Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-18-2018, 10:07 PM   #57
SSnakeEater

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Update: The car is 90% done. We ran into some issues when we initially went to tune it because I thought that my stock hpfp would be able to keep up but it did not. I also had a throttle controller installed which he was unaware of. So I had to have an lt4 hpfp overnighted from Jannetty. The pump arrived Tuesday and it was damaged. FML. So I had another one shipped out which arrived today. Everything is working great and the tuner is just about finished. The tuner has logged in some serious hours into getting this thing dialed in which could've ultimately been prevented had I just purchased the lt4 pump from the get go. He is going in a couple hours early to finish up so I should have it by tomorrow morning.
SSnakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #58
SSnakeEater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Great question. I hate that someone is done "wrong" and then guys go the extra length to protect the shop. How about put them on blast so others don't make the same mistake. If it was important enough to run to the Forums its important to make sure your Camaro brothers don't get screwed. But hey I guess I can just say "hey its not may car". But then I'd be no better than the asshole shop.
I didn’t create this thread to tarnish anyone’s name or reputation. Those who live locally have reached out to me privately and I’ve spoken to them. I’m not going to publicly shame someone who has their hands all over my car and I don’t have the funds or time to deal with the legalities of getting my car out of there while it’s in pieces. I put my trust in them to get it done and it’s close to completion. Took 2 weeks longer than I expected which I’m not happy about but the wait is almost over. My initial intent was merely to vent because I assumed someone out there has been in a similar situation before. I wasn’t trying to get the shop closed down. The thread blew up and got out of hand which was unexpected. I’m not defending the shop at all. Most of the people that have replied live on the opposite side of the country so it shouldn’t matter to them what the name of the shop is.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:01 PM   #59
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnakeEater View Post
I didn’t create this thread to tarnish anyone’s name or reputation. Those who live locally have reached out to me privately and I’ve spoken to them. I’m not going to publicly shame someone who has their hands all over my car and I don’t have the funds or time to deal with the legalities of getting my car out of there while it’s in pieces. I put my trust in them to get it done and it’s close to completion. Took 2 weeks longer than I expected which I’m not happy about but the wait is almost over. My initial intent was merely to vent because I assumed someone out there has been in a similar situation before. I wasn’t trying to get the shop closed down. The thread blew up and got out of hand which was unexpected. I’m not defending the shop at all. Most of the people that have replied live on the opposite side of the country so it shouldn’t matter to them what the name of the shop is.
How many people have replied to how many times it has been viewed is different. Where are the people who viewed this thread located? Where the company is located isn't important with how many companies now sale parts online and do remote tuning. It goes much deeper than you guy. But hey the forum was here for you when you wanted and needed them and now you want to shit on it. Bottom line if you feel that you were wronged, as others have been by other shops in the past they put their name out there to protect each other. Its not you that is tarnishing their name it is their shitty service and lack of capabilities.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:00 AM   #60
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
How many people have replied to how many times it has been viewed is different. Where are the people who viewed this thread located? Where the company is located isn't important with how many companies now sale parts online and do remote tuning. It goes much deeper than you guy. But hey the forum was here for you when you wanted and needed them and now you want to shit on it. Bottom line if you feel that you were wronged, as others have been by other shops in the past they put their name out there to protect each other. Its not you that is tarnishing their name it is their shitty service and lack of capabilities.
He's shitting on the forum? Take it down a notch. He doesn't want to bad mouth the shop who could very likely have eyes on this forum who also has the fate of his car in their hands.

He doesn't owe you or anyone else on this forum anything. It sounds like the locals PMd him for more information which are the realistic potential customers. I don't think his concern is "protecting" some spun up person from Florida from a relatively small shop in Central California.
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:20 AM   #61
SSnakeEater

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
He's shitting on the forum? Take it down a notch. He doesn't want to bad mouth the shop who could very likely have eyes on this forum who also has the fate of his car in their hands.

He doesn't owe you or anyone else on this forum anything. It sounds like the locals PMd him for more information which are the realistic potential customers. I don't think his concern is "protecting" some spun up person from Florida from a relatively small shop in Central California.
Thank you for understanding.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #62
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post

Your right he does not owe my anything as the OP knows I build my own cars. But he doesn't have to bad mouth the company but stating the FACTS is not a bad idea. Actually it is a great idea. If the company "has eyes on" this forum maybe it will motivate them to do the right thing and in a timely manner. So if they know you are displeased do they not have to do the work? Do they get to charge more? NO they have a job to do and that's it! Spun up. Far from it. I couldn't care much less. If the OP is ok with it. But I hate seeing this type of shit happen to people no matter where it happens. I've given a lot to this forum (and others) as have many others so I feel it is shitty when someone who cant build gets taken advantage of. But I digress OP good luck.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #63
DatBrotato

Drives: '18 SS 1LE M6
IMO this is just a reality you have to accept with alot of shops. They over commit on what they take in/their timelines because they constantly have customers flake.
Ppl find themselves in your situation if you fall into a time slot where they did have a bunch of their customers that did actually come through.

I once had a shop take 8 months to do a motor build that they said would take 3months tops, even though I had made a 70% deposit upfront. Also mind you this was a highly reputable, quality, race proven shop.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #64
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSnakeEater View Post
Thank you for understanding.
You need to do what you need to do for you and your ride. Posting here helps us all understand things to watch out for.

For me, I would never mod my car unless:
1) I had the cash for it
2) I had a second ride
3) I hade 5 to 10K for the inevitable. Look at the twin turbo thread where one of these new fangled lines melted off and boost went to 23 PIS... stuff happens.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:06 PM   #65
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
You need to do what you need to do for you and your ride. Posting here helps us all understand things to watch out for.

For me, I would never mod my car unless:
1) I had the cash for it
2) I had a second ride
3) I hade 5 to 10K for the inevitable. Look at the twin turbo thread where one of these new fangled lines melted off and boost went to 23 PIS... stuff happens.
Exactly!!
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #66
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
The best way to handle this is through pm until he gets his car back, after that this shop should be blasted all over the net. SS is handling it the way he should while this shit hole has is car.

Did you reach out to my buddy SS?
Old 04-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #67
RobC2

Drives: 2023 Tesla Model 3P
Something similar happened to me a while back. The name of the place was Golen's Engine Service in MA. I could write a book. Amazed they are still around. Also, this thread has basically convinced me to give up the idea of adding a supercharger and I will just go with a ZL1 (or Z06) when the time comes. Best of luck to the OP.
RobC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:30 PM   #68
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....

Drives: 2021 M S PLAID, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
10 days without an update.... like to know how it turns out...

Last edited by Cmyskill; 04-29-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:21 PM   #69
Epx998
|Engineer|

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
He's got the car back from the shop and working with Jannetty on a new tune. I think the one done by Stark's tuner has some strange stuff going on.
Epx998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:05 AM   #70
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epx998 View Post
He's got the car back from the shop and working with Jannetty on a new tune. I think the one done by Stark's tuner has some strange stuff going on.
Looks like the problem's may continue...Hope the OP paid by credit card, so he can file a dispute...Hope all works out well...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote