Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #43
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
exactly... to each their own.
Sure, everyone has the right to customize their cars however they like, and I have a right to laugh at those ugly donk things.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #44
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Sure, everyone has the right to customize their cars however they like, and I have a right to laugh at those ugly donk things.
Why even bother though?

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #45
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Why even bother though?
Because they're redonkulous?
Old 06-07-2019, 12:03 PM   #46
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Why even bother though?
He's bored and has nothing better to do than make fun of someone else. I always say, for some people, it is easier to make fun of others who are doing their thing than it is to go out and do your own thing.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #47
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
He's bored and has nothing better to do than make fun of someone else. I always say, for some people, it is easier to make fun of others who are doing their thing than it is to go out and do your own thing.
Nope, not bored at all. I'm pretty sure I didn't make fun of anyone either. Do I think those Donk cars look ridiculous, yeah I do. Do I laugh when I see one, sometimes. Do I make fun of the person driving it, never.

Now the guy in the Lexus RC who tried to race me earlier this week, yeah I made fun of him.

I am doing my thing(s), fishing, shooting, driving fast in my Camaro.
Old 06-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #48
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So why is one extreme acceptable but not another? In other words, why is it ok to have a 1200 RWHP car driving on the street (an example of an acceptable extreme)...

So how about we stop judging?
IMO it's not acceptable to remove emissions control equipment like catalytic converters and/or change the tune on a car to gain more power if it significantly increases emissions.

I used to not care that much when I was a kid, but these days my perspective is different. I think we need to grow up as a society and behave as adults, which includes honesty and a willingness to take care of our home (the Earth) and maintain it in a reasonable way. I think there are issues far worse than cars and modifying them for performance or looks, such as dumping massive amounts of garbage in the oceans, the Chinese single handedly destroying the ozone layer by using banned chemicals, pesticides that decimate the insect population, etc... but overall it's going to take human beings growing up and caring about each other and our children more than momentary indulgences and accumulating personal wealth.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #49
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Nope, not bored at all. I'm pretty sure I didn't make fun of anyone either. Do I think those Donk cars look ridiculous, yeah I do. Do I laugh when I see one, sometimes. Do I make fun of the person driving it, never.

Now the guy in the Lexus RC who tried to race me earlier this week, yeah I made fun of him.

I am doing my thing(s), fishing, shooting, driving fast in my Camaro.
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
IMO it's not acceptable to remove emissions control equipment like catalytic converters and/or change the tune on a car to gain more power if it significantly increases emissions.

I used to not care that much when I was a kid, but these days my perspective is different. I think we need to grow up as a society and behave as adults, which includes honesty and a willingness to take care of our home (the Earth) and maintain it in a reasonable way. I think there are issues far worse than cars and modifying them for performance or looks, such as dumping massive amounts of garbage in the oceans, the Chinese single handedly destroying the ozone layer by using banned chemicals, pesticides that decimate the insect population, etc... but overall it's going to take human beings growing up and caring about each other and our children more than momentary indulgences and accumulating personal wealth.
Same here. I used to have cars with LTs and no cats and wide open exhaust and tunes and they sometimes ran rich etc. But now that I've been travelling to other countries and seeing beautiful beaches and wonderful resorts that are surrounded by slummy areas and people living in squalor, I think differently. While my cars are not the most eco-friendly, I will retain the smog and pollution control devices on them. I might do a mild tune with a pulley at some point. But definitely no catless systems or anything of that sort. As a species tho, eventually we will bring about the destruction of this planet. But I'll be long gone before that happens.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #50
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Oh well is all I will say on those Donk cars or whatever the hell they are called!
Old 06-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #51
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Laughing at and being offended by are two very different reactions.

Why would anyone be offended by a mod style they found laughable?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:54 PM   #52
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Old 06-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #53
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Laughing at and being offended by are two very different reactions.

Why would anyone be offended by a mod style they found laughable?
I’m not offended by them at all, I just think they look stupid.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:19 AM   #54
Michael2000

Drives: .
I think they look ridiculous, but at the same time kinda cool.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote