Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-30-2020, 07:21 AM   #127
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaSS2 View Post
As an SS guy, I'm almost envious of you as I've recently learned your cars weigh 400lbs less. And that's 400lbs in the front, so no traction penalty, simply easy BRZ-like nose movement. I've seen people push these engines to 600+ WHP with a flat 450+ WTQ curve, which is insane for a car this light. So there's amazing performance potential to be had. At a cheaper entry cost, and it looks like your parts are cheaper than SS parts too.
It's always odd to me how most people seem to think that those who buy the base model Camaros and Mustangs are doing it instead of the V8 models. I'm sure there are many like that, but for me, I preferred the 2.0T and V6 Camaro over the 86 Twins, 370Z, Miata, hot hatches, and maybe a WRX. The biggest drawback people seem to come up with is that the SS exists.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:48 AM   #128
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Bought mine because I couldn't afford the SS at the time, but still wanted a Camaro. Love the car, just need that V8 sound.
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:04 PM   #129
Soggy_fries

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2.0t
I picked up the i4 since I already had a 4th gen V8. Also, when comparing the I4 to the V6 the I4 was the better option in terms of price.
Soggy_fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:01 PM   #130
adman98

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS M6
I had a v6 '17 challenger, which I supercharged and was getting 500 to the wheels, but it was an automatic. The wife wanted to be able to drive it in a pinch. Long story short, wifes suv died-lots of equity in my chally so it got traded in. I wanted another sportscar and the camaro was in my price range. V6-probably would need to supercharge it as well, but this time around my wife would not let me spend 5k for it. So the I4 was a smidgen cheaper and I could perform it quicker and cheaper then the 6. COULD NOT afford the v8----this time. hehe. Although I doubt I'll get a brand new v8 as next yr is their last yr I believe.

But the I4 is very quick with the turbo and I already have the car sounding like a v8, I'll get a sound clip up soon.

I love working on cars and do 90% of it myself-supercharger included. So it's fun driving the turbo, it's fun getting the 0-60 numbers down and I don't care it's a 4. The turbo lets me forget it's a 4. I say go I4 or V8. And between the 4 and 6... I4 ALLLLLLL day long.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:05 PM   #131
Ghost_White

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman98 View Post
I had a v6 '17 challenger, which I supercharged and was getting 500 to the wheels, but it was an automatic. The wife wanted to be able to drive it in a pinch. Long story short, wifes suv died-lots of equity in my chally so it got traded in. I wanted another sportscar and the camaro was in my price range. V6-probably would need to supercharge it as well, but this time around my wife would not let me spend 5k for it. So the I4 was a smidgen cheaper and I could perform it quicker and cheaper then the 6. COULD NOT afford the v8----this time. hehe. Although I doubt I'll get a brand new v8 as next yr is their last yr I believe.

But the I4 is very quick with the turbo and I already have the car sounding like a v8, I'll get a sound clip up soon.

I love working on cars and do 90% of it myself-supercharger included. So it's fun driving the turbo, it's fun getting the 0-60 numbers down and I don't care it's a 4. The turbo lets me forget it's a 4. I say go I4 or V8. And between the 4 and 6... I4 ALLLLLLL day long.
You do know that you can push that little 2.0L up to 350-400hp for little money right? An intercooler, HFC, CAI and a dyno tune and you should be able to get 375hp with reliability. I have a Solstice, which has the grandfather of that 2.0L in it and I'm dyno tuned to 340hp. But I don't have an IC or HFC...just a CAI and IC piping, so thus the reason I'm not up at 375hp. The dyno tuner was telling me you can push 400+ out of the new Camaro 2.0L with about $1500 in work. Don't have the Camaro 2.0L, but do have a Camaro.
Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote