Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 06:34 AM   #43
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL1 View Post
The cooling effect that this kit provides is great but the price leaves me in debate whether to just go with a HX, Reservoir, and trunk tank for ice. and still come out cheaper on a budget with money for other parts. Very little parts that make a difference with a nice price tag vs the normal what people are going with.
Will your HX, reservoir and trunk full of melting ice net you 77rwhp?
How much will the trunk full of ice weigh, how much will this slow you down?

Send Marty a message ask him if he is happy and thinks it was worth the money.
Ice doesn't compare to the interchiller, the temps with ice are not as low, you have to empty it out every single run, it melts as soon as the car starts and it's a pain in the ass.

The interchiller is a solution to the problem these blowers suffer from and it works bloody well, makes the power, keeps the car consistent....which these blowers are far from consistent losing power the more you get into them.
You can now literally hot lap the car within 3min between runs, compared to what 1hr or more??? The car will always be consistent.

Good luck with whatever you do, but ask Marty he has it fitted to his ZL1.

Last edited by GenF-GTS; 12-29-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:38 AM   #44
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Can you post the price please? Great idea and am sure fellow ZL1 owners are interested without us all having to PM you for a price. Thanks.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:42 AM   #45
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
Can you post the price please? Great idea and am sure fellow ZL1 owners are interested without us all having to PM you for a price. Thanks.
There are several options, please email so we can send you all the info and prices in our PDF, info@fiinterchillers.com
Old 12-29-2015, 08:21 AM   #46
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
There are several options, please email so we can send you all the info and prices in our PDF, info@fiinterchillers.com
Thanks - email sent.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #47
cvp33
America FVCK Yeah!

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Anyone run one for road course duty? Can you?
Old 12-29-2015, 12:42 PM   #48
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
Can I remove the heat exchanger completely and let the interchiller do all the work?
Old 12-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #49
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvp33 View Post
Anyone run one for road course duty? Can you?
Yes and No, the system is designed for drag racing, street racing and mile racing.
If you are doing circuit racing/road course it is going to depend on how much volume you increase the system capacity to with a decent sized reservoir to last the distance.

In saying that there are quite a few nice roads near me where you can race for a good 5-10min I did this the other week with a 6.5L reservoir whilst also using my HX and my temps never went above 110f.

As you can see it is all going to depend on the size of the reservoir and how your driving heats that fluid up, the benefit of the system having the HX on an ON/OFF switch being bypassed or not bypassed works out great like this so you can still apply cooling via the HX and the chiller for this type of racing.

There is a reason you do not see supercharged cars in professional circuit racing, mainly NA and some turbo cars.
If you are doing the occasional track day or powercruise with a squirt down the straights the chiller is going to be much better than no chiller at all.
If you are actually driving lap after lap like a circuit race car with your supercharger you really shouldn't be doing that to it as thats not what the blower was designed for.
Superchargers are amazing for the road and drag racing along with street racing, instant power and torque right when you need it.....they are not built for circuit racing no heat exchanger or chiller can remove enough temperature in those circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
Can I remove the heat exchanger completely and let the interchiller do all the work?
Yes as long as you have a decent sized reservoir to give you enough volume you will never use the HX ever again.

As just explained in the above post, depending on what you are doing with the car can determine if you need the HX or not, for drag racing, street racing and mile racing you wont need a HX....however it's on a simple ON/OFF switch to bypass the HX so it's not that much of a big deal to keep it in the fluid loop.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:15 AM   #50
cghyhj

Drives: ford
I think you send me a PM before but what does this system cost?
Old 12-30-2015, 12:28 AM   #51
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghyhj View Post
I think you send me a PM before but what does this system cost?
Old 01-05-2016, 07:06 AM   #52
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Interchiller currently being installed on a customers ZL1 Camaro with the stock HX in place, custom plate made to mount to the front crash bar without having to cut into the crash bar, we are now supplying the custom mounting plate with all ZL1 installations.
As you can see there is enough clearance with the stock HX for the chiller and plenty of air flow to the rad/condenser/HX.
NOTE: Customer has been very good, mounted the chiller and then reinstalled the front bumper bar and went for a drive monitoring engine coolant temps, Oil temps etc all were 100% normal.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:24 AM   #53
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
That's nice work and very good of you to include the mount in the kit as quickly as you did.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:58 PM   #54
97ChameleonTA

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
Thought I'd share this. This was on the way to work this morning sitting in rush hour traffic. Outside temps were ~53F. Based on my other readings in the past this would equate to the liquid being about 9F. Gotta love it, the car feels like it's constantly in freezing air temps. Talk about peppy!

New times to come with E85

2016 2SS Auto - Hyper Blue Metallic
Roto-Fab CAI
Old 01-05-2016, 06:44 PM   #55
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Great result thats very very cold at 27F impressive.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:40 PM   #56
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Please note for those that have been asking this is our largest 18.5" interchiller that is mounted like this, the smaller 12.5" also mounts the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
Interchiller currently being installed on a customers ZL1 Camaro with the stock HX in place, custom plate made to mount to the front crash bar without having to cut into the crash bar, we are now supplying the custom mounting plate with all ZL1 installations.
As you can see there is enough clearance with the stock HX for the chiller and plenty of air flow to the rad/condenser/HX.
NOTE: Customer has been very good, mounted the chiller and then reinstalled the front bumper bar and went for a drive monitoring engine coolant temps, Oil temps etc all were 100% normal.

Closed Thread