Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #15
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
No, i can't even drive fast on these shit roads in NYC LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:24 AM   #16
Calcanuck

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
For me is about a balance between power, handling and braking. I have made changes for handling and will for braking, not likely for power.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:27 AM   #17
kodiakk

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
I bought a 2017 RS 2LT with the 4cyl. turbo, really way more power than I needed, BUT, every time I was talking with another car guy, eventually we would get around to the part where I say, yeah its a 4 cylinder and I really didn't like that. SO, I sold it and bought a FIFTY, SS. Love it to death and after dyno results on a dynajet. 412 hp to the rear wheels, I couldn't be happier. One thing to remember is that someone always has more power, so get what makes you happy. I have a 1970 Trans Am with a little over 850 hp, and there is still guys with more so just have fun.
kodiakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:35 AM   #18
keon718nyc

When i was looking to buy my 6th gen Camaro back end of 2015 my main goal was to get into it knowing it had everything and more then i wanted in a 2dr sports car. first and foremost was the LT1 motor. I knew the power the Stingray had with it after renting 2 of them in Florida for a few weeks and having the 2 back seats sealed the deal on the Camaro as i have a daughter who is 7 now and fits back there with ease. Wife not so much but that was her beef with getting the Vette of course...
Old 02-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #19
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
That's exactly what I'm afraid of, if I end up getting the I4 I fear to regret not getting the v6... and for 1700$ CAD for the v6 it is really a tempting thing to get.
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #20
keon718nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
That's exactly what I'm afraid of, if I end up getting the I4 I fear to regret not getting the v6... and for 1700$ CAD for the v6 it is really a tempting thing to get.
I questioned myself on my last BMW 5 series, I had a 4 twin turbo that honestly was straight garbage to me. I little zip when you need it but i missed coming out from a V6 to V4 at that time and regretted heavily not getting the twin turbo 6. Difference was around 70hp as well. Slight lag on it but none the less a good running engine. I kicked myself in the ass a few times the difference was not much off price wise and just made the deal too quick. So i suggest driving both and looking at your finances before making that big decision IMO.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #21
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
I have been modding my cars all my adult life, but with my 2SS and closeness to retirement age and with a slowdown in my business, my disposable income situation is way different now. And I am just fine with that. I read all the pages on this site, almost daily. I do enjoy reading the results and thinking about changes I would like to do. But reality for me is to just do a few cosmetic mods and enjoy how capable it already is. Out where I live there are endless rural roads with interesting curves and hills, great driving roads in beautiful countryside, so may wife and I just go get lost & explore.

But I can still dream of mods!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:24 PM   #22
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Just wish I got the 2ss package with all the creature comforts.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #23
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Bored? Nope but it's not like I (or anyone) can do that much on public roads to begin with. At first I wasn't sure what to expect, having never owned or driven a V8 anything, but I still enjoy it very much and often look forward to driving it. I understand wanting faster but personally, I don't see the point because you can only go so fast on public roads and I don't track it or go to the strip, so all in all, it's got enough power as is. Sure more is welcome, but I wouldn't call it necessary.

This plays in with why I chose the SS to begin with. I love the 1LE package but I knew I wouldn't track it, so really the extra $6500 wasn't a complete necessity. The ZL1, while awesome, is faster but also considerably higher priced. The extra speed of the ZL1 being nice but not needed (0-60 in ~3.5 sec vs. ~4.0 sec) and the extra $27-29K I'd rather hang on to, because sadly money doesn't grow on trees, I have to work long hours to get it. I might play around with the idea of ZL1 for the 7th Gen by trading in my SS, but I'm satisfied with my SS as it stands, it's plenty quick enough to get me in trouble real quick.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:32 PM   #24
Stig eh

Drives: 2017 SS 50th Jan 17 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
even though I strongly disagree with your post on the dealership thread please get the bigger and more powerful engine,

the 1700 price tag will be long gone each time you drive your new car,

stig eh
Stig eh is offline   Reply With Quote