Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-22-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Rock Guards

Can anyone recommend some rock guards for a 2015 V6 Camaro?

I have seen some on here for higher end models that seem to match the stock ground effects/body kit that come on the ZL1, etc.

Not sure if those would look ridiculous on a V6 or if there is an alternative. Looking to prevent as many rock chips as possible as this is my daily, year round driver.

Thanks.
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #2
DazednConfused

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
I went with these on my 2015 SS for the front. They will fit the V6 models also. They have rear sets also for 2014-2015 models. The front was very easy to install, you don't even have to take the wheels off. Two screws hold each one on with 3M tape to secure the tops.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OIE...OuL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Last edited by DazednConfused; 11-22-2015 at 05:39 PM.
DazednConfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #3
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I don't know what type of guards you want, or how much you want to spend. I got mine on Ebay for 39.99/free shipping. I wouldn't use the cheap 2 sided tape though. 3M makes some that bonds much better.

Mine aren't the most attractive. But they have served me well for over a year. No chips on doors or "gill" areas. If you have ground effects, a different type is required.

I'd also recommend paint protection film on the front. It will cost you somewhere around $500, but you won't have any chips.

Here is a DIY thread as well if you have the tools.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252329

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #4
sspade

Great, thanks for the responses guys - I really appreciate it. I decided to buy the ones that DazednConfused recommended on amazon. $44 including shipping.

In the pics, it shows that they use the 3M adhesive and two existing screws. Should be good enough to keep them in place.

Ill see how these look on the car before deciding to buy the rears or not. Those are $10 more, not really sure why. Assuming they are the same size.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:52 PM   #5
DazednConfused

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Great, thanks for the responses guys - I really appreciate it. I decided to buy the ones that DazednConfused recommended on amazon. $44 including shipping.

In the pics, it shows that they use the 3M adhesive and two existing screws. Should be good enough to keep them in place.

Ill see how these look on the car before deciding to buy the rears or not. Those are $10 more, not really sure why. Assuming they are the same size.
I think you'll be happy with them. That 3M tape is really good, so have them lined up correctly before peeling off the backing. I put the screws in first and didnt tighten all the way, lined up the top then pulled the backing off the tape. I bought the rear ones as well, but haven't gotten them on yet. Going to have to take the tires off the rear to get them on correctly.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2015, 05:53 PM   #6
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post

When you tighten down the two torx T-20 screws after installation, do not over tighten them. They can strip easily. And before you attach the 3M tape, be sure to clean the area first with Isopropyl Alcohol so you get a good bond.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #7
sspade

Thanks for the tips gentlemen!