Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-07-2017, 01:07 PM   #29
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
An alternate summary to this thread could be of use when people are discussing the monthly sales thread. A very small number of buyers are actual enthusiasts who know what is going on. The avg buyer (of any car) sees something new, shiny with a cool a gadget that fit a payment. It seems even fewer are brand or model loyal over the last 15 years or so. Again, speaking of the general buyer outside of the forums.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #30
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Mine gets mistaken for a Mustang.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #31
Skerj

Drives: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Mine gets mistaken for a Mustang.
Seems to be a theme in this thread... Must be the similar taillights and the horse/GT/5.0 badging being exactly the same as the bowtie, Camaro shield, and SS/RS badging... And Transformers should have cleared it up as well....

I get confusing cars that aren't common, or are actually very similar, but both have been out for years now (and the Challenger since the Jurassic...). No excuse for confusing them.
Skerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #32
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerj View Post
Seems to be a theme in this thread... Must be the similar taillights and the horse/GT/5.0 badging being exactly the same as the bowtie, Camaro shield, and SS/RS badging... And Transformers should have cleared it up as well....

I get confusing cars that aren't common, or are actually very similar, but both have been out for years now (and the Challenger since the Jurassic...). No excuse for confusing them.
It's that 99% of the people roaming this earth have no interest in cars other than maybe the kind they own. So everything else is just "car". But most people have at least heard about Mustangs so anything that doesn't look like their car and is kind of sporty could be a Mustang.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:29 AM   #33
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerj View Post

To be fair mine has no badges on it. But there is still quite a significant difference in the styling I think. Then again I have a friend that gets BMW and Benz mixed up so I guess some people suck at noticing styling cues.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #34
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
It's that 99% of the people roaming this earth have no interest in cars other than maybe the kind they own. So everything else is just "car". But most people have at least heard about Mustangs so anything that doesn't look like their car and is kind of sporty could be a Mustang.
This is so true and applies to much of society and most hobbies / enthusiast areas. Case in point....

Since the Camaro is not enough of an excuse to spend $$, I also play bass in a couple bands. I have 7 basses. I often get "What kind of guitar is that?" Any musician would quickly recognize it's a BASS not a GUITAR. Non-musicians not so much. Some would say bass guitar which is an acceptable option.

Others who recognize it as a bass would say something like "Nice Fender bass". Only one of the seven is a Fender. The other six are much nicer than most Fenders, but are brands that the non-musician may never have heard of. But they've heard of Fender and heard the term "Fender bass", so I understand their confusion. Can't hold people responsible for not knowing what they have no interest in knowing.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #35
andrec10

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6SP/Suby Legacy 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully104 View Post
I actually had this happen at a park. Some kid ran up and said look it's a Lamborgini and then his friend ran up and said no it's a Mustang.
Its a Dodge...Lol.

Its Here! Finally came home on 3-31-16! Red Hot 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Silver Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, 56W Split Spoke Wheels, Body color Hood vents, Body color Splash Guards and winter protection package.

Ordered 1-28-16: 1100
2-11-2016 :2000
2-15-2016: 3000 TPW of 3/7...That went quick!
2-26-2016: 3400 Status TPW 3/7
3-5-2016 : 3800
3-8-2016 : 4300
3-11-2016 : 4B00
3-15-2016 : 4200
3-22-2016 : 4800
3-29-2016 : 6000!
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #36
Donner

Drives: 2017 50th SS convertible
Hello,

I pulled into get gas at a local pit stop and on the opposite side was a man refueling his Suburban. I could hear the squealing of a 10 year old (ish) on full song to her mother just a moment before the rear door of the SUV opened. Out she popped and dashed toward the Mighty HABU by leaping between the pumps (tight fit). She was so young and thin that there was still no distinction in diameter between her arms, elbows, and wrists. Her little hands with up to chin (palms out) as she chirped out a request for permission to inspect my Camaro.

I nodded and said "Of course" but was pleasantly surprised by her impeccable manners. (Good parents, in my view). Then she announces to her dad, oh look dad, it's a two, thousand, and seventeen, fiftieth anniversary addition drop top with the 6 speed mechanical transmission. It's got the 376 V-8 and everything. Then she added, I love your car, sir. I said 'thank you'. Then she said something about it being a proper pantie dropper and jumped back into the SUV.

I stood there (mouth gaped open) looking at her dad for a long moment, before asking him if she even knows what that means? He grinned and shook his head sideways before adding that unfortunately, she probably does. He went on to explain that when she was 6 she made a deal to pull great grades in trade for a brand new Camaro when she turned 16. He said he only has a few years left before he has to make good on that deal but he had been saving up for one.

She wants to autocross, he offered but didn't seem to know what that was. He told me that she is the only car buff in the entire family. No one is into them so where it came from in her, he had no idea. He asked me what autocrossing was so I explained it. He also wanted to know about the motor options. We chatted about it for awhile. There is some grand mother that they met that told her to get the V-8. They met at a car show that she begged him to take her to. (A common thing that they do together, according to him) There, grandma had said she got her Mustang (it was in the show) when she was just 16 and had kept it all these years. Grandma said the V-8 was the way to go since they stay cool over a lifetime.

That was an awesome moment; one that I still grin about.

Kindest,

Donner
Donner is offline   Reply With Quote