Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #43
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
I ordered the X pipe assembly with valves. (hasn't shipped yet)

I also ordered the ATAK catback NPP system. That arrived in two days and I already installed it.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #44
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by david borla View Post
The street legal options are "cut and clamp" behind the catalytic converters while the track/race use only options bolt to the flanges in front of the catalytic converts, thus removing the catalytic converters (which is why they cannot be driven on public roads and are for race use only).

4) Race Only (not for use on public roads) without AFM valves - Borla Part Number 60606
David or anyone who knows, is this just a secondary or primary and secondary cat delete?

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:53 PM   #45
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
After looking again at your website, it looks like secondary only...correct?

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:43 AM   #46
david borla

Drives: Ford GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmAnt13 View Post
After looking again at your website, it looks like secondary only...correct?
Yes! Correct!
david borla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:04 AM   #47
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
I ordered the X pipe assembly with valves. (hasn't shipped yet)

I also ordered the ATAK catback NPP system. That arrived in two days and I already installed it.
Sounds great for being just a cat back.. mind posting a video of this in touring? Start up and rev??????? Love the track, but interested in the quiet if needed.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #48
brutusvk

If you listen to the video you can hear the valves open and close several times. A camera phone can't do it justice. The tour/ice and snow modes are only slightly louder than before. Better described as a deeper sound. The loud settings sport/track are significantly louder. When standing behind the car it almost hurts when it 'cracks and pops". In either mode it sounds great on the highway. No drone. Zip. Actually is better than factory driving at 70 mph. And right now I basically only have a axle back. Should sound even better with the cat to muffler section replaced.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:55 AM   #49
david borla

Quote:
If you listen to the video you can hear the valves open and close several times. A camera phone can't do it justice. The tour/ice and snow modes are only slightly louder than before. Better described as a deeper sound. The loud settings sport/track are significantly louder. When standing behind the car it almost hurts when it 'cracks and pops". In either mode it sounds great on the highway. No drone. Zip. Actually is better than factory driving at 70 mph. And right now I basically only have a axle back. Should sound even better with the cat to muffler section replaced.
Thanks for this. You have the ATAK, correct?
Old 06-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #50
brutusvk

Yes. Sounds and looks great. One note, that may help others. I had to cut the passenger side oem pipe one inch shorter than the instructions said to make it fit properly. I remember one person had an issue with it sticking out too far. Plenty of adjustment available.

Can't wait for the x pipe assembly to show up. I ordered as soon as it came available. Hated the factory squeaky valves. The new valves are far better.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #51
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Yes. Sounds and looks great. One note, that may help others. I had to cut the passenger side oem pipe one inch shorter than the instructions said to make it fit properly. I remember one person had an issue with it sticking out too far. Plenty of adjustment available.

Can't wait for the x pipe assembly to show up. I ordered as soon as it came available. Hated the factory squeaky valves. The new valves are far better.
Odd, why would Borla state to cut a certain way and you needed to cut an extra inch?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #52
david borla

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Odd, why would Borla state to cut a certain way and you needed to cut an extra inch?
It was our first production run of these parts and we erred on the side of caution. We have since dialed in the installation instructions after feedback from those who have installed these parts in the field. We can never be sure of the OE manufacturing variances present until our parts reach a large enough sample size.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #53
brutusvk

Exactly. You can always take off more. Adding is harder. Plus, the adjustability gives space for personal taste as far as how far the pipes go past the fascia.

The set up is quite nice. I have installed many aftermarket systems. This as good as any of the best. Behind my ship is a junkyard or car and motorcycle oem exhausts. lol
Old 07-27-2016, 04:02 PM   #54
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa@Borla View Post
BORLAŽ Exhaust Video for the 2016 Camaro SS:

BORLAŽ Exhaust Systems for the 2016 Camaro SS:
http://www.borla.com/chevy-2016-camaro-exhaust-systems/

Flowmaster sounds better.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:25 PM   #55
brutusvk

Purely subjective. As in all the exhausts, they sound different in person. I have had flowmasters for years on many cars. I prefer Borla for this car. And it retains the dual mode.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:20 PM   #56
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I'm awaiting somebody to install an HPIPE in replacement of the XPIPE. Has anyone done this yet?

BTW: Love the sound on your Borla Exhaust System. VERY NICE!

I have a friend who is a Diesel/Truck guy and he tells me ...."BORLA or GO HOME!" LOL...Borla is expensive, but you get what you pay for! I usually go with Flowmaster because it's in my budget. Hopefully one day I can afford a nice Borla Setup. Hopefully Borla will want to use my Camaro for a Prototype Exhaust hahaa
I would also love to hear a H-pipe in place of the Y-pipe to give it the old school rumble and sound but Borla is not offering that. I heard maybe if enough interest they would work on one. The only aftermarket company doing it as of right now is ARH.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust