Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 09-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #29
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
My tires arrived on Monday. I had them installed yesterday and have to say what a difference it made! I am pleased with them in every aspect. The car feels like it handles and grips the road a lot better.

Before 305's & After 315's...
I'd be more curious to see what they're like at the ZL1's power level. If i'm reading your sig right you have a v6, big difference in power and suspension (i'm not sure what mods you have done so forgive me if I'm missing something) They do look great though!
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:30 PM   #30
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
I'd be more curious to see what they're like at the ZL1's power level. If i'm reading your sig right you have a v6, big difference in power and suspension (i'm not sure what mods you have done so forgive me if I'm missing something) They do look great though!
I can understand your curiosity based on my sig and you are correct its a v6 model. However I am sure these tires would do well on a ZL1's power level. As far as my mods go, when I purchased the car from a forum member, he had installed the ZL1's appearance package along with ZL1 springs. As far as performance goes, it has the K&N CAI and Flowmaster Thunder Catback exhaust. I do not plan to do much to the car since I will be in the market for a 14-15 Z/28 a few years from now. Thanks for the compliment though!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #31
Pogoattack84
Shred Till I'm Dead

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White
Quote:
I can understand your curiosity based on my sig and you are correct its a v6 model. However I am sure these tires would do well on a ZL1's power level. As far as my mods go, when I purchased the car from a forum member, he had installed the ZL1's appearance package along with ZL1 springs. As far as performance goes, it has the K&N CAI and Flowmaster Thunder Catback exhaust. I do not plan to do much to the car since I will be in the market for a 14-15 Z/28 a few years from now. Thanks for the compliment though!
I didnt even notice it wasnt a ZL1, that apperance package worked on me.

Mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Works 3" Exhaust, 1-7/8" Stainless Works LT Headers, 2.55 Griptec Upper, Metco Damper, 9.1" Metco Lower Ring, Metco Solid Isolator, Metco Idler Relocation Bracket/50mm Idler, Texas Speed Heads/Pushrods/Springs/Retainers/SS Valves/Custom Grind Cam, ARP Bolt Kit, DMS Auxiliary Fuel Pump Kit With Flex Fuel Sensor, ID1300 Injectors, Lingenfelter Dual Fan HX, Lingenfelter 160 Degree Thermostat, DMS Expansion Tank

Tuned By Matt at Dedicated Motorsports - 750whp on E85 - Mainline Hub Dyno
Pogoattack84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:54 PM   #32
Hippy
Hotwheels

Drives: Hotwheels Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to Hippy
Continental extreme contact. NJ here and these tires have a 30 thousand tread life and 2x stickier than perrelli or Goodyear.
I'm near 700 to the wheel and if these tires are hot it will hook in 2nd..
They have to have heat or they will spin
Normal temps it doesn'thook under full throttle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #33
Nightfall gray ghost

Drives: 2014 ZLI Camaro
Do they protrude past the fenders?
2014 ZL1 with CA I, Ligenfelter ported and polished heads and supercharger, custom hydraulic roller cam, and valves, and springs, 2.55 blower pulley, custom crank pulley, upgraded fuel injectors with booster pump, American Racing long tubes headers with full Borla Atak exhaust system, Autometer digital boost and wide band gauges,custom tune, and some powder coating and airbrushing under the hood for some "splash".
Last dyno, 610whp without nitrous. Nitrous Outlet blower plate system tune: 755 whp on a loaded dyno.
Nightfall gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:18 AM   #34
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall gray ghost View Post
Do they protrude past the fenders?
Not at all. They sit flush with the fender. Same as the 305's

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #35
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Just ordered the Continental Extreme Contact Sport for my Zl1 rims. They should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to the beefy 315 rears since no one seems to carry the 305's in stock and all are on back order. The price tag for the new tires are much more appealing than the rest that are out there with a shorter tread life span.
I like the appearance package. Hood and front grill changed out too?

My 2cents on the 315s, I like the wider tire. The extra contact patch will hook better, and help in case I'm parallel parking and won't destroy my rare wheels. And I really like how they look with the sidewall past the rim bulge. Might not be worth it, but I'll pay an extra $150 a tire now if I have to, to stay with 315's.
The firehawks were my consideration for a value replacement but I only see them in 305 rears.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #36
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post

My 2cents on the 315s, I like the wider tire. The extra contact patch will hook better, and help in case I'm parallel parking and won't destroy my rare wheels. And I really like how they look with the sidewall past the rim bulge. Might not be worth it, but I'll pay an extra $150 a tire now if I have to, to stay with 315's.
The firehawks were my consideration for a value replacement but I only see them in 305 rears.
Yes the previous owner installed all OEM ZL1 take offs on the car including ZL1 springs.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #37
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post

Quote:
Yes the previous owner installed all OEM ZL1 take offs on the car including ZL1 springs.
New tires look great had them on the 5-spoke ZL1 rims.

Silver sleeper here is the build thread for my old car.

I will be doing the same for my 17 SS Vert.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392689
Old 10-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #38
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
New tires look great had them on the 5-spoke ZL1 rims.

Silver sleeper here is the build thread for my old car.

I will be doing the same for my 17 SS Vert.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392689

Old 11-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #39
Lunacy

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Any recommendations for daily driver tires that DON'T pick up all the rocks/pebbles on the road and spray them down the side of my car .
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #40
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Revisiting this, looking more towards street radials. Considering the NT05's. Was looking at the MT's everyone loves but i keep hearing reports that they bounce around a bit due to a softer sidewall, and would like to have a little more balance. Power goals (for now) are 600-650w
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #41
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post
Any recommendations for daily driver tires that DON'T pick up all the rocks/pebbles on the road and spray them down the side of my car .
Thats the reason I went with continental extreme contact dws06, and I love them fits my needs perfectly. Weekend cruiser that will never see the track or the strip. I just wanted good all around performance and the ability to drive them in cold conditions before the snow flies. I am very very happy with them.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote