Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #57
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Trust me,.. the Stang has been stale for quite awhile now.

Painfully stale imho.

(coming from a former Ford guy)
the 05-09 cars became instant stale sandwiches the minute the 10+ cars came out, and those became somewhat stale once the 13-14 came out IMO.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #58
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
anyone feel the same? I mean I love camaros but I just upgraded to my SS and in 2 years there's a whole new model...idk thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I have to ask, does anyone here find the 69 Camaro or the 70 1/2 split bumper stale?

To say the 5th gen is getting stale is ridiculous!! These cars are the best looking Camaros since the 69 and 70 1/2 IMO.

The only ones that will be stale are the ones not being taken care of..

I'm not saying the 5th gen doesn't need to end, because it does, it is time, and I'm sure they have something that will be Kick Ass!! No way will they let the 6th gen be a flop, not with the crew they have working for them..

We are talking about a crew that just gave us:
LS's
LT's with and without RS
SS's with and without RS
1LE
ZL1
COPO
Z/28

With all that hard work do any of you think they will let that flame die out at this point? Especially with the Alpha? No way in hell. They know exactly what they are doing and I'm sure have been working on it for a couple years now..
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Just because they had success with the previous model doesn't mean it'll be the same. Only one would hope so. Time will tell...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #59
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
I have to ask, does anyone here find the 69 Camaro or the 70 1/2 split bumper stale?

To say the 5th gen is getting stale is ridiculous!! These cars are the best looking Camaros since the 69 and 70 1/2 IMO.

that's different, that's from a time when cars changed every year almost. That is why certain years stand out, your example the 69 Camaro. Another one I can think of is the 70 Chevelle. Those are 2 cars IMO that hit the peak of their design and you know what they both changed the next year. the 5th gen has been on sale since 2009, and exterior wise only got very minor changes, and to me at least since I have been bombarded with the 5th gen in transformers movies, auto magazines etc since the concept debuted I have been looking at (almost) the same car since 2006! that to me is stale. that doesn't mean it doesn't look good anymore, it just means I am a little tired of seeing that design everyday and I am excited to see whats next
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:26 PM   #60
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm sure it will be changed enough to recognize it as a different generation.

But will it be an all new revolutinary design? Who knows. Not me. The magazines don't seem to think so, but I don't trust much of what I read about design at this point.

I would like to see the current design evolve like the C6 to C7. They look similar but you can clearly see the evolution of the design.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #61
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

C6.
Nice, but here in Camaro land, the current car is a C5, and the upcoming generation is C6.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #62
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Nice, but here in Camaro land, the current car is a C5, and the upcoming generation is C6.
Actually here in Camaro land, the current car is a 5th generation Camaro (5th gen), and the upcoming generation is a 6th generation Camaro (6th gen).

C5 and C6 are Corvettes.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #63
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Traded 2012 1LS
Driving 2013 2LT/RS -
Like a kid on Christmas eve wating for the day they start accepting orders
2016 1SS/1LE

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #64
lowrider13

Drives: '13 2LT Rag-Top, '12 HD Super Glide
I haven't seen this yet, so I will throw out my ¢2.

First, I am prob in the minority, but I love the big "boat-ish" feel of my Camaro.

I hope GM does not choose a "universal" look for the next gen like Ford has with the Mustang. (Just a butt ugly car that looks similar to Ford Taurus SHO with a longer nose and 2 doors *sigh*)

Everyone says, "Ford is a TRUE American car due to no bail out."

IMHO, making a car that shy's away from American styling to sell more global units is an equal sell-out.

So I hope whatever GM has in store, they do not follow this tragic lead.
lowrider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:54 PM   #65
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider13 View Post

First, I am prob in the minority, but I love the big "boat-ish" feel of my Camaro.

I hope GM does not choose a "universal" look for the next gen like Ford has with the Mustang. (Just a butt ugly car that looks similar to Ford Taurus SHO with a longer nose and 2 doors *sigh*)

IMHO, making a car that shy's away from American styling to sell more global units is an equal sell-out.

All I can do is laugh at anybody who tries to make Ford out to be the "good guy" out of the Big Three. The Fusion is one of their bestselling cars and it's built in Mexico.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #66
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Just because they had success with the previous model doesn't mean it'll be the same. Only one would hope so. Time will tell...
Ok MR NeverSatisfied, it has everything to do with it, I don't need to hope so, and I don't need time to to tell me that it will be another step in the right direction..

It wasn't that long ago that so many around here thought the Z/28 would never happen.

The 6th gen will kill the 5th gen on the road and track!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #67
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider13 View Post

Anything truly american has been dying for years get used to it..

I have a Camaro that says built in Canada, and a Toyota Tacoma that's built in the USA.

I don't believe or focus on all that crap anymore. Built in the USA is nothing more then a marketing tool, nothing more nothing less...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #68
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
As long as they don't do what my wife, who is an avid Mustang lover said about the new Mustang "it looks like a cheap China imitation of a wanna-be Jaguar" I'll be happy, change is good if done with taste and patience. Don't try to make the Camaro something it's not. I won't be in the market as I take delivery of my ZL1 next week so it is the wife's turn on the next car and she said it will be a cold ass day in hell before gets the new Stang. So I am now getting clues that she is going to want to to find and restore a 60's Stang...
Old 05-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #69
lowrider13

Drives: '13 2LT Rag-Top, '12 HD Super Glide
Quote:
Anything truly american has been dying for years get used to it..

I have a Camaro that says built in Canada, and a Toyota Tacoma that's built in the USA.

I don't believe or focus on all that crap anymore. Built in the USA is nothing more then a marketing tool, nothing more nothing less...
I totally hear you on this one! And it scares the heebie jeebies outta me!

But at least give GM points for keeping it's car styling American in appearance.

I feel that GM has kept "some" honor by making their style distinctively American, and not the Euro trends everyone else is doing. Ford with the new Mustang, not so much. And I just hope GM doesn't follow suit...

About the cheap Chinese Jaguar... I am going to bed dying laughing. ha ha ha!
lowrider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #70
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
anyone feel the same? I mean I love camaros but I just upgraded to my SS and in 2 years there's a whole new model...idk thoughts?
If it's too soon for you , go ahead and just wait for the 7G OR 13G
Or even , neh , what ever makes you happy like !!!!
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote