Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #71
angelbones

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS w/Ceramic Int, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
You will rather have the V6 with all the goodies than a V8 without all the goodies??

LOL

I guess performance isn't the number one on this list for some. I respect that different strokes for different folks.

For me, if I wanted all the comfy goodies then I would have bought a Cadillac or Lexus sedan.

The SS in my eye's is a raw V8, powerful machine that can handle. All the goodies is just a bonus and that bonus should never over exceed the performance aspect of that.
Actually performance is at the top of the list. But that's the thing with this gen Camaro. 5.1 sec 0-60 for the V6. Having been driving for 30+ years, those kind of numbers are something that even the old Chevy big blocks couldn't touch. So you get the baubles, the performance, the mpg, and with NPP, a nice sound too with the V6. Now that I just said all that I reiterate that I said "might" consider it. Once I heard that V8 on the SS, I fell in love (again). So for me the 2SS is the way to go, but if you want the goodies and can't afford it, then my point was that getting a 2LT V6 is a very viable alternative if performance is not the ONLY thing you want out of a car. Myself, I want a LOT out of a car.
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #72
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
I ordered and bought a 1SS. I've owned a vehicle with heated/cooled leather seats and they were still hot in the summer, not so bad in the winter. I also hated how after a few years the drivers seat had the creases on the side bolster. The ambient lighting? C'mon really. The phone charger is nice but in a inconvenient location. The HUD is pretty cool, wouldn't have minded having that. The blind spot warning is all good but if you properly position your side mirrors that shouldn't be an issue. The only thing that I do wish I had, but isn't any kind of big issue, is the upgraded Bose stereo system. However the standard radio sounds pretty good when cranked up.

I am more of the hp/$ kind of person. The way I see it it that my car still came from the factory with 455hp/455tq and likely weighs 100lbs less because I don't have all the extra stuff on it. Same power plus less weight equals slightly faster.

'16 1SS 6M, black with jet black interior, split spoke gray machined faced wheels, and black front/rear bowtie emblems.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #73
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
u get a lot of goodies for the cost to upgrade to the 2SS.

when I get into my 1SS im happy with the value of it. i think there is value with each, just depends how much you want to spend on the car.

to answer your question, no regrets
EXACTLY. And value can only be determined by an individual based on their needs and wants, and what they are willing to spend to fulfill them.
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:21 PM   #74
lenix38

Drives: 2019 Camaro Zl1
Gonna be honest here, I drive a 1SS for half a day almost purchased it, then the wife asks why not get the 2SS it has more features after that I said lets get the 2SS.

I really love the HUD, the leather seats, the blind spot monitor, and homelink for my garages.

You can always get leather seats down the road on the 1SS if you want them. Just gonna cost you extra to get.

Bullets always have the right of way.....
lenix38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #75
Fboogie

Drives: 2SS A8
I was in the same quandary 1SS, 2SS, 1LE. The 1LE was temping but can I justify a semi track car purchase? Not really, one or two autocross events a year didn't justify it. 1SS was a little bare for me, so the 2SS was the winner and I am so glad with the choice.
Fboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #76
Mojave
San Diego Head Tuners

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS ,NPP,MagRide, A8
No regrets on my 1SS purchase. I did not get a totally bare one and I would like to have some of the items from the 2SS but I really don't like leather seats.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MojaveKY
https://www.instagram.com/mojaveky/
https://twitter.com/MojaveKY
http://dinowax.refr.cc/bryanm 15% off DinoWax orders
Mojave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #77
AchiliesSS

Drives: 2017 Black on Black 1SS
I just purchased a 17 1SS three weeks ago (Still Waiting) Michigan Man Dropped the ball and I have been suffering, now note is due in 2 weeks and I wont get my car until between 11th thru 15th as confirmed, but anyways, I have test drove a few 2ss, no 1ss not even my own, but I have the npp and black wheels with 6spd, and honestly with the items the 1ss comes with I rather save the cash and just throw in the color leather I want at fraction the cost from the dealer and even not worry on paying on it and i believe the 17 ss come with the harness hookup for hud and even uses the same dash components minus the front panel wich is just 100 at gm direct, and the sill plates and wirless dock and harnesses are all available at much savings vs if the factory or dealer puts it in.
AchiliesSS is offline   Reply With Quote