Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-29-2017, 11:47 PM   #15
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
The whole process sucks. It always has, it always will, and they don’t care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:30 AM   #16
SuperDave70

Drives: 2LT Fifty
I went to two dealerships. The first one I just walked in and asked for the deal they advertised on their website. The guy then came out with an offer that was several thousand over, and told me I didn't qualify for the advertised deal. I walked.

I made the deal at the second dealership through email. I then set up an appointment to come in for a test drive and sign the paperwork. I told the salesperson that I would walk if they were even a penny over the negotiated price. I went in and drove the car. The paperwork was ready, including an additional $500 off the agreed price due to an additional incentive he found for me. I was out in under 2 hours. Best car buying experience ever.
SuperDave70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:03 AM   #17
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
Time flies when you are in the buying process. My story is similar to others. Local dealership had a ZL1, would not deal or take my GMS. Wasted 1.5 hours and they told me how they werent making any money anymore, on new car sales. All of that, while I stood in the million dollar show room, over looking a lot with 400 new chevy's sitting on it.

Found a new ZL1 two states away, made the deal over the phone. Then spent like 10 hours at the dealership over two days before I came home with the car.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:15 AM   #18
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko View Post
Spent over 2 hours at a Chevy dealership. Ready to buy. But they were still dicking around and taking their time. So I walked out. I’m ready to buy a 2018 Camaro SS.
About 5 minutes via email, a quick 5 minute phone call, a 3 hour plane ride to Detroit, 5 minutes signing papers

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491968

No need to mess with anyone else call Becky D @ James-Martin Chevrolet

Don't forget, I honor ALL DISCOUNTS THAT APPLY!
Available Inventory -James-Martin Chevrolet
BeckyD - I Deliver Nationwide!
..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
BeckyD@JamesMartinDetroit.com
ChevyFleet@aol.com
Old 11-30-2017, 07:02 AM   #19
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
I've bought 4 mustangs in 6 years none were fast deals, but good deal on my last GT 0% Ford Credit 72 months $30,000 OTD.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:15 AM   #20
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I spent almost 4 hours there, including the test drives, etc. But this was also after my knee surgery, so there was a lot slow walking (hobbling). I got up to walk out twice, and they wouldn't let me.

I had cash money arranged, so I didn't have to haggle with their financing, but I did spend 30 minutes turning their options down because they wanted me to "save my money and just finance"
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:50 AM   #21
majik755

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Fiftieth Anniversary
Spent 5 hours total including test drive, and the car I wanted was sitting on their lot. Old school negotiations, salesperson, manager, another manager. Statements like "we usually don't negotiate prices on Corvettes and Camaros", ugh. Was ready to walk twice. But worked out in the end. Previous three car purchases were all done in under two hours. Probably will use another dealer for servicing (except for the two free oil changes included...
majik755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #22
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I think I grew a beard while I was there.

And I already knew the specific vehicle I was buying. The paperwork I had to sign for all the applicable discounts could choke a hippo. I actually got fed up and left and said "just have the rest of it ready and I'll come in and sign it tomorrow".

Some of it was because even though I knew the car I was buying, the decision to buy it that day was spur of the moment. I was there having a different vehicle serviced. Since my salesperson knew I would be there and knew I had interest in that car, he chased me down and literally asked "what do I have to do to get you to take the car today?" I told him and he worked his @$$ off to make it happen. I was very nonchalant about it because it was late January and truth be told, I didn't have a place to put the car until my retirement became official and I turned in my GM car. That's only important because I think my "I could take it or not" demeanor worked in my favor in getting him to get literally thousands of dollars beyond my GM Discount and other incentives peeled off of the deal price.

So, back to the original question....about 3-4 hours the first day, then another 1-1/2 hours the next day. Most of the day 2 time was finishing the paperwork, some of it getting the wheel locks installed (one of my demands), getting a smudge rubbed out, and getting a replacement gearshift knob ordered since the original had been scratched.

By contrast, my previous lease deal at the same dealership took about 2 hours total. I called ahead and asked "how many of the $59/month Cruze leases do you have in stock and what color?" Followed by "have the red one ready for me".
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #23
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Roughly 3 hours, but one hour was lunch with the salesman free of charge. There was also a commotion about 2 other people wanting the same car. That had to be settled as well. Thankfully I was the first one to show the dollar bills.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:07 AM   #24
2015 1LE SS

Drives: 2017 2SS
Man i wish i had customers like you guys. What are these salespeople doing? I've sold multiple Camaro's without hassle in 2 hours or less. Then again, i have been on the other end a few times so i know what it's like.
2015 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:09 AM   #25
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
After a working the deal on the phone/email, less than half of the 4 hour drive it took get there.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:23 AM   #26
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #27
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
When we bought the wife's last car I think the total dealership process took about 6 to 7 hours over the course of 2 different days. We weren't necessarily ready to pull the trigger but once we started talking numbers we had a good deal lined up. What took the longest was just locating the car with the particular set of options we wanted(bought a 16 as 17's were rolling out, wanted to get the better financing on leftover 16) Once we had the car located we just waited for them to get the transfer. SO that day probably took about 2.5 hours

When they got the car that day took the longest, it was on a saturday and they only had 1 person in the finance office to do all the paper work so it was just a lot of sitting and waiting.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #28
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015 1LE SS View Post
Man i wish i had customers like you guys. What are these salespeople doing? I've sold multiple Camaro's without hassle in 2 hours or less. Then again, i have been on the other end a few times so i know what it's like.
My current car wasnt even at the dealership yet when I started buying it. It sat in their showroom long enough for me to do the paperwork and I took it home. They never even got pictures of it for their own website hahaha...