Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 11-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #295
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Just wanted revive this thread still seeing and getting contact from fellow Camaro buyers getting sub part cars
Old 11-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #296
camaro1&6

Paint issues contact me this isn't right
Old 11-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #297
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
So...do u still have your car?
Old 11-13-2016, 02:53 PM   #298
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
What ever happened with this?
Old 11-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #299
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
Every time I post on here this thread seems to plummet off , I feel there is a insider that controls this site and doesn't want to see negative feedback, does anyone know is this possible
That's because you posted in the wrong section. Moved, so it can be easily found.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:28 PM   #300
camaro1&6

Have a lawyer in place

They wanted to paint my car and take my factory warranty away over 10k the GM shop estimated
Old 11-13-2016, 05:30 PM   #301
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
So...do u still have your car?
Unfortunately yes

Im going to do a video and post just had to do so much to get the paperwork and start the lemon law lawsuit.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:29 PM   #302
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
So like a few others this will be interesting. They paint their product to their apparent standards and the consumer isn't happy with it yet he bought the car. The consumer challenged the quality of the paint that they approved from their production line and expects it to be upgraded to meet his standards and expectations.

Yeah, this will be interesting. BTW consumer here can be anyone so don't take it personally.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:46 PM   #303
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
So like a few others this will be interesting. They paint their product to their apparent standards and the consumer isn't happy with it yet he bought the car. The consumer challenged the quality of the paint that they approved from their production line and expects it to be upgraded to meet his standards and expectations.

Yeah, this will be interesting. BTW consumer here can be anyone so don't take it personally.
No offense taken , this issue is a thin paint issue when you look at the car from a distance you really can't see anything, But when the sunlight or if your in the dark and the light hits the spots is when you notice. But you have the right to your opinion and I completely understand and respect it , I don't expect everyone agree But I do have a estimate for a complete repaint over 10k who would expect it be the way it is , I ordered my car and like many others watched with much curiosity the build process close so when the car came in , I was over eager and didn't get a great look at my car until it was in my garage about 2 weeks after purchasing, so yeah I guess I should have went over my 50k camaro with a special 2500$ light to check for proper paint coverage, like the gm body shop did that gave me a 10k estimate. I'm sorry for the sarcasm lol

The picture on my profile is my car the day of purchase so you can see that it doesn't look bad from a distance, also its obvious that there is a problem with the Mosiac black since there has been quite a few that have had issues, my purpose is to help others not make the same mistake I did and just assume GM paints their cars properly
Old 11-14-2016, 05:17 PM   #304
nbryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
No offense taken , this issue is a thin paint issue when you look at the car from a distance you really can't see anything, But when the sunlight or if your in the dark and the light hits the spots is when you notice. But you have the right to your opinion and I completely understand and respect it , I don't expect everyone agree But I do have a estimate for a complete repaint over 10k who would expect it be the way it is , I ordered my car and like many others watched with much curiosity the build process close so when the car came in , I was over eager and didn't get a great look at my car until it was in my garage about 2 weeks after purchasing, so yeah I guess I should have went over my 50k camaro with a special 2500$ light to check for proper paint coverage, like the gm body shop did that gave me a 10k estimate. I'm sorry for the sarcasm lol

The picture on my profile is my car the day of purchase so you can see that it doesn't look bad from a distance, also its obvious that there is a problem with the Mosiac black since there has been quite a few that have had issues, my purpose is to help others not make the same mistake I did and just assume GM paints their cars properly

I agree that the paint does leave lots to be desired and seems to have been applied as sparingly as possible to no doubt save on production cost. I just think the issue here really will boil down to the consumers opinion versus their internally approved manufacturing process. I don't think there is anything anywhere that says a commercial vehicles paint application must meet a specific thickness or overall coverage.

That being said some here have had issues with various points in the paint on their vehicles and are trying to get them corrected. I have a couple of "dust" particles in mine and run drips on the inside of the hood. Am I happy about it, no, but have resigned myself to it being poor quality control on their part and I have moved on realizing it isn't worth the effort.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:25 PM   #305
pizokk1

Drives: -17 hyper blue 1ss black rims
lemon law!!! here in cali this is a very helpful law!!!
Old 11-15-2016, 10:48 AM   #306
Mr. Texas

Drives: 2016 Mosiac Black 2SS A8
Dust particles I could live with. Imagine your beautiful red car has a black shade over the rear fenders. That's kind of what we are dealing with when are black cars have brown spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbryant View Post
I agree that the paint does leave lots to be desired and seems to have been applied as sparingly as possible to no doubt save on production cost. I just think the issue here really will boil down to the consumers opinion versus their internally approved manufacturing process. I don't think there is anything anywhere that says a commercial vehicles paint application must meet a specific thickness or overall coverage.

That being said some here have had issues with various points in the paint on their vehicles and are trying to get them corrected. I have a couple of "dust" particles in mine and run drips on the inside of the hood. Am I happy about it, no, but have resigned myself to it being poor quality control on their part and I have moved on realizing it isn't worth the effort.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:24 PM   #307
nbryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texas View Post
Dust particles I could live with. Imagine your beautiful red car has a black shade over the rear fenders. That's kind of what we are dealing with when are black cars have brown spots.
That I can appreciate and understand. There are noted issues that need to be investigated and corrected where necessary.

Again my point is more to some of the other complaints regarding paint coverage, thickness, etc. How do you challenge that part of the process that is one that as the manufacturer they accept? As I noted, I don't think there is a manufacturing standard that dictates how thick the paint must be or that it must cover every part of the car. Yes, we may think so because we value the money we have spent but in the end we had a choice to not drive it off the lot.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #308
Mr. Texas

Drives: 2016 Mosiac Black 2SS A8
My opinion is if you are seeing any primer through your paint on any major panel it is unacceptable. In my case I have had a service rep personally acknowledge my problem then have their story change after someone higher up told him what to say.
Yes in the end we all bought our cars and drove them off a lot. I don't think any of us who spent $40k+ on a car thought we would have to worry about having missing paint on our vehicles.

Closed Thread