Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #43
tthobe

Drives: '17 RS Turbo, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16CamaroSS View Post
I'll be the sucker to suggest it, blind spot mirrors. https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...=348DXMGMCA0XA

If you can swallow your pride and handle the aesthetics hit.
This is what I use, little round "blind-spot" mirror in the corner of each of my side-view mirrors. Works absolutely fantastic! No only does it take the blind-spot away while driving but helps with backing into a parking spot or next to a curb as you can see the ground next to the car.
Aesthetically, there are different designs/styles available. Although inexpensive, the ones I chose do not look out of place or cheesy.
Give it a try, it's only a few $ and if you don't like them you can remove them.
tthobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #44
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis2702 View Post
I've got all the tech bells and whistles so blind spot is not a problem for me. But thanks for this. I'm definitely going to make this adjustment.
It's not just "an adjustment", it's simply the correct way to adjust your side mirrors.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #45
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
How long can you beat a horse before it dies. I thought we were taught how to set mirrors in drivers education. Don't they do that anymore?
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #46
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
My 75 had a blind spot, my 86 Iroc did as well. Its part of the territory. Just adjust the mirrors as stated by others. Its actually how all mirrors should be adjusted regardless of what vehicle you drive.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #47
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I have heard so much about this visibility thing in these cars. I think people have the wrong idea about these cars. They aren’t grocery getters, pickup trucks, family sedans or for driving ms daisy. These are precession instruments of speed and agility!! Think F22 Raptor !! They are not driven. They are piloted by situational awareness and instrumental interpretation. A fighter jet is operated by complete awareness of the environment that it is occupying and its intended trajectory. Don’t drive em boys. Fly em !!!!

Well I gotta go get some milk and eggs. Time to hop in the 2ss grocery getter and head to the store.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #48
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Blind Spots I have no blind spots.
X2!!!!

Love having a drop top !!!
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #49
rotohead

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
I just tell the wife to keep an eye out for the traffic, Works every time. I live in Florida and most drivers stay in dead spots!
rotohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #50
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
I just don’t understand this whole “blind spot” problem. I have no worse of a vision problem in my Camaro than I have had in most of the 14-15 automobiles I’ve owned in my life. SMH
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:55 PM   #51
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
What blind spot? It's a sports car, otherwise get a Tahoe or Suburban so you can look down on everyone!
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #52
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
It shouldn't ever be an issue unless your a below average driver. I owned multiple 5th Gen Camaros with a horrible blind spot and had no issues.

A good driver always looks over his or her shoulder, TBH I don't even use my blind spot detectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
I have heard so much about this visibility thing in these cars. I think people have the wrong idea about these cars. They aren’t grocery getters, pickup trucks, family sedans or for driving ms daisy. These are precession instruments of speed and agility!! Think F22 Raptor !! They are not driven. They are piloted by situational awareness and instrumental interpretation. A fighter jet is operated by complete awareness of the environment that it is occupying and its intended trajectory. Don’t drive em boys. Fly em !!!!

Well I gotta go get some milk and eggs. Time to hop in the 2ss grocery getter and head to the store.
Great analogy my friend, any performance car is like driving a F-22. You have to be ultra-alert at all times!

With great power comes great responsibility, one mistake and you could end your life and someone else's in a performance car. If your complaining about a blind spot you should probably trade in your performance vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
How long can you beat a horse before it dies. I thought we were taught how to set mirrors in drivers education. Don't they do that anymore?
+1 on your point we were also taught to look over our shoulder in drivers education, no matter what.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #53
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
These are precession instruments of speed and agility!! Think F22 Raptor !! They are not driven. They are piloted by situational awareness and instrumental interpretation. A fighter jet is operated by complete awareness of the environment that it is occupying and its intended trajectory. Don’t drive em boys. Fly em !!!!
Don't fighter jets have bubble canopies to allow for maximum visibility?
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:56 PM   #54
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
I guarantee them boys don’t use blinkers or worry about what’s in their “blind spot”. They don’t fly worrying about what’s at their 3:00. The have monitors for that. Lol. Battlezone is dead on. If you are truly paying attention at all times when you are driving you know what is around you. Absolutely look over your shoulder. Check your mirrors. Use your monitors. But all that should be a back up for already knowing where everything is. If blind spots are really an issue maybe one of those bubble things on Jurassic Park would be a better fit.
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:40 PM   #55
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
more like the SR-71

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #56
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
I guarantee them boys don’t use blinkers or worry about what’s in their “blind spot”. They don’t fly worrying about what’s at their 3:00. The have monitors for that. Lol. Battlezone is dead on. If you are truly paying attention at all times when you are driving you know what is around you. Absolutely look over your shoulder. Check your mirrors. Use your monitors. But all that should be a back up for already knowing where everything is. If blind spots are really an issue maybe one of those bubble things on Jurassic Park would be a better fit.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote