Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #1
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Silly question regarding rear springs and Megan coilovers

Okay, so I installed megan racing coilovers in the rear. I can't find an instruction video ANYWHERE for ANY coilover install on this car. So basically, in the rear spring, the car has those rubber things on top and bottom where the bottom one has the locator tab. Im not sure of the name lol, but I didn't know if the megan racing coilovers needed to reuse those or not, but they wouldn't fit on the new springs, so I left them out. The megan racing coilovers came with their own, but they're not as thick as the stock ones or even close to similar shape. Anyways, did I have to reuse those? Or am I fine?
SSDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
irmb

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDanny View Post
Okay, so I installed megan racing coilovers in the rear. I can't find an instruction video ANYWHERE for ANY coilover install on this car. So basically, in the rear spring, the car has those rubber things on top and bottom where the bottom one has the locator tab. Im not sure of the name lol, but I didn't know if the megan racing coilovers needed to reuse those or not, but they wouldn't fit on the new springs, so I left them out. The megan racing coilovers came with their own, but they're not as thick as the stock ones or even close to similar shape. Anyways, did I have to reuse those? Or am I fine?
use the ones that came with the megan kit. put the others aside
irmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coilovers, springs, suspension