Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-05-2024, 10:17 AM   #71
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKamaro View Post
Bumping this thread as I have a different Camaro from when I first posted this.

Is anyone running spacers over 1" spacers on their 6th gen? If so, I'd like to see pics.

I have 1.5" (38mm) Titans sitting on my bench waiting to be installed once Spring ever really gets here. I got the 1.5" so that I would not have to do any stud trimming (or very minimal). My experience with the twist wheels is not a lot of channeling in the back of the wheel to safely accommodate the original studs.

I would love to see pics of anyone running 1.25" or 1.5" to see the look. Wondering if the fronts will stick out too far. Maybe I will try and be the first to post pics.

I run Titan 1.5" spacers with 18x12 et41 wheels up front, but the studs installed into spacers are generally not quality. Hammer them out and use longer studs. MSI sells Mustang studs that work and their lug nuts are high quality too.

I can't see using spacers out back, doesn't make any sense. The only reason to use them is to run a rotatable square setup.

IMO you're nuts to use spacers with built-in studs. It's a bad idea for a performance car and still questionable for normal street use.