Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-23-2024, 09:33 AM   #15
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
Clay bars are crap anymore. get maybe 2 cars out of a bar and you drop it and its toast and throw it out. They ar pretty abrasive and will mar the paint.
I havnt used one in many years. The perforated towels are leaps and bounds better.
They will last 50-60 cars, if you drop them just rinse off and keep using and do not mar the paint if used properly with enough lube. The holes give the contaminates a place to go and the MF backing allows more lubrication to flow out onto the paint as you decon it
https://theragcompany.com/collection...tra-clay-towel
8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:32 AM   #16
HankVA

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS
Had great results with Chemical Guys products. Started with Clean Slate to decontaminate the surface, clay barred, lightly polished with P4 Perfect Finish and then applied HydroCharge + ceramic coating.

I try to only wash it with their Hydro Suds and every other wash I hit it with the Hydro Speed ceramic detailer. I would stay away from the Hydro Slick wax ... I don't know what they were thinking with that one.

Some people may hate Chemical Guys, but I am happy with the results I got from using their stuff.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2024, 11:18 AM   #17
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22SS1LE View Post
Clay bars are crap anymore. get maybe 2 cars out of a bar and you drop it and its toast and throw it out. They ar pretty abrasive and will mar the paint.
I havnt used one in many years. The perforated towels are leaps and bounds better.
They will last 50-60 cars, if you drop them just rinse off and keep using and do not mar the paint if used properly with enough lube. The holes give the contaminates a place to go and the MF backing allows more lubrication to flow out onto the paint as you decon it
https://theragcompany.com/collection...tra-clay-towel

I'd be interested to try that. I bought a clay wash mitt and I found it marred far more than the traditional clay bar, to the point where I ended up having to compound and polish some areas of my truck because it looked worse than before. I wonder if the towel works better than the mitt.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:20 AM   #18
Deacon Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankVA View Post
Had great results with Chemical Guys products. Started with Clean Slate to decontaminate the surface, clay barred, lightly polished with P4 Perfect Finish and then applied HydroCharge + ceramic coating.

I try to only wash it with their Hydro Suds and every other wash I hit it with the Hydro Speed ceramic detailer. I would stay away from the Hydro Slick wax ... I don't know what they were thinking with that one.

Some people may hate Chemical Guys, but I am happy with the results I got from using their stuff.

Looks sweet! What was the application process like for the HydroCharge?
Old 04-23-2024, 12:42 PM   #19
HankVA

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Looks sweet! What was the application process like for the HydroCharge?
Thanks! It was super easy. I just made sure to swap out applicators a few times throughout the process. You just spread a thin coat, give it a bit to dry and then buff it off. It was the easiest stage of the process.

I did it back in October the month after I picked up the car, and I am hoping it will last a long time with proper maintenance.
Old 04-23-2024, 01:42 PM   #20
MadeInHB

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Virginia here also and I have the same license plate mount. Really wish they would make it legal to not have a front plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MadeInHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 01:47 PM   #21
Deacon Blues

Quote:
Thanks! It was super easy. I just made sure to swap out applicators a few times throughout the process. You just spread a thin coat, give it a bit to dry and then buff it off. It was the easiest stage of the process.

I did it back in October the month after I picked up the car, and I am hoping it will last a long time with proper maintenance.

Thanks for the reply... Do you need to top that ceramic with a wax afterwards to touch it up, or is the appeal that it preserves shine without any additional maintenance?
Old 04-23-2024, 01:52 PM   #22
22SS1LE

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I'd be interested to try that. I bought a clay wash mitt and I found it marred far more than the traditional clay bar, to the point where I ended up having to compound and polish some areas of my truck because it looked worse than before. I wonder if the towel works better than the mitt.
All depends on the mitt you used. If it was a solid synthetic rubber with no perforations. those will mar and dont work well.
Any of the towels, Mitts or block that is the perforated will work well and not mar.
You can get them at Theragcompany, DIY Detail, P&S, Armor detail supply and ethos and other quality places
8/24. IT HAS ARRIVED at the dealer
8/25- It is in the Garage
ACS ZL1 Sideskirts, 20% tint, CAI Intake
22SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote