Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #29
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
On average it takes 4-6 hours. Financing is the worst.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #30
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The amount of time in the dealership often depends on what the management structure is. If it’s a corporate store like Hendrick or Sonic, the managers are held to a rigid standard that they will work a customer to sell what’s in stock, it’ll have to be approved by manager, and no matter whether you have your financing or not, you have to go sit with the finance and insurance guy, so they can try and upsell you their useless crap for “protection”…

Homegrown stores that are not corporate owned, sometimes are a lot quicker And nowhere near six hours because they don’t have those rigid rules, they let every salesman guide the transaction.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #31
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
On average it takes 4-6 hours. Financing is the worst.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
The amount of time in the dealership often depends on what the management structure is. If it’s a corporate store like Hendrick or Sonic, the managers are held to a rigid standard that they will work a customer to sell what’s in stock, it’ll have to be approved by manager, and no matter whether you have your financing or not, you have to go sit with the finance and insurance guy, so they can try and upsell you their useless crap for “protection”…

Homegrown stores that are not corporate owned, sometimes are a lot quicker And nowhere near six hours because they don’t have those rigid rules, they let every salesman guide the transaction.
Out of all the cars I have bought myself. 8/10 times its when you get to finance that is the longest part, normally bc there are only so many people that are allowed to do said paper work and most of the time it's just waiting for them to be available.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:33 PM   #32
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
i took me less than 2 hours. i talked and emailed the salesperson several times about options, condition of the interior and paint etc. i was not in a hurry to buy and i told him i had the funds ready and was not interested in HIS financing. drove 1 1/2 to look at the car, told him what the car was valued at and it was up to them if they wanted the money. no back and forth, he took it to his manager, they both walked back, shook my hand and said we will get your car ready. i think it helps to be knowledgeable about the car and just state that you are in no hurry since the vehicle is not a daily driver...take my money or the next guy down the road will.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:41 PM   #33
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
About 90 mins total. Deal was done over the phone. Showed up and the car was waiting for the test drive. Did the test drive and inspected the car in their very bright "photo booth".

Setup Onstar, walked inside and waiting about 5 mins for the finance manager. Reviewed the paperwork, said no about 5 times to their Add-On BS and wrote a check then drove away.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #34
silkrckt

Drives: 2017 Garnet Red 1LE
Total 3hrs, this includes purchasing a customer ordered car that shouldn't have ever been on the floor. Dealer made good by transporting a car from another state and giving me a great deal.
silkrckt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:11 PM   #35
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron27 View Post
First guy I went to tried to talk me out of the v6. He told me it cost about “10 grand more for that option”, and that if I didn’t opt for leather seats that I wouldn’t get power seats. He also told me I should buy a turbo and mod it, that it’ll easily go faster than a v8. No mention of warranty. I told him I was interested in a v6, not modding, and I wasn’t interested in many options: I wanted fewer options, and a reasonable price. I told him I’d be paying in full in cash, or financing over 48-60 months, depending on which works out better. He basically didn’t help me, and ignored a follow up email.

Funny enough, the car I ended up buying was from his lot, but transferred by dealer#3 who I bought from. Dealer#1 failed to mention they had exactly the specs I wanted on their lot, at the price I wanted... mind boggling.
I had a similar experience. Reached out to Chevy to find 'local' inventory. Only one car matched what I wanted, a 1LE with PDR. Contacted the dealer by email and told them which car I was interested in. They started responding with bullshit questions, most likely a bot now that I think about it. I gave up. A week later went to another dealer who found the car for me and we made a deal. It was THAT car, my sales guy confirmed it.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #36
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
My current car wasnt even at the dealership yet when I started buying it. It sat in their showroom long enough for me to do the paperwork and I took it home. They never even got pictures of it for their own website hahaha...
I hear ya. Bought my '13 ZL1 vert while it was on the lift during PDI

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:04 PM   #37
Camman2SS

Drives: 2017 Blue 2SS on Order. Build 4/17
30 minutes max. I bought from Becky and after it was delivered locally went down to the dealer that took the courtesy delivery. 15 minutes for my inspection using a checklist I put together and then 15 minutes of the fleet manager showing me how to operate things like the infotainment screen, etc. It was real nice being able to sign all the paperwork at home, at my leisure, no pressure.
Camman2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #38
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
About 5 minutes via email, a quick 5 minute phone call, a 3 hour plane ride to Detroit, 5 minutes signing papers

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491968

No need to mess with anyone else call Becky D @ James-Martin Chevrolet

Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
Available Inventory -James-Martin Chevrolet
BeckyD - I Deliver Nationwide!
..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
BeckyD@JamesMartinDetroit.com
ChevyFleet@aol.com
This.

I did the exact same thing except my plane ride was only 54 minutes.
Herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 03:05 PM   #39
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Use the review to stop the BS hard sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
said no about 5 times to their Add-On BS.
I told them straight up as soon as they started on that, if they give me the hard sell on this, that I would take a full point off their review and write about that. That was the end of that.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #40
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
I had the best buying experience of any car I've ever purchased, and I've bought many over the past 40 years. In August I went to my local dealer and asked if they could match an advertised price of over 9K off from a dealership 3 hours away. They said they would match it if I bought within ten days. I decided to wait until the end of the month to see if any new incentives were added for Labor Day. They tried to rush me to buy, but I insisted on waiting. Then for the week of Labor Day sure enough GM bumped up the rebates for Labor Day from $1K to to $4K and in addition I qualified for $1500 loyalty and $1K GM card rebate for a total of $6500 in rebates, that was in addition to the $9730 I had already negotiated off of MSRP. Not only did they go above and beyond on price but they located exactly the car I wanted at a dealership 100 miles away, so three days later I drove off in my vert with an MSRP of $37830 for just $21600 plus tax and tags. They didn't even try to push any dealer extras on me. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get what I felt was the deal of the century. They even offered to go out up to 1000 miles to locate the exact car I wanted. This by far was the most satisfying car buying experience I have ever had, and I'm sure it was once in a lifetime!

Last edited by Chazzz; 12-03-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #41
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
45 minutes all together. no idea how I could even spend longer.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:19 AM   #42
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
This.

I did the exact same thing except my plane ride was only 54 minutes.
Nice yep best buying experience Ever and by far the fastest ever signing papers.