Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 11-20-2016, 05:54 PM   #309
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texas View Post
My opinion is if you are seeing any primer through your paint on any major panel it is unacceptable. In my case I have had a service rep personally acknowledge my problem then have their story change after someone higher up told him what to say.
Yes in the end we all bought our cars and drove them off a lot. I don't think any of us who spent $40k+ on a car thought we would have to worry about having missing paint on our vehicles.

Yes exactly how do you sell a car of this level with the paint issues I've seen . Then basically say to your customers it's with in spec yeah ok
Old 11-21-2016, 05:56 PM   #310
camaro1&6

Make sure you check your car before purchasing
Old 11-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #311
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
The paint problems are still abound. I was looking at a Jet Black, that looked hazy under the clear and obviously needed 2 panels repainted, the dealer had no idea what caused it. However, they wouldn't fix it unless I signed the contract, a sucker is born everyday but I am not one. After reading about paint issues, its still going on, and this car was just delivered lol.
Old 11-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #312
Mr. Texas

Drives: 2016 Mosiac Black 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCSRT View Post
The paint problems are still abound. I was looking at a Jet Black, that looked hazy under the clear and obviously needed 2 panels repainted, the dealer had no idea what caused it. However, they wouldn't fix it unless I signed the contract, a sucker is born everyday but I am not one. After reading about paint issues, its still going on, and this car was just delivered lol.
I have hazy spots as well but honestly don't notice them since I'm caught up on the brown spots on my car lol
Old 12-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #313
camaro1&6

BUYERS BEWARE 2.0!!

I Purchased my 2SS on December 12 , I didn't follow the procedure of fully checking over my Car , I have a Thread
( I'm so pissed ) in the warranty problem category. After months of going back and forth, The dealership and chevrolet have decided to not trade my car for a properly painted 50k sticker sports car. Now they want me to take or leave them repainting my car and me losing my warranty for the paint .
Don't just assume like I did that your car is what it should be!!. Be aware that this is a mass production vehicle and people just don't always do their job. Also the Dealership and Chevrolet don't stand by their customers and the product, if you sign the contract and then find something wrong they will not completely stand by their product and do the right thing. This is my 2nd Vehicle in a year that I've had nothing but problems with , I'm ashamed to say that I've been a long standing customer and have supported Chevrolet and other GM products since I was able to Drive SOO ,,,, Buyers BEWARE!!!!! 2.0

Old 12-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #314
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Sorry this happened to you!

This really sucks....................

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Old 12-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #315
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
I can appreciate you are upset and bothered by your situation but do you have to keep bringing up the same thing over and over in various threads.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #316
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Yeah, REALLY old news........
Old 12-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #317
camaro1&6

Im sorry lol, I just thought it would good for other to see what has happened if you don't like it you don't have to read it obviously if it's old news why do you waste your time to read it ,, oh yeah it's celebration time I won
Old 12-21-2016, 04:31 PM   #318
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
What happened any updates? I remember reading the other thread but I havent been here for a few weeks.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #319
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
Mine was $47K

Bought it on November 17th, on the 21st I had it clear bra'd and tinted... On the 28th I took it in for paint defects on both quarter panels (white spots in the clear coat) and to fix the door rattles (when bass hits [it had 397 miles]).

They ended up outsourcing the paint defects to a nearby body shop who repainted the quarter panels all the way to the A-Pillars, the Trunk lid, spoiler and entire roof. Removing the clear bra on the quarter panels, fuel door (weird), A pillars and roof... The service writer asked for the receipt from the clear bra and forwarded it to GM for a claim, so I might be getting reimbursed for it.

I picked up the car 2 weeks later on the 14th... So far the paint looks great, I pointed out 3 spots of dust in the paint but they said don't worry about it until after 30 days when I bring it back for a final coat of sealant as they're going to wet sand the entire areas down to clear up a little bit of orange peel and get rid of those imperfections. I still have a warranty that covers the paint...

I actually even just went to the dealership yesterday to have them look at a hole on the side of the passenger seat, they'll cover it under warranty and my appointment is on the 16th to have the final paint repairs done.

Doesn't seem so bad to have the car repainted, Just a bit of an inconvenience since I can't wash it for 30 days and have to wait to reapply the clear bra... But the 2 weeks I was out of my 2SS, They tried to be nice and gave me a brand new 1LT to roll around in.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:40 PM   #320
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
Im sorry lol, I just thought it would good for other to see what has happened if you don't like it you don't have to read it obviously if it's old news why do you waste your time to read it ,, oh yeah it's celebration time I won
Lol if you won you'd be enjoying your car like the rest of us instead of complaining. (mic drop). Sorry to spoil the celebration. Lol
Old 12-21-2016, 07:12 PM   #321
camaro1&6

Nope I won't be driving my car , sorry your not dropping the mic and making me feel bad because in a few weeks I will no longer own my camaro and believe me when I say I could careless about enjoying a car that is a lemon and will soon be deemed appreciate , So no worries my feelings won't be hurt when I'm driving around next summer in my 67 Camaro with a big smile and no payments and all my money back ,,, So enjoy your thin painted cars I will never buy a new sports car again
Old 12-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #322
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam2SS View Post
Mine was $47K

Bought it on November 17th, on the 21st I had it clear bra'd and tinted... On the 28th I took it in for paint defects on both quarter panels (white spots in the clear coat) and to fix the door rattles (when bass hits [it had 397 miles]).

They ended up outsourcing the paint defects to a nearby body shop who repainted the quarter panels all the way to the A-Pillars, the Trunk lid, spoiler and entire roof. Removing the clear bra on the quarter panels, fuel door (weird), A pillars and roof... The service writer asked for the receipt from the clear bra and forwarded it to GM for a claim, so I might be getting reimbursed for it.

I picked up the car 2 weeks later on the 14th... So far the paint looks great, I pointed out 3 spots of dust in the paint but they said don't worry about it until after 30 days when I bring it back for a final coat of sealant as they're going to wet sand the entire areas down to clear up a little bit of orange peel and get rid of those imperfections. I still have a warranty that covers the paint...

I actually even just went to the dealership yesterday to have them look at a hole on the side of the passenger seat, they'll cover it under warranty and my appointment is on the 16th to have the final paint repairs done.

Doesn't seem so bad to have the car repainted, Just a bit of an inconvenience since I can't wash it for 30 days and have to wait to reapply the clear bra... But the 2 weeks I was out of my 2SS, They tried to be nice and gave me a brand new 1LT to roll around in.
I hope everything works out and your happy,

Closed Thread