty headers, Custom 2.75" down pipes, Gesi Gen2 high flow cats, MM catch can 791whp, 772ft-lbs SAE
Just added 30% XDI Injectors, LPE big bore hpfp, Flex fuel.
Elite tuning, results coming soon.

2006 Silverado Duramax Diesel
MPI Compound Turbo
40% over Injectors
Efi Live DSP5 Tuning

Follow me on Instagram: Swisstyphoon1980
swisstyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote