Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #57
jwisjw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
In regards to dyno graphs, I meant for the shocks.

250lbs front springs doesn't seem stiff to the point of harshness. I would jack up the car and see if you can see the rear rate. However it sounds to me that you have the wrong shock settings and if they are still relatively stiff, sounds like you are maybe too low and causing suspension bind or engaging bumpstop? Probably should put a zip tie around the shaft and lower car back down roll it some and see where you end up relative to available stroke travel. If you want to share pictures, I'd be happy to see them through here or PM if you want help.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #58
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I saw these got released recently. I'm sure it's a well designed kit, but I was a little disappointed to see they didn't do an offset strut housing for more inboard wheel/tire room.

While it's uncommon to post them publicly, when you pay this much for dampers you are entitled to dyno plots. That's what you get from JRZ, MCS, Penske, etc. Valve design might be proprietary, but the damping curve is not a secret to the customer. You own them and could go and dyno them yourself, but for $4k+ they owe you the chart.

From the video you can see the part numbers on the springs-

Front - "DSE 041801250"
Rear- "DSE 99030114"

Those aren't in Detroit Speed's catalog, but they look like their part numbers. Maybe it'll be updated soon.

Regarding harshness, nitrogen pressure also has an impact on ride quality. They should let you know the operating range and what they were set at.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:10 AM   #59
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
In regards to dyno graphs, I meant for the shocks.

250lbs front springs doesn't seem stiff to the point of harshness. I would jack up the car and see if you can see the rear rate. However it sounds to me that you have the wrong shock settings and if they are still relatively stiff, sounds like you are maybe too low and causing suspension bind or engaging bumpstop? Probably should put a zip tie around the shaft and lower car back down roll it some and see where you end up relative to available stroke travel. If you want to share pictures, I'd be happy to see them through here or PM if you want help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
I saw these got released recently. I'm sure it's a well designed kit, but I was a little disappointed to see they didn't do an offset strut housing for more inboard wheel/tire room.

While it's uncommon to post them publicly, when you pay this much for dampers you are entitled to dyno plots. That's what you get from JRZ, MCS, Penske, etc. Valve design might be proprietary, but the damping curve is not a secret to the customer. You own them and could go and dyno them yourself, but for $4k+ they owe you the chart.

From the video you can see the part numbers on the springs-

Front - "DSE 041801250"
Rear- "DSE 99030114"

Those aren't in Detroit Speed's catalog, but they look like their part numbers. Maybe it'll be updated soon.

Regarding harshness, nitrogen pressure also has an impact on ride quality. They should let you know the operating range and what they were set at.
I've since adjusted and adjusted and adjusted some more. The car now rides much much better. Its still fairly harsh on the hard bumps but I'm guessing that with no rubber anywhere in the suspension and solid upper mounts for the struts, i'm not going to have Caddy like suspension.

As fas as all the details on the equipment, I honesly don't care lol. Thats why I pay JDP. They are the experts. I'm confident that they will have the car dialed in come race season. I'm sure i'll know some more specifics as time goes on but I truly just haven't asked. JDP and I are using the car as a development piece so things will likely be changing periodically so I'm not getting attached to anything.

I love how willing to share info you guys are! Thank you!! I'll keep you posted of anything else worth noting.

One more thing, you DO gain room in the front and rear when you go to these Shocks/Struts. They are smaller and as such, we gained clearance.

Jared