Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-30-2016, 07:11 AM   #43
Sub

Drives: 2017 ZL1
What percent of 2016 cars have this issue? Are any of the defects outside, or just in the door and trunk jams?
Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #44
camaroalltheway

Drives: 2SS convert,Mosaic Black,MRC,NPP
Hi Everyone. I am new to the forum. I purchased a 2016 mosaic black convertible sight unseen last week. Haven't seen he car yet. From the carfax it looks like the dealer took delivery early May 2016. I dont have a TPW date. Can anyone tell me if this car would have come off the line during or after any of the paint issues discussed on this forum ? Regards
camaroalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #45
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
I'm hopful to be able to post some video of my car this weekend with the holidays and work it hasn't been on my priority list . But I've seen a continuous situation with this color across the board inside and out side some owners just don't either want to see it , care to see it , or they just don't know where and how to look for it . If you have serious worries about your purchase or future purchase you can PM me and I will give you my phone number so I can explain, , my car was documented to have the need for a full repaint by a certified GM, BMW, Porsche ect ect .m. That was recommended by a Chevrolet Dealer to have Look at
camaro1&6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #46
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbracing View Post
Photobucket is acting flaky for me right now, or I would upload the photos I took yesterday in the sun, but I still do not see anything like what you have on your car. Working in Quality for the past 28 years so I know, and would not accept, sub par workmanship...

As soon as I can get Photobucket to work, I will add pictures.
I'm still interested in seeing the pictures you said you would post of your car , Put your car in the dark and put a light to the edges of your hood , around the recessed ledge around your windshield, down the drip edge of the roof where the weld is , inside the door handle you'll find out
Old 12-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #47
camaroalltheway

Thank you for your response. If I do see issues with my paint upon delivery (payment has already been received), would you happen to know my options for accepting delivery on the car? If I don't accept it, are they required by law to fix it before i accept it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
I'm hopful to be able to post some video of my car this weekend with the holidays and work it hasn't been on my priority list . But I've seen a continuous situation with this color across the board inside and out side some owners just don't either want to see it , care to see it , or they just don't know where and how to look for it . If you have serious worries about your purchase or future purchase you can PM me and I will give you my phone number so I can explain, , my car was documented to have the need for a full repaint by a certified GM, BMW, Porsche ect ect .m. That was recommended by a Chevrolet Dealer to have Look at
Old 12-20-2016, 07:24 PM   #48
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroalltheway View Post
Thank you for your response. If I do see issues with my paint upon delivery (payment has already been received), would you happen to know my options for accepting delivery on the car? If I don't accept it, are they required by law to fix it before i accept it ?
I'm sorry been very busy with the holiday season, I wouldn't take it if it has issues obviously I might be 2 late hopefully your car is good
Old 12-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #49
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
I have a Mosiac Black car that was built in March and have no paint defects. I guess either I am one of the lucky ones or the boards point out the few cars with issues.
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:45 PM   #50
tcbracing

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
I'm still interested in seeing the pictures you said you would post of your car , Put your car in the dark and put a light to the edges of your hood , around the recessed ledge around your windshield, down the drip edge of the roof where the weld is , inside the door handle you'll find out
Here are the pictures from the trunk...

2SS Convertible, Mosaic Black, Red Hashmark, Adrenaline Red Interior, A8, NPP, MRC, 56R Wheels

6/6/2016 Dealer entered order
6/7/2016 Received order # TMXWV0 - Status 1100
6/11/2016 Status 3000
6/22/2016 Status 3400 - TPW 6/27
6/29/2016 My car is born!!
7/13/2016 Status 4300
7/14/2016 Status 4B00
7/18/2016 Status 4200
7/25/2016 Status 4800
7/29/2016 Status 5000 - Drove home!!
tcbracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #51
camaroalltheway

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroalltheway View Post
Thank you for getting back to me. I didn't notice any mosaic black issues upon pickup the car - good coverage throughout body, truck, and engine area. I have once noticed a slight gold base coat showing through on the convertible tonneau when filling up with gas at night but will have to keep an eye on it.