Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #15
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Yeah, looks great! Definitely an improvement from stock.

But I've gotta ask, owning both a Mustang and a Camaro... how do they compare in your eyes? Which one do you like better and why? Any detail comparing the two would be appreciated. Thanks.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #16
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post

But I've gotta ask, owning both a Mustang and a Camaro... how do they compare in your eyes? Which one do you like better and why? Any detail comparing the two would be appreciated. Thanks.
Be careful you are going to start a war- with himself LOL. I'm curious to hear his thoughts on the 2 cars too.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #17
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
great job, looks ammmmazing ( we are talking about the mustang right? Just kidding). glad it fit the first time with not alignment issues.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:09 PM   #18
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Thanks ..truefiber makes great quality parts.. it's too bad they're customer service can't be better ..when i got the hood ..it did not have any hard ware .i had to make my own hood striker .. after countless emails it was pointless trying to get a simple part from them.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #19
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post

I've had 12 mustangs from old to new.

Comparing an SS to a GT

Interior room
Camaro > Mustang

Raw Feeling
Mustang > Camaro

Gas Mileage out of v8
Camaro > Mustang

Low end torque
Camaro > Mustang

High end pull
Mustang > Camaro

Handling
Mustang > Camaro

Interior ( aesthetics)
Camaro > Mustang

Interior ( comfort of seats)
Mustang > Camaro

Power Potential
Camaro > Mustang ( The LS is too proven to not go for the camaro)
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #20
2SScamaro2010

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Those are some good looking rides you got
Mods: SW Retro Chambered cat back, CAI cai black, APEX scoop and ww tank, RX catch can, APEX Skip-shift Eliminator, Hurst short throw, Speeddawg knob, Kooks 1 7/8 headers high flow cats, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Livernois dyno tune, ZL1 grill and side skirts.WHP: 415 WTQ: 407
2SScamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #21
orange devil
Account Suspended

War within indeed!! This being the first ford or mustang i have owned..i think it would be easier to compare the s550 mustang to the 6th gen camaro..because the the the 5th gen camaro is a sexy muscle car.. and you really notice its presence..the newer mustang is more sports car and sleeker and smaller. I really like that the 5th gen Camaro has a lot of retro aspects as original Camaro .same as the cockpit in the Mustang resembles a 69's interior. The 6th gen Camaro failed ther. the mustang has a better fit and finish on the interior.. lot more refined center console. the cup holders work better and the parking brake is nicer looking..and has the better sun visors for sure... both seats in the Mustang and Camaro are comfortable but the quality of the seats in the Camaro are better and i feel safer in the in the camaro (with the famaily )and rather take it in longer drives then mustang.. probably because the car feels bigger..has more leg room and its faster to get people out of the back seat faster ..the mustange has,all power seats and takes forever .. I really never been in the Camaro longer than 3 hours at a time and in the Mustang I've had over 6 hour drive in the car was very comfortable...going to call it
Tie in the interior and comfort and slight win for Style for the interior of the Mustang.. not to take away that the Camaro has the cooler door panels that light up. And the Camaro has the bigger better trunk and the material are better they use to secure the spare tire area .When it comes to outside appearance from the get-go bone-stock I would say the Camaro is by far definitely the better looking vehicle..always has..the s550 mustang is the best looking mustang other then 64 to 69 in my opinion .. the Camaros have always had the better looking Style . In most of their Generations.Gm muscle cars have always had the better looking Style!! The S550 Mustang does by far have the better-looking tailights .but the camaro has the win for rs headlights . Overall I think the Camaro is the prettier of the two cars and has nicer looking Body Lines... also the fit and finish of the outside of the camaro is put together better on on the Camaro than the Mustang.. a lot of the body parts feels a lot thinner and cheaper made than the Camaro and uses a lot of push pins compared to the 5th gen camaro.. so Camaro for the win for outside appearance fit and finish.. as for handling my Mustang is a performance pack so it is bye far more agile feeling and takes turns a lot better.. as of right now the Mustang for the win.. even though I have changed out my brakes on the Camaro for brembos the stock performance pack brakes still feel better on the Mustang... maybe my opinion will change once I get the Camaro suspension all dialed in .. as for performance.. right now the Mustang has the Win. because it's tuned and gets better mpgs.. the Camaro sounds better compared to the Mustang for sure . so even though I have done quite a bit more to the Mustang ( custom and performance) and it has the slight advantages over the Camaro.. and at this point looks more fixed up and custom just because I've spent more time and money on the Mustang..i feel the Camaro has the longer longevity and will last longer in overall once I'm done with it will look better..i give the win to the camaro .. I'm very lucky to get the opportunity to work on and play with both the Mustang and Camaro and they compliment my other two classic cars ( 72chevelle 67 pontiac lemans)nicely. Thank you guys I appreciate the kind words and positive feedback.. also I did not get a chance to mention this but happy late Veterans Day to all fellow veterans.

Last edited by orange devil; 11-14-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #22
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I really like that hood and it's not too bad on price either. Did you paint the hood yourself?

Nice collection of cars you got there! I have a hard enough time taking care of my Camaro and fixing up my GTA. I can only imagine the work and effort it would take to care for and fix up 4 cars.lol!

I guess living out there in the high desert allows you to spread out and live a lot cheaper than in the LA basin or IE. lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:46 PM   #23
orange devil
Account Suspended

Thank you and yes sir! Good friend of mine now that painted my Chevelle. 18 years ago taught me the tricks of the trade . We actually painted the hood in his garage on our free time...the hardest part was center scoop area with vents. trying to colorsand and polish in between them was a time-consuming and tedious process.

I agree it is definitely hard to make time for the four of the muscle cars.. i have to rotate projects lol. I actually have a 66 El Camino I'm going to start restoring as well.. another toy of mine that I spent countless hours working on and fixing up and doing crazy s*** to is my 97 4Runner .love that thing.. definitely an advantage living here in the high desert I can paint stuff go off-roading pretty much do whatever I want with my projects and hobbies.. sucks having a long driveway that is dirt road though. I have to go super slow with the classic cars and the Camaro and Mustang.