Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #71
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
I would like to share my view as a "kid" who also lucky enough to be able to drive nice cars at young age.

Most people didn't grow up with fast cars or really nice things. When they dreamed about having a fast car when they were younger ,they thought up all the fun they would have. But at least for me i grow up around nicer foods, clothes and cars etc. Really its like the normal for me. So its not a HUGE deal to see me driving a Zl1 camaro at my current age (21). I respect it and know its not worth being stupid. Know if i were to give a Zl1 to some of my friends they would probably be reckless.

I would say most young people probably couldn't handle at car like this, but like i always say. I am not your average young person. Hell, you would find me messing around with my car more than going out to a party. So you gotta ask your self are you the typical 21 year old ?
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #72
GYac

Drives: 2010 2SS
dude who cares, do what you wanna do. Why do you care what other people say.

GL
Old 04-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #73
Genob4c

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
I can't believe this has gone 3 pages.

I'm getting DeJaVu. I recall the "oil field worker" answer in another thread about buying a ZL1. Is this Groundhog Day?

Former:
2013 ZL1 Vert – Crystal Red
1978 Corvette Pace Car
1969 Pace Car
1969 Z/28 – Cortez Silver, 1974 LT/Z28 Blue
1974 Z28 Dark Green , 1976 Camaro Type LT – Black
1980 Z28 – Charcoal, 1981 Z28 – Dark Blue
1981 Z28 – Claret, 1982 Pace Car
1986 IROC – Red, 1993 Z28 – Red
1996 Z28 vert, 1998 Z28 Dk Blue
2002 B4C 2004 Vette – LeMans Blue
2008 Vette - CRT
2011 Camaro Pace Car
Genob4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #74
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Screw the car. Start socking all that money into a high interest savings account and other investments. In 10 years, you'll thank me when you can pay cash for a house and a new car. I'm 32, I've been 21 before.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #75
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
I stopped reading after the first page but just wanted to get a quick point accross.

1st. Times are changing and young people like myself and this kid have new ways to earn money quickly that wern't available years ago. I now have enough money to buy the new C7 Stingray and plan on doing so in less than a year.

2nd. There are many responsible young adults just like there are many responsible older adults. So don't assume that you shouldn't have a certain type of car just because of your age.

Good luck and enjoy your new ZL1!!!!
Nate GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #76
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
well, by know you've gotten comments and advice from a wide range of points of view.

Pros and cons from the financial side, from the insurance angle, from the 'too much power', angle, from older people, and younger people etc.
Youve heard from people that have a ZL1 and from others that don't

Only you can digest all that's been said and determine what to do.
We don't know you, only you do.

No matter what your decision is......

be carefull out there.
the decision is your's alone.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #77
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I don't quite get the "doesn't deserve it" comments if what the OP says is true. In the U.S., at least for now, if you can pay for a car yourself, you can own it. Additionally, I also feel if you buy a car, and you are responsible, you get your OWN insurance as well.

There's no stupidity check at the door of the dealership. The dealer will take your money regardless if it's a Cruze or a ZL1, I'm almost sure of that. The only time I get a bit uneasy is when I read the comments of the mommy/daddy purchases and the feeling of entitlement.

If you can afford it, then buy it. Know that it IS a street monster. While they can be fun, they can be extremely dangerous. Learn how to tame the monster, don't just say you're responsible; BE responsible, and then have fun. You can tell your grandkids about how you had this really cool car back when you were 21.

But like others have said, if you're getting paid a lot now, don't blow it all. Start a savings program that you'll stick too (automatic paycheck deductions work wonders cuz you never miss it) PLUS a 401K or Roth IRA, etc. Keep investing for the next 20 years at least and when you retire you'll have more money than you can spend (unless you're married- she'll find a way).

You need to find a balance between saving and enjoying the fruits of your labor right now. You don't want to be the one living paycheck to paycheck with mountains of debt later on.

There's my "old man" advice to the young buck.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #78
Arob
Xxcamar0-vettexX

Drives: Red with black hood hockey stripes
People are dumbasses
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #79
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_beltran805 View Post
I see you own a ZL1 , is it too much power? BTW Im not gonna be a reckless driver I don't want my Class A license taken away
I think thats what they all say. Just saying.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #80
Vangres
Timed Rage

Drives: Mercedes Benz 300 C sport
Get a Ferrari like Justin Beaver
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #81
SPAS-12
chevyholic

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss rs package
BUY IT, DRIVE IT, SMOKE IT, AND DONT FORGET TO SHOW THEM HATERS:thumb up: when u buy it from chevy u mustn't worry about safety
Attached Images

SPAS-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #82
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroptopZ View Post
FYi, you can't insure a car you don't own. It's material misrepresentation, and if you get into an accident your insurance can and will deny the claim--there goes $60 grand.

People do this all the time, lie to get the car insured and then are pissed when it's not covered. Trust me, I work claims. If you are both on the title, fine, but you have to be a resident of the household and he has to be on the title to have a right to insure the car.
My insurance company said as long as i give permission to drive vehicle is covered. How likely is that?
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #83
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_beltran805 View Post
say a ZL1 is too much car to handle for a 20 year old? I plan on getting one later in the year by thn i'll be 21 , BUT why does everyone say that ? What do you mean by that? By saying is too much power to handle do you mean I wont be able to control it? Someone answer ... last but not least no my parents are not buying me anything , I make pretty good money BUT I will put the insurance under my dads name .
Dude...DO IT!

I wouldn't be listening to one damn fool about what vehicle they think I should or shouldn't get. If you got the cabbage man you buy that car and don't waste a second doing it.

But to answer your question I imagine most would rather see young drivers get more experience before buying a powerful car. You can of course be smart about it and drive Miss Daisy for a while until you get to know your new ride inside and out and spend some time talking to ZL1 owners here at Camaro5 to be a step ahead on the good vs. the bad in certain conditions.

You'll find the ZL1 crowd to be psychotic, a bit chatty, and they really like cheap whiskey, but they are a helpful bunch. They are the Charlie Sheen's of the Camaro Universe.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #84
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
In before the