Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #15
KTJ20141LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE/ All Options
I have a fake Camaro
Wow did you buy a Chinese knock off???
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
may be you should look at what you bought are you sure it is a Camaro and not a Pusstang

- Why would you even drive that?
what are all the neg people driving civics

- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
I an just going to assume that you are not a homosexual since you have a girl friend, Balls may need to be check if people comments bother you

- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
Just think of how cool your balls will be in the summer.

- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!
Again did you buy a Chinese knock off??? do the people commenting even know what a Camaro is even 1st gen had 6 cylinders not all Camaros were big bad muscle cars
Old 06-16-2016, 05:50 PM   #16
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
I was going to tell you that my first car was a 1979 New Yorker in the mid 90s and I had more high heel marks on the headliner above the rear seat in that car than I did in my new STS I bought a few years later - so it's not the car, but I'll stop here. Well played brother. You know how to kick off a good post. I say 9 pages within 48 hours.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:51 PM   #17
bork_bork

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Convert Triple Black

This wasn't the comment from the girl was it
Old 06-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #18
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
I was going to tell you that my first car was a 1979 New Yorker in the mid 90s and I had more high heel marks on the headliner above the rear seat in that car than I did in my new STS I bought a few years later - so it's not the car, but I'll stop here. Well played brother. You know how to kick off a good post. I say 9 pages within 48 hours.
Back seat in the 69 Impala was HUGE!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:54 PM   #19
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
This thread will go 7+ pages.
Yep, and when it slows down, I will hijack it with two simple words.........CATCH CAN! That should give it some new life!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:55 PM   #20
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Back seat in the 69 Impala was HUGE!
I can't argue that Mr Stacy, but the mint green pleather couch in the back of the New Yorker was also nice
Old 06-16-2016, 05:56 PM   #21
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
And quit being a big whiny weeny. Nobody likes that. Man up and drive your V6 with PRIDE!!!

JMHO as always.
Duderino nails it again! Short, sweet, and to the point!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #22
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
If people bother you that much - get ear plugs.

Alternatively, you can slap on a pair of turbos and shut them all up right quick.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #23
Ron172

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
You will find that there are several ignorant and crude individuals on the forum. Like ticks in the woods, they will always be hanging around waiting for prey. Enjoy your camaro. The V6 has great power and is nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #24
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
If people bother you that much - get ear plugs.

Alternatively, you can slap on a pair of turbos and shut them all up right quick.
That would be cheaper than upgrading to a v-8.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:07 PM   #25
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
BOZO says...
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2016, 06:07 PM   #26
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Face palm -_-
Old 06-16-2016, 06:09 PM   #27
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's your car, who cares what other people think. For that matter who cares what other people think in general?

As a note though, as someone that went from a 2003 v6 mustang to a 2002 z28 to my 2010 ss, I'd never go back to a V6 lol.

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Old 06-16-2016, 06:12 PM   #28
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?
Social media, somehow, has this effect on many people. I'm not sure why. It's like the anonymity is guaranteed to bring out the worst in people, just because they can get away with it. Cowardly is what it is.

But here's what you do- stop participating in that social media. Your actual friends will still be your friends. And this girl you're dating. If she's insulting you too, kick her to the curb, ASAP

Closed Thread