Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-22-2016, 10:12 PM   #1
Camaro100

Drives: Camaro 2016 LT1
Is it the right time to go for free scheduled maintenance for oil change?

It has been 3 months, 1300 miles, Oil life 69% for my 2016LT1 V6. Looking the oil life, i am planning to go to dealership for 1st free maintenance / Oil Change. Is this oil consumption normal. Any additional tips i should discuss with service department?
Camaro100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:15 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
69% is oil life, not consumption, sounds pretty normal , you don't have to change it that early , but if you want to , the dealership should accommodate you. many people change at that Milage.

You will get 1 million opinions here and what is the right first time to change. I change every nine months/year because I don't reach a 5000 mile interval.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #3
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro100 View Post
It has been 3 months, 1300 miles, Oil life 69% for my 2016LT1 V6. Looking the oil life, i am planning to go to dealership for 1st free maintenance / Oil Change. Is this oil consumption normal. Any additional tips i should discuss with service department?
The oil is so good now days, thats over kill..

Once a year is sufficient. Run a true synthetic and forget about it. I had my 14 Coyote Mustang for 3 years, 30k miles and changed the oil 3 times. I ran Amsoil in it though.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:19 PM   #4
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
I got my first free change at 500 miles. Next will be at 5k miles. Not trying to start a war about if I wasted an oil change or not, that's just what I have always done and always will do. You all can do whatever you want
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
I got my first free change at 500 miles. Next will be at 5k miles. Not trying to start a war about if I wasted an oil change or not, that's just what I have always done and always will do. You all can do whatever you want
I agree. I'm at the dealer right now. car has 780 miles, I asked for an oil change, and the service dude looked at me like I"m crazy. I'm also auditioning the service dept, and he agreed to do it, lets see how he takes care of me/my car.

Was hoping to get my CAGs installed by them as well, but judging by the vibe, thats probably a no-go . . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote