Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-13-2018, 12:09 AM   #1
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
ZL1 Brake Bleeding

There seems to be a lot of different procedures for bleeding order, but a few people said the GM service bulletin was RR, LF, LR, RF. Is this correct?

Also, Brembo is usually inner bleeder then outer bleeder I believe? Is that correct?

and nothing special for ABS, as long as I don't introduce air into the system right?
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:55 PM   #2
alexbinjackson

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
usually want to bleed furthest from brake reservoir which is front drivers side. Correct procedure would be RR, RL, FR, FL also would want to bleed outside Bleeder valves first then inside bleeder
alexbinjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:56 AM   #3
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Everything I've found on the internet about Camaro's is what you posted above (OP), including Inner and then outer. I've never personally seen the GM Service Manual though...
Old 03-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Should go

Right rear
Left rear
Right front
Left front

Then how ever the manual says for the inner/outer bleeders. Just remember to check the fluid in the reservoir after each wheel.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #5
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
So I am trying to figure it out also. Normally you do furthest away from the brake reservoir but on these cars the ABS system is not on the same side but on the passengers side. So does that change things when bleeding?

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #6
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I'm surprised to find this, but the service manual actually says to do RR, LF, LR, RF. Inboard then outboard bleed screws on the calipers.

I have personally done RR, LR, RF, LF when I switched over to DOT4 last year, and this year used a GM service tool that instructed me to do LR, LF, RF, RR. Didn't have an issue with either of the ones I did. There's really not a lot of backflow of fluid in the system when braking, so overall order doesn't matter as much.

I'm guessing that the service manual order is due to how the brake system is split. These cars most likely have diagonal split circuits instead of front/rear split, so if this is true then this order bleeds one circuit at a time.

Inboard/outboard order on the caliper is mainly to help with cross-contamination within the caliper. Is there really any huge benefit to doing inboard or outboard first? I'm guessing not so long as the system is bled thoroughly, but I figure I might as well follow the manual when I do it because it's not any harder to do one way vs. the other.