Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #5965
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
What do you plan to attach to your hand guard? On a rail you can attach a fore grip.
I'd figure $150-200 into the BCG and CH.
You could look for a complete upper. Those quad rails are pricey it seems.
Yeah I was looking at them earlier and was like :eye bulge:

I can get shorter quad rails for mid 100s it looks like.

Might just have to stick with one with a top and bottom rail.

Now I asked a gun shop locally about headspacing and they said in ARs it isn't that important cause there is a lot of play or something. I wouldn't mind just buying the barrel and putting it all together but I didn't want to get the headspacing wrong...and I also don't have the correct wrench and what not to tighten the barrel nut ect. (to me headspacing would be important)
Old 06-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #5966
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Anyone concealed carried the Sig P938? If so how do you like it? I'm considering one in 9mm.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #5967
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
Yeah I was looking at them earlier and was like :eye bulge:

I can get shorter quad rails for mid 100s it looks like.

Might just have to stick with one with a top and bottom rail.

Now I asked a gun shop locally about headspacing and they said in ARs it isn't that important cause there is a lot of play or something. I wouldn't mind just buying the barrel and putting it all together but I didn't want to get the headspacing wrong...and I also don't have the correct wrench and what not to tighten the barrel nut ect. (to me headspacing would be important)
Never looked into but i'd almost bet it would be cheaper to buy assembled. If you just want a grip on it the magpul MOE has a grip you can mount to it. I also believe they have side rails that can be added one.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #5968
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
Never looked into but i'd almost bet it would be cheaper to buy assembled. If you just want a grip on it the magpul MOE has a grip you can mount to it. I also believe they have side rails that can be added one.
I think you are correct when it comes to just a basic AR from all the research I've been doing. I'm trying to build it so I don't have to put the stuff on it that I don't want. I really like this right here (except its not a chrome lined barrel)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

and after $150ish for my BCG and CH I'll be in it about $650

Then optics. It may be a little more in the end but this is kinda my financing by building it. I get to buy parts little by little until I have a complete gun.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:33 PM   #5969
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Anyone concealed carried the Sig P938? If so how do you like it? I'm considering one in 9mm.
My buddy does (9mm version), and I've shot it. It's a nice and well built little hand gun, surprisingly accurate too. But I still go with my default .45 XDs, just personal preference
Old 06-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #5970
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
It's almost too small!! haha I used to carry a P290 over my wallet pocket, IWB. The short grip is what sold it for me. The 938 was even smaller! I barely noticed it at all. I wouldn't mind picking one up with an ankle holster, though.

I currently carry IWB a Springfield XDS in .45 auto. Absolutely LOVE it!
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #5971
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Sig's are great pistols. They only have one down side imo and that is price. Personally if I was looking at guns in the same price range I would be looking at H&K's instead but I don't think they make a direct competitor to the P938.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 PM   #5972
shank0668

Quote:
I think you are correct when it comes to just a basic AR from all the research I've been doing. I'm trying to build it so I don't have to put the stuff on it that I don't want. I really like this right here (except its not a chrome lined barrel)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ng-handle.html

and after $150ish for my BCG and CH I'll be in it about $650

Then optics. It may be a little more in the end but this is kinda my financing by building it. I get to buy parts little by little until I have a complete gun.
That barrel is chrome lined. That would work out perfectly for you.
I had intentions of doing the little by little thing... think i finished it in like 2 months
Old 06-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #5973
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
That barrel is chrome lined. That would work out perfectly for you.
I had intentions of doing the little by little thing... think i finished it in like 2 months
Really? I was thinking the chrome moly whatever was a fancy way to say its kinda chrome lined but not really haha. Good to know...thanks!!

I also made a boo boo. I'm a student at Auburn University and I'm working full time during the summer down here so I chose a FFL in Auburn but come to find out since I'm a GA resident I can't get the lower transfer done here...soo I'm trying to contact palmetto to get them to change my FFL to one in my hometown in GA. Worst case I called my FFL and they have another shop 40 min away in GA that they said they will take it to if all else fails. I think its dumb and that it shouldn't matter if you have a CCW and its valid in that state. :(

And now that upper is sold out haha I'll wait for it to come back cause thats just about exactly what I want I just wish the barrel was stainless steel. I love that silver/black look.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #5974
shank0668

Quote:
Really? I was thinking the chrome moly whatever was a fancy way to say its kinda chrome lined but not really haha. Good to know...thanks!!

I also made a boo boo. I'm a student at Auburn University and I'm working full time during the summer down here so I chose a FFL in Auburn but come to find out since I'm a GA resident I can't get the lower transfer done here...soo I'm trying to contact palmetto to get them to change my FFL to one in my hometown in GA. Worst case I called my FFL and they have another shop 40 min away in GA that they said they will take it to if all else fails. I think its dumb and that it shouldn't matter if you have a CCW and its valid in that state. :(

And now that upper is sold out haha I'll wait for it to come back cause thats just about exactly what I want I just wish the barrel was stainless steel. I love that silver/black look.
That's a PITA... That really sucks. May be a while to restock.

Where it says Chrome-lined bore, that is chrome lined barrel. The chrome moly is the actual material the barrel is made of/added into the steal.
Sounds like you may just want to wait and save up for a SS barrel.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #5975
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Quote:
That's a PITA... That really sucks. May be a while to restock.

Where it says Chrome-lined bore, that is chrome lined barrel. The chrome moly is the actual material the barrel is made of/added into the steal.
Sounds like you may just want to wait and save up for a SS barrel.
Yeah I hate that... I wish I would have known that was chrome lined cause I would have bought it. Hopefully it will come back in stock in a week or so. Til then I'm gonna see how much a SS barreled upper is gonna set me back.

Do you have any retailers online that you prefer? I really only have been going on palmetto and rock river cause its so easy to use. I tried to google search some online retailers but didn't have much luck.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #5976
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Got in touch with PSA compliance department. They are apparently transitioning software and couldn't change my FFL but assured me that no orders were being sent out today-monday due to the change in software so i could call back monday around lunch and have my FFL changed before it gets shipped out next week.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #5977
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Yeah I hate that... I wish I would have known that was chrome lined cause I would have bought it. Hopefully it will come back in stock in a week or so.
I don't know about them but other companies right now are back logged for a few months.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #5978
shank0668

Quote:
Yeah I hate that... I wish I would have known that was chrome lined cause I would have bought it. Hopefully it will come back in stock in a week or so. Til then I'm gonna see how much a SS barreled upper is gonna set me back.

Do you have any retailers online that you prefer? I really only have been going on palmetto and rock river cause its so easy to use. I tried to google search some online retailers but didn't have much luck.
Check some of the AR forums, your states armslist. I bought most of my stuff through Palmetto though.
Also
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/default.asp

Tags
camaro gun