Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
******** Harness Help

I have a 2012 Convertible Camaro with a Boston acoustic system, I'm in the process of installing a: stealth box, alpine type x 10" subwoofer, and alpine amp to power the new sub....my question is, which ******** harness should I be purchasing??

I see:
******** Exclusive 2010 & Up Camaro Plug & Play RCA Output T-Harness For Factory Boston Amp V3.0 *Hot Product*

I also see:
******** Exclusive 2011 & Up Camaro Convertible Factory Amp Replacement Kit

Can someone help me and point me in the correct direction, thanks!!

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
ScottR

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Metallic 2LT RS
The second one is to replace the factory amp. You're not replacing it, correct? Just simply adding a sub and sub amp.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Not at this current time, so basically I would need the second harness if I planned on replacing the factory amp and the door speakers...and the first harness would be for a mono amp and subwoofer?

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
mtmtx

Drives: 2SS/RS convertible, 6M
Send a message via Yahoo to mtmtx
The FARK is used for adding an aftermarket amp. It also deletes the center channel (dash).
Old 08-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

"Adding" as in adding a mono amp for the subwoofer (and keeping the 4 channel amp that powers the door speakers) or as in replacing the 4 channel boston acoustic amp that powers the door speakers. Basically I only need that harness that allows me to add a mono amp for the subs.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Call ********......email him and get it all at once......neber understand why people are so adverse to going to the source and ask multiple questions here.

I did this a month ago, called steve and got everything I needed in one call, custom for me...he's really helpful....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

@Glen E

Can't call the source over the weekend bro (tried calling yesterday prior to this post), plenty of people have this harness so I figured I'd ask on here before placing the order (vs waiting until Monday to call).

*Just a reminder, this section within the forum would be irrelevant if everybody only contacted the source. It's made for trouble shooting and getting feedback from other members if they can't get in touch with the actual manufacture.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #8
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Btw I found the info I need on the ******** site, but thank you for the input guys!!

Old 08-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Just ordered the t harness. Got hung up on the paypal page. Never went back to ******** like ebay does. Just loaded endlessly. Got the paypal payment sent email though, so all should be good.

I tried this thing first. $13 at bestbuy. The sound quality is horrible. barely any sound coming out.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
Lord Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab410 View Post
@Glen E

Can't call the source over the weekend bro (tried calling yesterday prior to this post), plenty of people have this harness so I figured I'd ask on here before placing the order (vs waiting until Monday to call).

*Just a reminder, this section within the forum would be irrelevant if everybody only contacted the source. It's made for trouble shooting and getting feedback from other members if they can't get in touch with the actual manufacture.
Nothing against Steve, probably a great guy. But it's always best to talk to consumers before a salesperson.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #11
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Thanks guys, greatly appreciated

Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
Nothing against Steve, probably a great guy. But it's always best to talk to consumers before a salesperson.
Not probably, I am indeed a great guy I somewhat disagree though. I talk to guys all the time that are so confused because they are hearing 10 different things on what they should do. I don't remotely consider myself a salesperson, but I did invent the thing so I can probably offer some pretty good advice. Some of my customers know the products well enough to answer a lot of questions quickly when I'm not around or whatever. But I still think I am your absolute best source for the straightest answers.

Also, sometimes with paypal, once you hit submit you may need to hit refresh a time or two to make it continue on to the paypal screen. My pc does that even if I just type paypal into the browser url bar.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Not probably, I am indeed a great guy I somewhat disagree though. I talk to guys all the time that are so confused because they are hearing 10 different things on what they should do. I don't remotely consider myself a salesperson, but I did invent the thing so I can probably offer some pretty good advice. Some of my customers know the products well enough to answer a lot of questions but I still think I am your absolute best source.
exactly why I said it in the 1st place...it's a specialized piece...call the source....

Last edited by Glen e; 08-25-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #14
Lord Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
Not probably, I am indeed a great guy I somewhat disagree though. I talk to guys all the time that are so confused because they are hearing 10 different things on what they should do. I don't remotely consider myself a salesperson, but I did invent the thing so I can probably offer some pretty good advice. Some of my customers know the products well enough to answer a lot of questions quickly when I'm not around or whatever. But I still think I am your absolute best source for the straightest answers.

Also, sometimes with paypal, once you hit submit you may need to hit refresh a time or two to make it continue on to the paypal screen. My pc does that even if I just type paypal into the browser url bar.
Sorry before joining C5 I hadn't heard of ********. In most cases though it's better to talk to the consumer. Just ask some the guys about the person who sold the Camaro to them. My guy told me I didn't have to worry about Cleveland winters because my car comes with all-seasons. I have the RS package. Even after I learned about GM's TPS ratings and went back and told him. He was still confused. Granted that guy didn't invent anything but still he sells the damn things everyday.

P.S.
I can't wait to get my harness. Thank you for inventing it. Dubstep just isn't the same with the BA system. I need to feel my music! One of those side trunk box things wouldn't be bad either.