Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
No offense but with the list of mods you have what do you expect? You have done significant modification to the engine and suspension on your car. Of course that is going to void your warranty on your engine, transmission, and driveline. I'd also expect it to void any warranty on suspension and exhaust as well. You really don't have any ground to stand on in this claim. Magnusson-Moss is meant to protect you in situations like you install a catback exhaust and your engine breaks.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
That's what I've been trying to tell people who throw the magnuson moss act out there. It's a law but you have to prove it, and I bet GM has a team of lawyers that will eat alive any lawyer you were to aquire to "prove" it. It's pointless. If you're going to tune your warranty is shot just as the original poster has found out and you can't do a damn thing about it.
The burden of proof falls onto the manufacturer. That's why I have not had repairs completed and the dis-assembly will be documented to ensure that the motor was buttoned up to factory specs and that the modifications did not have an adverse affect on the oil pump operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. manhattan View Post
what mods did you have done? i am guessing you had a tune?
You can see them all in the sig...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
I feel your pain....If this is a "known Issue"...it should be covered. I would take them to court if you feel you will win....This should be a recall if they are failing as suggested...it's just a reason to deny if you have anything aftermarket...That Sucks royally....good luck man

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #18
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
That really sucks, OP. I'm sorry.

Btw, the language in the warranty denial doesn't even make sense in one of the sentences. You would think that such strong language would be expressed more clearly and in a more cogent manner. That's just low class to void someone's warranty and not even be able to write a proper sentence.

What state are you in?
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #19
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
No offense but with the list of mods you have what do you expect? You have done significant modification to the engine and suspension on your car. Of course that is going to void your warranty on your engine, transmission, and driveline. I'd also expect it to void any warranty on suspension and exhaust as well. You really don't have any ground to stand on in this claim. Magnusson-Moss is meant to protect you in situations like you install a catback exhaust and your engine breaks.
I do not expect the warranty on INDIVIDUAL parts that are unrelated to the modifications to be voided. I don't have an issue with the overall operation of the engine. I have an OEM part that has FAILED.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #20
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
"Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back"

Nope. No violation of the act. You clearly voided your warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM
The stresses resulting from the non GM calibrations and equipment were not validated by GM and therefore be warranted on any components that are subject to those stresses.
Seems pretty straightforward to me.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #21
SonnyakaPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
That's what I've been trying to tell people who throw the magnuson moss act out there. It's a law but you have to prove it, and I bet GM has a team of lawyers that will eat alive any lawyer you were to aquire to "prove" it. It's pointless. If you're going to tune your warranty is shot just as the original poster has found out and you can't do a damn thing about it.
I agree and disagree. You're right in that Mag Moss needs to be proved. And that is expensive.

But, if you can afford legal help, a good lawyer can take GM's warranty denial to task and I, for one, would not be affraid to litigate this issue against GM's retained lawyers.

Law is law. Experts are experts. I can hire the same experts they can. Then what?

But, of course, it costs. So, that's the downside.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #22
SonnyakaPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
I do not expect the warranty on INDIVIDUAL parts that are unrelated to the modifications to be voided. I don't have an issue with the overall operation of the engine. I have an OEM part that has FAILED.
I see this and I understand your pain. Seriously, if this is a known issue, then GM should have the integrity to stand behind their products. If this is a known issue, then this issue is likely occurring on stock cars, so it's no surprise when this problem contues to happen.

But...

It's pretty hard to argue with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
"Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back"

Nope. No violation of the act. You clearly voided your warranty.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #23
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
is there any chance at all that the oem oil pump failed because of your mods?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I would just buy a performance oil pump and put it on myself.

no lawyers, better oil flow.

$140
http://www.mtiracing.com/Purchase/LS...-Oil-Pump.html
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #25
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
With all those modifications, I am shocked they even honored you with a response lol
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #26
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I would just buy a performance oil pump and put it on myself.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #27
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Modded or not, GM put a faulty part in his car and it failed. If they can't stand behind their cars, I'd suggest buying from another car company.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #28
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Soon as you cracked the first bolt loose on the intake... bye bye warranty. Unfortunately for you it was the tune that got you busted... otherwise its likely they wouldn't have even noticed the ported parts and cam.

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote