Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #15
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Injen long tube, love it.
Injen gets much respect from everybody they don't even market themselves like the others they already know there the shhhhhhh. I was a little wary of the water thing tho I can't lie. Varam would have took Over the whole market with LFX but let's not go there to many sore wounds.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #16
BlueRayLFX

Drives: BRM 2LT RS "Mara"
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Injen gets much respect from everybody they don't even market themselves like the others they already know there the shhhhhhh. I was a little wary of the water thing tho I can't lie. Varam would have took Over the whole market with LFX but let's not go there to many sore wounds.
i was a little worried about the water too, but honestly its a non-issue. the only way the injen is sucking water is if you completely submerge it* and im never going thru that dfeep of water. i drive in and out of the city everyday, so unfortunately i have to go thru puddles sometimes. ive gone thru probably 6-8inch deep puddles and been perfectly fine. also, the underpass by my house floods, so i have no choice but going thru it (or leaving the car on the main road. lol) and ive been fine. i have the hydro-sock just in case, but i love the injen.

*there was a person on here who hydro-locked the engine using the injen, but i believe they took off the wheel well completely to allow for more air, and it got soaked that way.. so, basically.. dont do that. lol. i have sprayed the hose on the car and into the grille every which way seeing if i could get it wet, and it never gets even a drop on it from the hose. so rest easy for those considering the injen intake

VMAX Ported throttle body
APEX catch can
Injen long tube CAI
MRT v2 exhaust with resonated X
Solo High Flow Cats
JacFAB Ported manifold
JacFAB "Extendolator"
Vitesse Throttle controller
BlueRayLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #17
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRayLFX View Post
i was a little worried about the water too, but honestly its a non-issue. the only way the injen is sucking water is if you completely submerge it* and im never going thru that dfeep of water. i drive in and out of the city everyday, so unfortunately i have to go thru puddles sometimes. ive gone thru probably 6-8inch deep puddles and been perfectly fine. also, the underpass by my house floods, so i have no choice but going thru it (or leaving the car on the main road. lol) and ive been fine. i have the hydro-sock just in case, but i love the injen.

*there was a person on here who hydro-locked the engine using the injen, but i believe they took off the wheel well completely to allow for more air, and it got soaked that way.. so, basically.. dont do that. lol. i have sprayed the hose on the car and into the grille every which way seeing if i could get it wet, and it never gets even a drop on it from the hose. so rest easy for those considering the injen intake

Thanks got a vid ?????
Old 01-02-2015, 05:53 PM   #18
AshenGreyLFX

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey 1LS
Got the Injen Short ram for $291 shipped after doing some online research. Best pass on the car to date was a 14.1 @ 98-99 mph with stock BF Goodrich all terrains on the 18" alloys. (Note: this was with a 6 speed manual) Before i got the intake, i was averaging 14.4-14.7 1/4 mile times. The mid range from 4-6500 rpm really woke up and i even saw some decent 60' times as well. Best 60' was a 2.070 when i was getting 2.15-2.20. No matter what you get, you will love the growl from under the hood when in 2nd gear. ;-)
Old 01-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #19
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenGreyLFX View Post
Got the Injen Short ram for $291 shipped after doing some online research. Best pass on the car to date was a 14.1 @ 98-99 mph with stock BF Goodrich all terrains on the 18" alloys. (Note: this was with a 6 speed manual) Before i got the intake, i was averaging 14.4-14.7 1/4 mile times. The mid range from 4-6500 rpm really woke up and i even saw some decent 60' times as well. Best 60' was a 2.070 when i was getting 2.15-2.20. No matter what you get, you will love the growl from under the hood when in 2nd gear. ;-)
Can a brotha get a vid from a. LFX injen intake please lol
That's the only intake I would probably trade mine for or sell. ????
Old 01-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #20
AshenGreyLFX

I only got the short ram, but i can take some video on sunday at the track, Unless you just want a basic video with acceleration.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #21
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenGreyLFX View Post
I only got the short ram, but i can take some video on sunday at the track, Unless you just want a basic video with

acceleration.

Let's hear it with basic acceleration beggars can't be choosy
Old 01-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #22
AshenGreyLFX

alright, should have a video for you in a little bit, gotta go do a beer run anyways. :-)
Old 01-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #23
Lateralus754

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387356

Vitesse Throttle Controller
Elite Catch Can
Solo Match-X-LFX Cat Back Exhaust
Cold Air Inductions CAI
Lateralus754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #24
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
I went with the CAI inc unit and have not regretted it since installation. Gives the engine a bit more grunt and there was a noticeable improvement to performance. The materials (ceramic coated tube, insulated air box, cover with window and quarter turn screws, etc) and quality of workmanship is awsome. Not to mention, it looks awsome under the hood.

LOVE MY CAI INC INTAKE!
SliverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #25
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I liked my roto-fab when I had it. I thought it was the best looking of all the cold air intakes. and it was color matched. I was afraid of the CAI brand because it had that plastic window and I thought it would look like crap after a year or so. Cant really go wrong with either one though.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #26
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I liked my roto-fab when I had it. I thought it was the best looking of all the cold air intakes. and it was color matched. I was afraid of the CAI brand because it had that plastic window and I thought it would look like crap after a year or so. Cant really go wrong with either one though.
What do u have now
Old 01-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #27
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
What do u have now
Filters on turbos!

I've never heard anything but the rotofab so I can't really compare it to anything else but I've heard that rotofab is the loudest. I loved mine.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:54 PM   #28
AshenGreyLFX

Here's the video from my beer run. My first to second gear shift scared me as i thought the phone was about to fly into my face. I taped it to the windshield with some packing tape and hit play. I'm a bit surprised at the way it came out, to be honest. haha

http://youtu.be/SEbCRDrx15E?t=39s