Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #29
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by suplex View Post
I definitely believe it will be based on the Caddy ATS platform. As it is now the LS and LT Camaros have a Cadillac CTS engine in them, and the ZL1 has the CTS-V engine.

You know how an Accura is a fancy Honda, and a Lexus is a fancy Toyota? Well I have always believed that a Cadillac is a fancy Chevrolet, so I don't doubt part of what shrinkdoc said at all. I also agree with rburns though, that we'll know when they release it.
Thank you Suplex...at least somebody believes in me. :upset:

Last edited by shrinkdoc; 03-30-2014 at 09:07 AM.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #30
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I posted this about a year ago, the salesman at my GM dealer told me the new Camaro's likely wouldn't have a V8. Obviously that remains to be seen but everyone on the forum told me I was nuts. It has to do with the government mandated fuel economy. I guess we will see.

Russ
No...they will still have a V8. The mandate only requires a percentage of cars to meet the requirement not all. The requirement will easliy be met with all the mom and cookie cutter models. The camaros and vettes will be fine.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #31
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
They also said the gas will be unicorn blood only, the wheels can fold in making it a boat, they're also working on the ZL1 being able to fly, and the base V6 will be replaced with three gerbils on steroids chasing each other in the engine bay.
cant stop laughing
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #32
tazz3

Drives: 2012 camaro
That will be cool if the 6 gen will have a twin turbo...
tazz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #33
STuRTzz

Drives: '12 Summit White 2ls W/Black Stripe
Id rather have a gen 5 v6 than a gen 6 turbo 4 cylinder. I love the look of the gen5 and it set the standards high for me.
STuRTzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #34
ardailsmith

Drives: 2012 2LT LFX A6 RS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Its pretty much a fact that the next gen camaro will be based on the new caddy ATS platform, but rumors are he 3.6 DFI v6 will be replaced with a twin turbo 3.0 V6.
I believe you have this backward the ATS is based on the Camaro. The ATS suspension and steering is from the ZL1, the V6 powerplant is the LFX with less HP. However the Turbo ATS is a 4. Since the Camaro version of the LFX produces more HP than any other LFX setup that GM has. I would find it hard to believe that they would drop to a smaller displacement V6 and then through TURBOS on it.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #35
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
A tt-v6 would cost more then a v8 so cost wise it's not going to happen. Lets also remember that a fully dressed twin turbo will weigh more then a v8,be more complex to package and make weight distribution more front biased. The caddy can offer the tt-v6 because it cost more and they need to seperate the ats from the cts which is why the little guy will get the v6 and the big boy gets the v8. Turbo 4>V6....IMO
Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #36
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
I believe you have this backward the ATS is based on the Camaro. The ATS suspension and steering is from the ZL1, the V6 powerplant is the LFX with less HP. However the Turbo ATS is a 4. Since the Camaro version of the LFX produces more HP than any other LFX setup that GM has. I would find it hard to believe that they would drop to a smaller displacement V6 and then through TURBOS on it.

Neither is "based" on the other. They are two totally different cars and they are currently on two different chassis. When the 6 Gen Camaro is released it will be on the Alpha platform that is currently under the ATS and they will share some similar hardware but that is about where it ends.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #37
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
You have to admit these new 4 cyl.and v6 engines are getting impressive,we know what the problem is the weight of the cars,if we all wanted stripped down cars it might not be an issue of having a v8 but we know it takes muscle to move 3800 lbs of leather a/c and the other stuff piled on,but I can't see a Z-28 or ZL1 with anything less than V8 power or my truck as well.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 08:56 PM   #38
Camrochris

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 3.6L supe
Twin turbo 3.6 Camaro RS-V????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Its pretty much a fact that the next gen camaro will be based on the new caddy ATS platform, but rumors are he 3.6 DFI v6 will be replaced with a twin turbo 3.0 V6.
I mean it already is ATS Alpha based. The ATS-V was a twin turbo with 468 hp. In 2018. So thats easy peasy straight out of the parts bin power that boosted 3.6 guys like me would love to see. Butttt...not a 3.0. Too small. And you already know
Small block V8 guys might have a stroke if the SS badge is even associated with an engine that doesnt have 8 holes in the block. I think GM would be smart to do the ATS-V as the RS-V and the die hard small block folks are gonna need Corvette money. I dont know. I just know that th 3.6 screams like an F1 banshee with my supercharger but I would trade it for a twin turbo for 2024 in a minute....if it is offered with a manual.
Camrochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:05 PM   #39
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camrochris View Post
I mean it already is ATS Alpha based. The ATS-V was a twin turbo with 468 hp. In 2018. So thats easy peasy straight out of the parts bin power that boosted 3.6 guys like me would love to see. Butttt...not a 3.0. Too small. And you already know
Small block V8 guys might have a stroke if the SS badge is even associated with an engine that doesnt have 8 holes in the block. I think GM would be smart to do the ATS-V as the RS-V and the die hard small block folks are gonna need Corvette money. I dont know. I just know that th 3.6 screams like an F1 banshee with my supercharger but I would trade it for a twin turbo for 2024 in a minute....if it is offered with a manual.
Almost 10 years too late on your reply there. Way to go on your nearly decade old resurrection champ.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:53 PM   #40
armycop71
Love my Satin Steel LT-1!

Drives: 6-Speed LT-1...
Proves how far off and dead wrong rumors can be.....

6-Speed Man|Carbon Flash Wheels
Technology Pkg|NPP|Satin Blk Pkg
ZL1 Rock Guards|Red Knee Pad Set
PBC LT1 engine built by Debi Lewis
armycop71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 05:24 PM   #41
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The 6 gen is on the way out so any speculation that GM would add a twin turbo to the lineup would be insane!
Old 07-19-2022, 05:33 PM   #42
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
This thread was from 2012... Some how got resurrected...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote