Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Well however you want to add it all up... I know that I could have bought an LS for about 22500 and not been able to get RJT. But for 25600 I was able to get my 1lt RS in RJT, so, 3k more. But all of it was already on the car, I dint have to order, ship, instal, have painted etc. I'm not claiming so much prestige for an RS, but as for raw value, adding all the RS type mods would not resale for as much as a car that had RS on the Regis. Plus, the wheels aren't the only cost involved with the 20s, the Pzeros are about 250 a piece, that's a grand right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak 2010 View Post
In addition to what others have said, 2010 LS's don't come with factory spoilers. A 2010 LT with the RS package does.

The 2012 LS comes withthe factoy Spoiler
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #17
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Get what you can Afford, thats what I did. (2012 1LS) There are so many SS guys who MOD there cars ...I just got my 1LS last Tuesday, already found a set of 20 rims, tires and TPMS for $500 from a guy who upgraded his SS.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
J666

Drives: Camaro
The Camaro looks like junk without the RS package. Get it.
J666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #19
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
One other thing to consider, the RS package cars also have the SS suspension because of the 20" wheels, so that's an additional advantage. I think there are also some light wiring differences.............

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
One other thing to consider, the RS package cars also have the SS suspension because of the 20" wheels, so that's an additional advantage. I think there are also some light wiring differences.............

You sure about the Suspension?? I thought the RS was totally A Apperance Package
Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #21
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by J666 View Post

No Camaro Looks like "JUNK"
Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #22
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izach26 View Post
You sure about the Suspension?? I thought the RS was totally A Apperance Package
+1
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #23
powerslave
Assembly: April 12/12

Drives: A Self-Propelled Mechanical Vehicle
This thread, every day, blah.

"oh it's not a camaro without RS"...."RS adds a whole new engine and suspension". ..."RS adds ditch molding to a convertible"...."you're car is junk without RS"

It's an appearance package 99% of people that were buying a 30 - 60 thousand dollar car could spend 1 more thousand if they wanted to to get it. Why does this come up some much, I don't understand. In my case I didn't want it cause every camaro ive seen has it. Plus I'm not fond of the rims (the main selling point) I'll buy my own and as for the badge, I'd debadge it anyway.

EDIT: yes I'm cranky cause I've been waiting 5 weeks for my car now.

Last edited by powerslave; 04-03-2012 at 11:11 PM.
powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #24
maverickmage

Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite-T View Post
Well however you want to add it all up... I know that I could have bought an LS for about 22500 and not been able to get RJT. But for 25600 I was able to get my 1lt RS in RJT, so, 3k more. But all of it was already on the car, I dint have to order, ship, instal, have painted etc. I'm not claiming so much prestige for an RS, but as for raw value, adding all the RS type mods would not resale for as much as a car that had RS on the Regis. Plus, the wheels aren't the only cost involved with the 20s, the Pzeros are about 250 a piece, that's a grand right there.
Wasn't trying to attack you or anything. It just seemed like what you posted summarized what most people were saying.

I agree with you in that if you want everything that comes along with the RS package as aftermarket install on the LS, it WILL cost more. I was trying to stress more along the idea that if OP wants to add only specific parts, it would be cheaper to go LS.

For example, I went with the LS because while I would have liked the halos and HIDs, the rest of the RS package wasn't worth it for me (did not know about the speed limiter at the time) and I knew I would be able to add halos and HIDs aftermarket for a cheaper price than the cost difference.

Also as others mentioned here, it is mostly just an appearance package. It doesn't really come with performance parts (aside from the z-rated tires and a speed limiter to match) and I figured that if I was going to spend $3k+ it would rather go towards those parts.

The great thing about these types of cars is that it has lots of options that the buyer can make to make it uniquely theirs and I think that is a plus for the OP, whether it be going factory installed or aftermarket.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #25
powerslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmage View Post
did not know about the speed limiter at the time
What's the difference? You plan on going more than 120 mph? Get caught and you won't have a license anymore... Highest speed limits in my area are 65 mph. If you were going 120 + you'd probably get a 5000 fine, a month in jail and your license revoked. Are you thinking for a track... Or what?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #26
maverickmage

Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave View Post
What's the difference? You plan on going more than 120 mph? Get caught and you won't have a license anymore... Highest speed limits in my area are 65 mph. If you were going 120 + you'd probably get a 5000 fine, a month in jail and your license revoked. Are you thinking for a track... Or what?
lol really? It's kinda funny how every time someone talks about the LS speed limiter, someone has to jump in and accuse that person of wanting to street race or drive recklessly on the streets. I can think of several reasons why a person could want one without wanting to drive recklessly.

Here's my reason. I want to properly dyno my car to get the baseline without having to run into the speed limiter (which I will if I do a pull in fourth gear). Can I do it in third? Sure, but I've read on here and how it seems to give erratic results for some folks. I plan on modding my car and it would be nice to see how the results stack up.

If we go by your reasoning of how we shouldn't go over the speed limit, then all cars should be limited to whatever the highest speed limit of their country is. I notice that you list the c5 as your ride. I'm going to assume that you mean the corvette. Would you have been fine if that was limited to 65mph? I doubt it.

I wasn't whining about the speed limiter. Just stating that I did not know about it prior to purchase. It's part of the reason why I mention it whenever I post on the "should I get a RS" thread, so that others can know about it and make their decision accordingly. I can even understand why they did it for the LS.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #27
powerslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmage View Post
lol really? It's kinda funny how every time someone talks about the LS speed limiter, someone has to jump in and accuse that person of wanting to street race or drive recklessly on the streets. I can think of several reasons why a person could want one without wanting to drive recklessly.

Here's my reason. I want to properly dyno my car to get the baseline without having to run into the speed limiter (which I will if I do a pull in fourth gear). Can I do it in third? Sure, but I've read on here and how it seems to give erratic results for some folks. I plan on modding my car and it would be nice to see how the results stack up.

If we go by your reasoning of how we shouldn't go over the speed limit, then all cars should be limited to whatever the highest speed limit of their country is. I notice that you list the c5 as your ride. I'm going to assume that you mean the corvette. Would you have been fine if that was limited to 65mph? I doubt it.

I wasn't whining about the speed limiter. Just stating that I did not know about it prior to purchase. It's part of the reason why I mention it whenever I post on the "should I get a RS" thread, so that others can know about it and make their decision accordingly. I can even understand why they did it for the LS.
No, I am saying I don't want to go more than 120mph, not that I never want to go above the speed limit... there's a vast difference... So I guess the answer is so you can test on a Dyno?

I just put C5 for Camaro 5th gen. Sorry, I didn't make the Corvette connection until you mentioned it cause I have Camaro on the brain. I didn't see much reason to get in to too much detail because my Camaro isn't delivered yet.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #28
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by J666 View Post
Wow, that wasn't nice to say.
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 chevy camaro ls lt rs v6