Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Seriously, all this becomes a non-issue if you do a rinseless was instead of a hose wash. And yes it's just as good, actually. Better for weekly washes.. Read what people say here

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435828
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:24 PM   #16
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Seriously, all this becomes a non-issue if you do a rinseless was instead of a hose wash. And yes it's just as good, actually. Better for weekly washes.. Read what people say here

Way too dusty and windy here for my liking to do rinseless wash instead of a 2 bucket wash. I will either do a 2 bucket wash twice a week or do a 2 bucket wash than a rinseless wash a 2-3 days later. Plus I live across the street from an elevator and harvest season is the worst for grain dust.

I love rinseless, but it isn't always the right choice for me.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #17
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Way too dusty and windy here for my liking to do rinseless wash instead of a 2 bucket wash. I will either do a 2 bucket wash twice a week or do a 2 bucket wash than a rinseless wash a 2-3 days later. Plus I live across the street from an elevator and harvest season is the worst for grain dust.

Of course, there's always somebody that basically won't be able to take advantage of suggestions here. But in general you won't have problems with rinseless in this regard for normal situations.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #18
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post

I feel your pain. My property backs up to a farm. In the spring and fall, or whenever they seed, plow or bail hay, we get farm dust out the wazoo along with the normal pollen and tree/leaf crap.

I work from home and normally don't leave the house until noon or later. If I forgot to put the car in the garage overnight, I'm screwed. Dust, dust and more dust.

But on most occasions I can use rinseless. What a timesaver. And, since I got the Opti-Coat Pro+ treatment, it looks like it was just detailed every time.

Thanks again Glen
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #19
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
I feel your pain. My property backs up to a farm. In the spring and fall, or whenever they seed, plow or bail hay, we get farm dust out the wazoo along with the normal pollen and tree/leaf crap.

I work from home and normally don't leave the house until noon or later. If I forgot to put the car in the garage overnight, I'm screwed. Dust, dust and more dust.

But on most occasions I can use rinseless. What a timesaver. And, since I got the Opti-Coat Pro+ treatment, it looks like it was just detailed every time.

Thanks again Glen
It's a huge PITA. Good thing I like washing my car lol It takes me an hour and half to wash my wheels (barrels included), two bucket wash on paint, dry, blow out crevices, and clean the door jambs, trunk, and under the hood.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:10 PM   #20
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I have experienced a similar problem on my vert, but the water comes from the SiriusXM antenna. The last time I washed my car, towards the end of drying it, I left my trunk open. However, a very small amount of water still came out the next day. I'll try leaving it open longer next time.
Yep, I leave the trunk open the entire time Im drying, with the exception of when I open the top cover to dry the underside of it. But I do see it coming off the antenna as well.

The dust here is killing me - the drought has been horrible this year.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:18 PM   #21
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
How do yall clean the ragtop rinseless? I picked up the only stuff I could find at the local walmart to give it a try at some point, but its in a spray bottle (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-was...FUQ6gQodo8wD4w). I need to read more on Glens guides
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:55 PM   #22
D2enigma

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post

I recommend this as well. I also had issue with this and I am happy to report that this is no longer a problem for me since I do rinseless.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
D2enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:21 AM   #23
Codester5

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
If you have an elevated driveway it all runs out in about 5 minutes. I just figured that out. Then i give it a last wipe and its done. Its bs this happens
Codester5 is offline   Reply With Quote