Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-16-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
Steve2150

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Hot
Chevrolet Customer Service

Was on the phone with customer service concerning my dealer, the young lady was being totally helpful but put me on hold to further check on my question and we were disconnected. Called back asked for her but the rep said he could help me, basically he was less helpful then a rock. I asked for a supervisor and his reply none there he will help me. What did he do he called the dealer whom my problem was with, so all he was is an transferrer, I told him on the 3 way call he was totally useless. Guess some customer services reps do really try and help and some are there to just sit and keep their chair from walking away. Gonna do a search and find out if there is a corporate customer service. When I had my 2013 Camaro I did get in touch with GM corporate customer service and she was extremely helpful in solving my problem. In fact when I also bought an Caddy ELR new that was having numerous problems at the dealership including repainting, trim, mechanical problems I found her number and she helped in getting it exchanged from another dealer. Regular customer service is basically there to act like they are helping unless you get a good one and are lucky.
Steve2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:50 AM   #2
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
The customer service reps all work in the same bull pen in the GM Building on Jefferson. Each has their own specialty, say Corvette for one and Silverdo for another. I estimate about forty altogether divided over two shifts six days a week. When you find a good one who has your vehicle line stick with that one as GM does make an effort to match agent with vehicle line interest. I can not imagine someone interested in trucks competently responding to a Camaro inquiry.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2150 View Post
Was on the phone with customer service concerning my dealer, the young lady was being totally helpful but put me on hold to further check on my question and we were disconnected. Called back asked for her but the rep said he could help me, basically he was less helpful then a rock. I asked for a supervisor and his reply none there he will help me. What did he do he called the dealer whom my problem was with, so all he was is an transferrer, I told him on the 3 way call he was totally useless. Guess some customer services reps do really try and help and some are there to just sit and keep their chair from walking away. Gonna do a search and find out if there is a corporate customer service. When I had my 2013 Camaro I did get in touch with GM corporate customer service and she was extremely helpful in solving my problem. In fact when I also bought an Caddy ELR new that was having numerous problems at the dealership including repainting, trim, mechanical problems I found her number and she helped in getting it exchanged from another dealer. Regular customer service is basically there to act like they are helping unless you get a good one and are lucky.
Hi Steve2150,

We’re sorry to hear of this situation as we want each customer to have the most seamless interaction with us. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your concern and further research your case. Please send us a private message with your VIN or case number at your convenience.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Somebody is watching us
Old 11-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Chevrolet "Customer Service" is useless. I've been trying to get help from them and they refuse to provide any. Now I have to get the better business bureau involves, maybe the media and eventually maybe a lawyer all because Chevrolet has no "Customer Service".

So having said that, good luck getting any help from them! All they do is spew the company line.
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 10:51 AM   #6
Spanky1

Drives: 2017 2SS Summit White Camaro M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
Chevrolet "Customer Service" is useless. I've been trying to get help from them and they refuse to provide any. Now I have to get the better business bureau involves, maybe the media and eventually maybe a lawyer all because Chevrolet has no "Customer Service".

So having said that, good luck getting any help from them! All they do is spew the company line.
Customer Service do you have a response to that?
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:16 AM   #7
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I have had good luck with customer service..changed out my buick regal manual turbo lemon to gmc sierra..they are slow but careful..if you go legal they won't or can't help..sorry hope someone gives you a hand
Old 11-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #8
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:

Something happen with your 50th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2016, 11:44 AM   #9
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Not criticizing anyone here but I manage a service dept. and as soon as you take an aggressive tone you're chances of getting good service diminish exponentially. A humble attitude and please and thank you go a long, long way. No one want's to listen to someone they've never met bitch and yell at them for something they didn't do.
And yes, mention lawyer and the conversation is over. Lets all lawyer up and see who has the best legal team.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:00 PM   #10
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Not criticizing anyone here but I manage a service dept. and as soon as you take an aggressive tone you're chances of getting good service diminish exponentially. A humble attitude and please and thank you go a long, long way. No one want's to listen to someone they've never met bitch and yell at them for something they didn't do.
And yes, mention lawyer and the conversation is over. Lets all lawyer up and see who has the best legal team.
Never understood this mentality... I'd much rather have a pleasant conversation regardless of the outcome; it actually gets me mad when people do this... It's like they figure the worker has no choice but to stand there and take it; I'd never make it in customer service and respect the people that do it daily (I'd be fired first day for smacking some loud mouth's head off the counter )
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #11
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Never understood this mentality... I'd much rather have a pleasant conversation regardless of the outcome; it actually gets me mad when people do this... It's like they figure the worker has no choice but to stand there and take it; I'd never make it in customer service and respect the people that do it daily (I'd be fired first day for smacking some loud mouth's head off the counter )
I'm telling you man there are some absolutely horrible human beings out there. People that call me and are humble and polite I bend over backwards to make sure they know how much I appreciate it.
Oh and I'd be fired too if any of these people showed up and talked to my face the way they do on the phone. One guy started to flip out once in our office and to my boss's credit he threw him out and told him he didn't need his money. Gave him a full refund while he stood outside lol.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #12
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Treat others how you want to be treated. It's as simple as that.

9 times out of 10 you treat people with respect and empathize with them the outcome will be what you want it to be. Some times you get that 'type A' person that nothing you do will work and they don't care about others, but the vast majority of the time people just don't want to feel bad about themselves or what they do.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #13
Steve2150

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Hot
Quote:

Email the CEO Mary Barra, when I did with my previous car I got a call from corporate customer service who handled my probkem. All regular cuatomer service does is contact the dealer the same way we can. The dealer could care less about a call from regular customer service but from executive corporate customer service gets things moving as they honestly do research not just go by the dealer to placate the customer.
Steve2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 01:07 PM   #14
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2150 View Post
Email the CEO Mary Barra, when I did with my previous car I got a call from corporate customer service who handled my probkem. All regular cuatomer service does is contact the dealer the same way we can. The dealer could care less about a call from regular customer service but from executive corporate customer service gets things moving as they honestly do research not just go by the dealer to placate the customer.

I really don't think that helps much , it does depend on your situation, I would imagine. I sent a email to her and received no help , I really feel that there is a standard protocol that they do for everyone. Every time ive seen a customer service rep reply on here it's the same paragraph .
camaro1&6 is offline   Reply With Quote