Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #57
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Well I went over to my local dealer today and placed an order for a Silver 2SS, the dealer just has to confirm the Supplier Pricing for me as the computer system was "apparently" coming back with a status of "will advise" for the price of the spec'd out order so we'll see if the dealer is going to try and squeeze out any additional cost above the Supplier Pricing but the Sales Manager's explanation was that he was not able to get the pricing in the system yet because his ordering allocations for next week were not available until Monday or Tuesday. I don't pretend to know how that stuff works so the order is still in and once he calls back with the exact price if it is near the Supplier Price I got through the GM Site associated with my credit union I will pull the trigger and put down the deposit (1k the dealer is asking for, reasonable I thought and if I get the price I am looking for I have no intention of backing out anyway).

As an aside I just wanted to speak to the Brad's post regarding "just because you can't afford something doesn't mean it is over priced". I would agree with that statement but I believe the original poster of the comment was just speaking to the fact that for two VERY similarly spec'd and performing cars, Dodge is a little unrealistic with the almost 10k premium they are asking when compared to a 2SS. Whether or not someone can afford something is irrelevant in determining if it is overpriced, comparing relative to something else does.

I for one agree an SRT8 is overpriced when stood aside a 2SS and while I have no problem affording one I do have an issue flushing money down the toilet.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread please refrain from the thread.
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #58
1SSRS6S
1SSRS6SIOM

Drives: sold her
I also drove the SRT and SRT8 while waiting for the Camaro to hit the dealer. I love the look of the SRT it drove good but after driving both cars I knew I could not buy the SRT , I would have to have the SRT8 cause I wanted the max HP. But at a 45 bills I had to wait to drive the Camaro to make my decision, so after driving the 1SS/RS 6 speed manual tranny, my mind was made up, my wife could not believe I decided on the Camaro, I am a Chevy guy from the late 60's, I wanted the Muscle car and for 12 bills less I got just that and I love every inch of this car. I took my wife for a test drive today( she drove) She said I will be driving the CAmaro a while, We bought the car for her to be a daily driver since I drive 30,000 miles a year I did not want to put high miles on her.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #59
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Today is the day!!!!

Today is the day, dealer just called and verified they have allocation this week to order two 2SS's so one of them will be mine (a Silver 2SS 6M with RS Package and Polished Wheels, no sunroof, I'm 6' 4"), they should be calling back in a little while with the order number so I can begin to sit and stare at its status while preparing my garage for its arrival. Kind of like setting up the crib for the arrival of a newborn (sick analogy possibly but nevertheless, similar).

I want to thank everyone that has CONTRIBUTED to this thread (yes that was a poke at the "non-contributing" posts). I am glad to see that the vast majority of the folks in this forum are so willing to offer advice and experiences. I have gained a TON of knowledge spending the last few weeks with you folks and look forward to conversing and learning even more in the months to come as I explore some basic mods.

As an aside, driving to work today on the highway, I came upon a gentleman in a HEMI Orange Challenger SRT8, pulled alongside and gave a quick honk of the horn, he turned and I gave him the two thumbs up (briefly, not the best thing to do on the highway in 85mph flow of traffic). Got a big smile from the guy, he had an old MOPAR hat on like my father wears. I fully intend to do the same thing even when I am in my 2SS. How friggin' awesome is it that in today's (I'll get politically incorrect here for a moment) ECO-MARXIST-DRIVE-A-SMART-CAR-THEN-CRAP-IN-A-DIRT-HOLE-SO-YOU-DON'T-WASTE-7-GALLONS-A-FLUSH society we can still have the opportunity to decide between the Camaros, Challengers, and Mustangs. God Bless this country, God Bless American muscle, craftsmanship, work ethic, and ingenuity.

You can probably tell I am fired up about getting this car and impatient as I am going to be to pick it up once it arrives at the dealer I am even more impatient to have to wait to drive it over to my father's house and take him out for a ride to some remote roads in our area and then turn they keys over to him and say "go ahead Pop, drive it like you stole it!!!" and then sit back and not so much enjoy the car but enjoy watching my father enjoy the car.
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 PM   #60
spinetexas

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
i bought the SRT as soon as I could order one. It is a great car. has TONS of torque and is fun to drive. Heads still turn when I take off. Bought an auto 2010 2SS recently. Did not think it was as fast as the challenger. Dyno both and challenger beat the camaro by 25 at rear wheels. Just picked up my camaro had a magnacharger and long tube headers installed. It is a BEAST now could not believe the difference it made. I also agree the challenger interior sucks avenger cheezy. the camaro interior is retro and looks bad A&&. Both are great cars and one can not go wrong with which one they choose
spinetexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #61
BLACKBAER SS

Drives: Black
I took a Camaro SS over the Chally. Mostly because I got a beast w/RS pack, 21" wheels, Hennessey CAI, and Corsa exhaust for 8K less than a Chally would be. Plus I had a Charger SRT-8 for almost 4 years and didn't want to be sitting in the same cockpit on a new car... needed something that felt "new" and the Chally's interior was just the same as the CHarger.
BLACKBAER SS is offline   Reply With Quote